An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Wears Veil In Public

DameAgnes

Katiebobatie94

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1329418735' post='2388014']
Katie, you're absolutely right that we should love our brothers and sisters in Christ. Having Same Sex Attraction is a cross that many bear, and it is our responsibility to show them charity, compassion. But there is no love without truth, and we do have to accept the truth that is a disordered form of love that violates natural law. Therefore, we can support our brothers and sisters with SSA, and help them to live a chaste life (as we all should do- a singles, in religious life, and in marriage), but we do not support the sin itself. Does that make sense? I'll pray for your friend, that she may find peace and support in her battle!

Edited to clarify: The sin is not the the state of having that attraction/being gay it's acting on it.
[/quote]

yeah that makes total sense and i know that. i just thought id put my two cents in. and thanks shes a pretty amesome girls it stinks to see her upset like she is.

:amen: Much praying for the Catholic Church and all who teach it the right way.

:cry: I just wan to point out that their was Lutheran pastier that was sick, and want back to work. She was going to be out for the whole school year. When she got better, she, then, try to return back to work. Someone took it to the courts, and the 9 people who was on jury, it was a 9-0 ruling. This bring a positive to the Catholic Church. I am grateful that they did this ruling over her. This means that women cannot be [color=#282828]priests. I found this out about a month ago.[/color]

:beg:[font="'Segoe UI"][color="#282828"]So, please pray for the Catholic Church that we remain strong throughout this time of trouble.[/color][/font] :beg:

One thing to keep in mind is that the devil uses appearance to his advantage. While she is obviously opposing the church's teachings she can only "get away" with it if she looks catholic. This makes me think of the leftist group Catholics for Choice. They use the title of Catholic to make them seem like they have a legitimate position in the Church. Of course the only ones who really know the full truth on the matter are the faithful Catholics who actually appreciate what a wonderful gift the church is to society.This said, I hope with all of my soul that these wayward souls will realize how much sorrow they cause God. I pray for sinners every day. This just makes me realize just how needed those prayers are. :cry:

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1329682716' post='2389492']
One thing to keep in mind is that the devil uses appearance to his advantage. While she is obviously opposing the church's teachings she can only "get away" with it if she looks catholic. This makes me think of the leftist group Catholics for Choice. They use the title of Catholic to make them seem like they have a legitimate position in the Church. Of course the only ones who really know the full truth on the matter are the faithful Catholics who actually appreciate what a wonderful gift the church is to society.This said, I hope with all of my soul that these wayward souls will realize how much sorrow they cause God. I pray for sinners every day. This just makes me realize just how needed those prayers are. :cry:
[/quote]
I was pointing out the people who decent from church teaching if that did not come across clear enough. :oops:

That is ok, Annie12. Everyone comes to a fork in the path, and they have to chose which path they want to go down. Being Catholic and pro-Life, marriage should be between a man and a woman. Same-sex marriage is the worse thing that happen to my country. I thank God every day for my parents, and for my faith.

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1329343708' post='2387671']
I don't understand the veil point, so no comment there, but the hysterical atmosphere from the audience and those behind her quite creeped me out...
[/quote]

The veil makes her look less like a liberal.