An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rick Santorum Takes Mo, Mn, And Co!

eagle_eye222001

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1328719796' post='2383707']
I saw this earlier today: [url="http://www.fplaction.org/the-catholic-case-against-rick-santorum/"]The Catholic Case Against Rick Santorum[/url].
[/quote]

Overall a pretty sound commentary, though it was hard for me to take the writer uber-seriously when he referred to the
[quote] Republican Party’s cozy embrace of economic libertarianism[/quote]
because, man, that is laughable. Don't think libertarian means what that author thinks it means. I'd say my shoe is more authentically libertarian than the broad fiscal platform of the Republicans.

That said, Kolbe gets my internet high five for today.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1328707111' post='2383617']
Well we don't know if it is true that obama is a muslim, but remember when obama slipped up and said something about his muslim religion, and when he was sworn in he did it again in the library... without a Bible? If it's true he is muslim... then idk why someone would vote for a muslim over a mormon, and for someone who supports killing babies...
[/quote]

Someone who supports killing American babies. I wouldn't put it past Muslim extremists...

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1328728133' post='2383785']
Someone who supports killing American babies. I wouldn't put it past Muslim extremists...
[/quote]

Do you understand that abortion is not permitted in Islam unless the mother's life in in danger? I can't believe this horse poo is coming back. Obama is not a Muslim. How absurd can you be? Obama is a Muslim? Are you kidding me? Set aside all the reasons this is ridiculous (despite what some here were saying in 08) before he came to office. This is the man who gave the go ahead on the raid to kill Osama and has waged an unrelenting drones and Special Forces campaign in Waziristan.

[quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1328727496' post='2383774']
Overall a pretty sound commentary, though it was hard for me to take the writer uber-seriously when he referred to the

because, man, that is laughable. Don't think libertarian means what that author thinks it means. I'd say my shoe is more authentically libertarian than the broad fiscal platform of the Republicans.

That said, Kolbe gets my internet high five for today.
[/quote]

The platform does not a party make. At least not when you have a huge sea change, like occurred in 2010 between conventions.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1328722013' post='2383722']
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZrWEpXqQweY/Tbje6wn1K0I/AAAAAAAAZoA/ISHMK5WcrwI/s1600/IMG_6940.JPG[/img]

A can of peas....not opposed to any Catholic moral or doctrine.

A Can of Peas - 2012!
[/quote]
Is that can of peas 35, and was it born in the U.S.?
If so, we're golden..o.r should we say "tin"!

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1328705560' post='2383597']
I like Rick, too.... Unfortunately, I don't think he can beat obama...one thing is, He's catholic....and I heard evangelists on television saying they wouldn't want a mormon, much less a Catholic...

people are sooooooooo dumb..........
[/quote]

I'm a little surprised that a hefty block of people outside of the Bob Jones crowd would care about whether or not a politician is Catholic these days. Now, JFK was one of the most overrated presidents ever and not the best Catholic, but nonetheless despite his status as a Catholic at least in the nominal sense, as a president he was a pretty big deal.

I've heard a lot of disparaging remarks about Santorum, but it wasn't about his Catholicism.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1328731936' post='2383840']
Now, JFK was one of the most overrated presidents ever [/quote]
:hehe: Dare I? YES!

[quote name='catholicinsd' timestamp='1208225912' post='1499729']
Don't you ever say that. Don't you ever say that again.
[/quote]

I don't agree.

Santorum vs. Obama would provide a clear choice, for both sides.

It would be a line in the sand.

With Romney, what is the difference between him and Obama? Both are big government, both have put government policy above religion, Obama beats Romeny.

Gingrich is the smartest man in the room, but he too has big government problems as well as baggage.

Santorum is smart, conservative and we haven't had one of those since Reagan.

All Rick needs is campaign money and he will bring the battle to Obama.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1328705560' post='2383597']
I like Rick, too.... Unfortunately, I don't think he can beat obama...one thing is, He's catholic....and I heard evangelists on television saying they wouldn't want a mormon, much less a Catholic...

people are sooooooooo dumb..........
[/quote]

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' timestamp='1328732609' post='2383853']
HSMom, I love you. That is amazing.
[/quote]

Back at ya!

[quote name='StMichael' timestamp='1328732610' post='2383854']

Gingrich is the smartest man in the room, but he too has big government problems as well as baggage.

[/quote]

That's a very small room.