PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329623697' post='2389190']
no, it's more like 25. :|

I'm kidding.
[/quote]
No you aren't.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Innocent' timestamp='1329623429' post='2389182']

Pardon my curiosity, but I am not able to grasp this concept.

I can understand if one's personal failings in progress in virtue makes one feel emasculated, but why should an expression of interest from a member of the fairer sex make you feel emasculated?

In the interests of full disclosure, I have next to zero experience with romantic relationships, and so I probably shouldn't be taking part in this discussion at all, but still, I wanted to mention a point that you might have overlooked:

You say,

But can't there be situations where a man has not expressed his interest in a lady for any number of other good reasons other than fear of rejection?

Anyway, just my two cents. As I said, I probably shouldn't even be in this thread anyway.
[/quote]

I actually wanted to touch on this. I do not mean giving any sort of interest is bad. You can show in some way that you are interested, I simply don't advise initiating the relationship. If the man is afraid, you can in subtle ways show him you are interested, which will boost his confidence and lead him to ask you. I'm simply saying don't flirt (As men shouldn't) and don't say "Hey, wanna go out?" Some men are okay with this, but I personally would be absolutely mortified if this happened to me.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329623473' post='2389183']
So you throw advice away because of my age? Saint Padre Pio entered the Capuchin Franciscans when he was fifteen. If he gave you advice would you go "Pft. Silly fifteen year old. You don't know anything or have any valid opinions. You get that at the magical age of eighteen!"?
[/quote]
I would suggest taking your age off of your profile if you feel this way. I felt like that once, and so I took it off. You know, they could be right, but it is always a pain when people throw your opinion away because of your age, that has happened to me countless times.

I agree with the mods for the most part here, even while I definitely agree with most of your original post.

Oops, we better be careful, this is going to get moved to the debate table! :)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329623507' post='2389184']
Oh, just start it again in VS. Nobody cares that it has nothing to do with vocations, because their all nice there. Just make sure there are no mods allowed!
[/quote]

What's with you dissing the mods? Geeze.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1329623843' post='2389194']
What's with you dissing the mods? Geeze.
[/quote]
I recall a time when it was not looked kindly upon to publicly criticize the moderating team...

AccountDeleted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329623156' post='2389179']
I understand what you mean. Had I known this place is chalk-full of people that wish no more than making fun of anything you say (Because, after all, their position and their position alone is right, no matter what) I would never have come here. I can guarantee you this is most likely my last thread ever in Open Mic. Where might I go where all opinions are treated maturely? So far, that's Vocation Station, since just about everyone is nice there, but this is wrong for VS.
[/quote]

FuturePriest - I think that you will find, even in Vocation Station, that speaking in absolutes is not going to be well received. In fact, I notice there that posters try NOT to speak in absolutes because it is an offence against charity. It is great to state your views and preferences, but unless the Church has a specific teaching about a particular topic, there really aren't any absolutes - there are only opinions.

I think the reason that people are making light-hearted fun of you is because you come across as so dogmatic about issues right now - it is a particularly teenage thing to do - but as you gain experience over time, you may find that not all of the views you hold now will be kept.

I don't wear make-up or perfume, and I dress very modestly but I have worn make-up when working in the world as this is considered 'good grooming'. It is similar to having one's hair done and wearing clothes suitable to the occasion. I especially loved your comment about too much perfume - as I find myself having to move seats at Mass sometimes because a woman near me will be drenched in something that makes me sneeze. But try to moderate the way you express your opinions by realising that at 15 you don't really know everything there is to know yet (and the odds are good that you never will). So perhaps you might aim for a little more humility in voicing your opinions? Red has been right in everything she has posted.... if you want to be a priest, you have a lot to learn yet.

MissScripture

[quote name='XIX' timestamp='1329623621' post='2389189']
I don't agree with your OP (I see what you're getting at, but I'd have worded it more carefully).

Nevertheless, I totally understand your frustration. It's taking a while for anybody get around to, yaknow, [i]constructive [/i]criticism? Everyone people are chomping at the bit to slam you. I guess that's how adults treams 15 year olds around here. It's...embarrassing, to say the least.
[/quote]
Sorry, I have a hard time taking it seriously when a person with no relationship experience tells me that I ruined my husbands idea of his role in our relationship because I made the first move. I would have issue with what he said if he were 15 or 30 or 60. Age isn't the issue. Presentation and, in this case, some of the content IS the issue.

[quote name='XIX' timestamp='1329623621' post='2389189'] I don't agree with your OP (I see what you're getting at, but I'd have worded it more carefully). Nevertheless, I totally understand your frustration. It's taking a while for anybody get around to, yaknow, [i]constructive [/i]criticism? Everyone people are chomping at the bit to slam you. I guess that's how adults treams 15 year olds around here. It's...embarrassing, to say the least. [/quote]

really? i'm not chomping at the bit to slam him. but as Ice put it:
[quote]Dude, you're entitled to your opinions, but when you say something that basically is like saying "Hey, the majority of you women here are emasculating and immodest" you can't really expect it to be taken kindly. [/quote]

anyway, I really shouldn't have posted because I'm especially cranky tonight. FP - I like that you are on fire for your faith, and you are striving for holiness. I pray that phatmass can be a place of refinement for you, to help you in your journey towards priesthood. God bless.

mysisterisalittlesister

Ok, this 15 year old just stated his opinion about women's modesty. It was a perfectly reasonable one, with a few flaws, but reasonable. Now, as I expected, mods and mod-like PMers are pointing out all the flaws and leaving out the good points. Sigh.

AccountDeleted

Oh, just start it again in VS. Nobody cares that it has nothing to do with vocations, because their all nice there. Just make sure there are no mods allowed!
[/quote]

Nobody cares? Well, I certainly care if the topic is not about Vocations, so perhaps I am nobody? I think I am nice, but I would prefer that a debate be posted on the Debate Table. And any time someone posts their 'opinion', there is probably gonig to be a debate.

And I hope the mods ARE in VS! They do a remendous job.

I will say this only one more time: wearing make-up is NOT bad. I never said it was. I said I didn't like it and it can send the wrong signals.

So you throw advice away because of my age? Saint Padre Pio entered the Capuchin Franciscans when he was fifteen. If he gave you advice would you go "Pft. Silly fifteen year old. You don't know anything or have any valid opinions. You get that at the magical age of eighteen!"?
[/quote]

[/quote]

If a fifteen year old Pio made statements that were insulting? You betcha Iwould blow it off. I also disagree with Thomas Aquinas on usury and slavery. There's a couple of things that Augustine has wrong too (since he didn't have any accurate biology courses)

Pio wasn't a saint at 15 and saints are not infallible.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1329623924' post='2389195']
I recall a time when it was not looked kindly upon to publicly criticize the moderating team...
[/quote]

If you really were an old woman, I'd smack you in the mouth for popping off like that.

:flex2: :flex2: :flex2:

Roamin Catholic

[/quote]

Uhhhh dUSt cares....There are tight restrictions on what is actually allowed there. Do you not remember the whole "No Marriage Threads" thing?

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1329624297' post='2389203']
Nobody cares? Well, I certainly care if the topic is not about Vocations, so perhaps I am nobody? I think I am nice, but I would prefer that a debate be posted on the Debate Table. And any time someone posts their 'opinion', there is probably gonig to be a debate.

And I hope the mods ARE in VS! They do a remendous job.
[/quote] yes, you're right. I realized that right after I posted it that I should have said the Debate Table or Transmundane Lane. The mods are avvesome, but they can be kind of insensitive sometimes.