An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World Is Full Of Sheep

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1329539869' post='2388841']
Fortunately, I have no need to learn this lesson since I am always a shining example of temperance and meekness. I have never behaved arrogantly or made unwarranted assumptions about my own experiences or the experiences of others. But for lesser mortals this is a valuable lesson to learn. I remember the countless calm, reasonable discussions I had with Madam Vengier back in the day and my calm resistance to any unduly harsh judgments or pronouncements against others. As a moderator who's been around since I first came here, cmotherofpearl can attest to this.
[/quote]
beesh i been here longer than you

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1329549891' post='2388890']
beesh i been here longer than you
[/quote]

Who really knows these things. What a strange place the world is!

MissScripture

Fortunately, I have no need to learn this lesson since I am always a shining example of temperance and meekness. I have never behaved arrogantly or made unwarranted assumptions about my own experiences or the experiences of others. But for lesser mortals this is a valuable lesson to learn. I remember the countless calm, reasonable discussions I had with Madam Vengier back in the day and my calm resistance to any unduly harsh judgments or pronouncements against others. As a moderator who's been around since I first came here, cmotherofpearl can attest to this.
[/quote]

Aaahhhh. Memories! :hehe:

cmotherofpirl

[/quote] :lol4:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1329506441' post='2388581']
[img]http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/star-wars-haters-vader.gif[/img]
[/quote]

That is a really overweight Darth Vader.

Mark of the Cross

I've been in the army thrown handgranades, fired machine guns and high powered SLRs. But I'm absolutely petrified giving a public speech. A real man or woman is one who speaks from the heart for Christ and doesn't give a hoot what others think of them.

I wonder how many duck shooters there would be if ducks could shoot back?

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329589299' post='2388975']
[img]http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/star-wars-haters-vader.gif[/img]
That is a really overweight Darth Vader.
[/quote]

His source is cheeseburger and his destiny is Phat mass!

[quote name='Hubertus' timestamp='1329244758' post='2386991']
I don't know much about unions, but my friends went to do some volunteer work over the summer in Chicago and they were told they couldn't do anything, not even build a handicap ramp.. Just paint. And apparently you can't fix something in your house if it's broken, you have to call an electrician/plumber/etc to do it. They said it was because of so much union legislation(?) there. That sounds like an abuse to me... Can anyone else shed some light on this?
[/quote]

Well, I know you can do DIY jobs in your own house, and in fact I have with the help of a non-union electrician acquaintance. However, the unions are powerful in Chicago, and there are union rules at McCormick Place (the major convention center) that do not allow vendors and such to set up their own displays or even plug a cord into a socket unless they get an approved union worker to do so for them (at an exhorbitant cost - I don't know what the going rate is today).