An Old School Catholic Message Board

The World Is Full Of Sheep

PhuturePriest

rhetor4christ

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1328844712' post='2384662']
I am not saying this is what makes a man. I'm saying this is an important aspect of manhood that has been lost. Women are taking the roles of men, and men are taking the roles of women. This core foundation of the way we're made is being distorted, and one of the first steps we need to make is to correct this liberal thinking.
[/quote]

Good morning, FuturePriest387,
What roles are women taking from men? What roles are men taking from women? I'm curious as to what you're meaning here.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='rhetor4christ' timestamp='1328968980' post='2385372']
Good morning, FuturePriest387,
What roles are women taking from men? What roles are men taking from women? I'm curious as to what you're meaning here.
[/quote]

Men are playing the role of a housewife, and women are taking the man's role of getting a job and being the leader of the family. Women are being the tough ones, and the men are the soft ones. I'm not saying women can't get a job, but women should not take place as leader of the household.

Not to mention the men and women that try to have sex changes.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1328967212' post='2385364']
[size=6]HIS MIDDLE NAME IS MARY WHAT A PANSY AMIRITE[/size]
[/quote]
[/quote]

He was a real man. He gave up his life for another person, he was a good man, and he was God-minded. You're all taking what I say out of context. I have repeatedly said that inflicting violence is not what makes a man, but everybody ignores those posts because me saying things like that ruins all the fun of blowing my words out of context and making fun of me. I'm going to copy and paste one of my previous comments, and if you choose to ignore it, leave. I'm not here to have people make fun of me. You can tell me my position is stupid all day, but making fun of me accomplishes nothing. You mention Saint Maximilian Kolbe. Would he make fun of someone with a stupid position?

"I'm completely agreeing with you. Being a man does not mean beating people up, or being able to, nor does it mean you can lift five hundred pounds and can sky-dive off a plane into the jungles of Vietnam and single-handedly kill all of the Viet-Cong with a shoe. However, being physical and being able to "cowboy-up" is an aspect of manhood that has been lost. From men trying to be women to men going to the doctor because they have a scrape on their knee, men just aren't being masculine anymore. We need to go back to the roots of being real men and acting like real men. Real men don't claim to be a women trapped in a man's body, and real twenty-year old men don't break down and cry because they have a scrape. Just as real men don't go around beating people to prove their manhood. Real men get the job done and take care of their family. Real men are God-minded, selfless, not as fragile as a five thousand year old clay pot, but are sensitive and are even man enough to cry. We need a balance, and today men are either going one way or the other, and almost never choose to stay in the middle."

Edited by FuturePriest387

what is the 'role of a housewife'?

is getting a job and 'being the leader' the finality of the man's role?

What does 'being the leader' mean to you?

What have you experienced that leads you to the opinions you feel so strong about?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1328975077' post='2385399']
you mention Saint Maximilian Kolbe. Would he make fun of someone with a stupid position?
[/quote]
St. Philip Neri would. :|

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1328974976' post='2385397']
Men are playing the role of a housewife, and women are taking the man's role of getting a job and being the leader of the family. Women are being the tough ones, and the men are the soft ones. I'm not saying women can't get a job, but women should not take place as leader of the household.

[/quote]

Aw, you think homemaking is a soft option. That's interesting.

brandelynmarie

FP387, I posted St. Max to show I agree with much of what you are saying. I glared & chuckled at USAirwaysIHS because he's doing what, er, USAirwaysIHS usually does. I'm not laughing at you. :)

[quote name='Selah' timestamp='1328976139' post='2385407']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lUjhEHlh7s[/media]
[/quote]

[right]love that movie! :hehe:[/right]

[/quote]

[right]:hehe:[/right]

[right]<_< [/right]

rhetor4christ

[/quote]

I've always wanted to have a housewife! :smile2:

[/quote]

1. How common is it really for men to play housewives??

2. Sure, I would love to be a housewife and take care of the kids and all that, but I am certainly not counting on finding a husband, (or, if I do, that he will be able to support a family on one salary).... so I hope you don't mind if I get my PhD and a job in the mean time... and if there comes a time that I am married and I have a job and my husband is unemployed I definitely expect him to take up responsibility aroudn the house until he finds a job.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1328982139' post='2385466']

2. Sure, I would love to be a housewife and take care of the kids and all that, but I am certainly not counting on finding a husband, (or, if I do, that he will be able to support a family on one salary).... so I hope you don't mind if I get my PhD and a job in the mean time... and if there comes a time that I am married and I have a job and my husband is unemployed I definitely expect him to take up responsibility aroudn the house until he finds a job.
[/quote]My FIL was the stay-at-home-parent until the youngest went to school. Of course, that isn't all that common, and also didn't denote that my MIL was making all th decisions or the my FIL wasn't head of the household. Her job paid more, and they agreed that she'd work and he'd stay home. I personally won't make that agreement with my husband, because I need to be home with my children, in part because I breastfeed full-term, but also for my own sanity. When we first married, though, I was the one working, as he'd just lost his job. We are partners, though, and it all works out.

rhetor4christ

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1328982139' post='2385466']

[/quote]

Yay for getting your PhD! So am I :)

We're going to ruin this world. Just ruin it! ;)