An Old School Catholic Message Board

98% Of Catholics Are Not Using Contraception

Lil Red

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1329324288' post='2387492']
If the White House says it, assume its a lie until checked.
[/quote]

Hahaha! Avvesome.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1331756753' post='2400771']
I don't think someone who descents from Church teaching can truly be considered a faithful catholic. They remind me of the Pharisees. We are suppose to trust God with our whole life to the point where we can even put our life on the line. If we aren't willing to do that then we shouldn't side with something we don't agree with. I wish people would make up their minds. If they truly want to be catholic they should repent and if they don't then they should be converted. I believe evangelize starts within the church. Otherwise, how are we supposed to spread the faith when so many "Catholics" are unfaithful?
[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with you on this point. I agree that if someone claims to be a Catholic, then they should live their lives according to Catholic teaching otherwise they should stop claiming this title for themselves. However this is why so many people say to themselves, "Catholics use contraceptives" and think that it's more a battle of Church heirarchy vs the government, rather then Catholics vs the government.

I don't agree with the whole "converted" comment but that is a different debate for another time.

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1331757516' post='2400780']

I don't agree with the whole "converted" comment but that is a different debate for another time.
[/quote]
Well, I don't want to tell someone to leave the Church!

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1331757891' post='2400782']
Well, I don't want to tell someone to leave the Church!
[/quote]

Why not? Perhaps it would be the best thing for them...

Never forget that I go to daily Mass, I pray the rosary, I am single, and I have uses birth control pills, the IUD, and gave myself the best birthday present possible, a hysterectomy. If I had followed the Church's contradictory stance on birth control, My uterus would have killed me. So single and supposedly celibate white guys have no room to talk.

Archaeology cat

Christa, hormonal treatments are permissible when needed (I would argue that there are better hormonal treatments than the pill, though, as I think the do for should test hormone levels and tailor them for the patient, using bio identical hormones). A hysterectomy isn't evil when it's necessary. My sister had to have a hysterectomy for severe endometriosis, after she'd tried many other treatments and had several surgeries. Doing so wasn't sinful, for she wasn't doing it to keep from having children (in fact, she would've liked to have had the option to have children). But Church teaching doesn't condemn getting such treatment when it is, in fact,necessary, as it sounds like yours was. No, the problem is using contraception for the sake of contraception, since it thwarts the u itive and procreative aspects of sex. Even if that is a side effect of a treatment, since it is not the intended effect, it is permissible, as far as I'm aware.

May God bless you

[quote name='Christa' timestamp='1331796756' post='2401012']
So single and supposedly celibate [b]white[/b] guys have no room to talk.
[/quote]
why you gotta be racist? Cardinal Arinze has a sad face now.

[quote name='Christa' timestamp='1331796756' post='2401012']
Never forget that I go to daily Mass, I pray the rosary, I am single, and I have uses birth control pills, the IUD, and gave myself the best birthday present possible, a hysterectomy. If I had followed the Church's contradictory stance on birth control, My uterus would have killed me. So single and supposedly celibate white guys have no room to talk.
[/quote]
Now if you were taking care of your health and not using the stuff for reproductive reasons I believe the church permits that. However, if you were using it to prevent pregnancy I would encourage you to put your trust in Christ to guide you through you life. Also I would recommend you read St. Faustina's diary if you haven't already. It is amazing reading. I can only speak for my self and I want to reassure you that I am in no position to judge you. I am only sent by God to love. So, I really hope you aren't upset with the church because otherwise you are upset with God and then you would be able to do his will. I fell like it is so easy to just speak you mind about these sorts of thing and especially on the internet. So, I am not judging you but I am pointing you in a better direction so that you can do Gods will to the best of your ability. But I really hope that you are not hurting God because God loves you more than anything if you will let him. God Bless! :saint2: I will pray for you :amen: