An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Wears Veil In Public

DameAgnes

I don't understand the veil point, so no comment there, but the hysterical atmosphere from the audience and those behind her quite creeped me out...

I'm horrified by this occurrence. Those people behind her freak me out as well. "Mmmmhhmmm" and bobbing their head at the same time. :twitch:

:x

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1329366530' post='2387855']
um are these women "priests" I see behind her? Lord help them in their misdirection.
[/quote]

[url="http://actsoftheapostasy.wordpress.com/adopt-a-priestess-project/"]http://actsoftheapostasy.wordpress.com/adopt-a-priestess-project/[/url]

Funny blog, serious about praying for "women priests."

Strictlyinkblot

So, she's wearing a veil to protest church teaching??? Huh??? As a symbol of feeling oppressed or just to stand out? Very strange. Much prayer needed

She an Sr. Caroline Keenan (of Catholic hospital fame) seem to be cut from the same cloth (no pun intended)! So very sad. And to think that many people believe they must speak for the Church and for the majority of Catholics because they are Catholic sisters!!!!!
We need to seriously pray for the many sisters/nuns who have "left the rservation" and have shaped their own view of Catholicism that bears very little resemblance to the real thing.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1329380072' post='2387895']
So, she's wearing a veil to protest church teaching??? Huh??? As a symbol of feeling oppressed or just to stand out? Very strange. Much prayer needed
[/quote]

But hey, maybe she'll realize how amesome it is to dress like a habited Sister and continue to wear one!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1329408035' post='2387960']
But hey, maybe she'll realize how amesome it is to dress like a habited Sister and continue to wear one!
[/quote]

We can only hope. I just hope that veil isn't blessed. I feel that she's making a mockery of the habit to be honest and if its blessed its sacrilegious to use a sacramental like that.

I know so many good sisters who don't wear a habit but are completely loyal to the church but its sisters like her that make the headlines.

I have difficulty with some Church teachings and I have to reason them out. I'm still working on that. But at the end of the day sometimes like a good father the Church's answer (and God's) is 'Because I said so'. We have to trust Our Church.

Katiebobatie94

I would just like to point out that people who are gay or lesbain, shouldn't be alienated at all. They should be treated like crud and the shouldn't be told that they are not allowed in the church. I think we should love them, and share with them the love of God. I would also like to point out that beig gay or lesbian is not something they choose. One of my best friends is a lesbian and she hates herself for it. She literally fights with herself. If she were to go out with a guy, chances are she would be miserable. Just wanted to say that.

[quote name='Katiebobatie94' timestamp='1329418003' post='2388010'] I would just like to point out that people who are gay or lesbain, shouldn't be alienated at all. They should be treated like crud and the shouldn't be told that they are not allowed in the church. I think we should love them, and share with them the love of God. I would also like to point out that beig gay or lesbian is not something they choose. One of my best friends is a lesbian and she hates herself for it. She literally fights with herself. If she were to go out with a guy, chances are she would be miserable. Just wanted to say that. [/quote]

Katie, you're absolutely right that we should love our brothers and sisters in Christ. Having Same Sex Attraction is a cross that many bear, and it is our responsibility to show them charity, compassion. But there is no love without truth, and we do have to accept the truth that is a disordered form of love that violates natural law. Therefore, we can support our brothers and sisters with SSA, and help them to live a chaste life (as we all should do- a singles, in religious life, and in marriage), but we do not support the sin itself. Does that make sense? I'll pray for your friend, that she may find peace and support in her battle!

Edited to clarify: The sin is not the the state of having that attraction/being gay it's acting on it.

Edited by Lisa

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Katiebobatie94' timestamp='1329418003' post='2388010']
I would just like to point out that people who are gay or lesbain, shouldn't be alienated at all. They should be treated like crud and the shouldn't be told that they are not allowed in the church. I think we should love them, and share with them the love of God. I would also like to point out that beig gay or lesbian is not something they choose. One of my best friends is a lesbian and she hates herself for it. She literally fights with herself. If she were to go out with a guy, chances are she would be miserable. Just wanted to say that.
[/quote]

Katiebobatie94, I apologise if my post came across as in any way unloving or judgemental. It was not my intention. I too have many friends who struggle with their sexuality. The cross of same sex attraction must be a terrible one.

I agree they should not be excluded from the church and they should be treated with love and compassion. However I do believe we are all called to be chaste.

I will pray for your friend.