An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fat Tuesday

Papist

IcePrincessKRS

Right now I am eating a reuben. I think we might order pizza for dinner...

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1329843026' post='2390640']
My mom used to make French toast out of left over donuts from our church bingo on Saturday night. That made for a sugar rich experience after mass the next day. That was back in the day when you couldn't have anything to eat from midnight on before mass. Stale banana nut bread makes pretty nice French toast too.
[/quote]

That only works if your banana bread lasts long enough TO get stale. :|

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1329843433' post='2390646']
my name is not Tuesday.

SHEESH PEOPLE... I have feelings too, ya'know...

:sad2:
[/quote]

we had you confused with that creepy Addams girl--that dress is too big. our bad. :)

inunionwithrome

We had Vegetable Beef Stew that we made last night and had it for lunch. For dinner, we are having something meat related, a peach cobbler, and anything else that we are not allowed to have tomorrow. Of course, I will eat as I usually do snacking on fruit and vegtables between meals, and afternoon tea of course. But other than that, I do not plan on making a glutton out of myself.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Azriel' timestamp='1329848301' post='2390683']
[url="http://www.absolutemichigan.com/dig/michigan/fat-tuesday-is-paczki-day-in-michigan/"]Paczki![/url]
[/quote]

I wish we could get good paczki here. If there's a place I have no idea where it is. I should just learn to make it myself.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1329848166' post='2390680']
i had a salad with light italian dressing and a mango. well... a half a mango.
[/quote]

....how very indulgent of you.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1329840409' post='2390622']
LSOP's picture is pretty good. I used 4 tbs of flour, 4 tbs sugar, 3 tbs oil, 3 tbs milk, 2 tbs whisked egg, 2 tbs cocoa powder, a splash of vanilla, a dash of cinnamon, and a big splash of strong coffee from that morning. Nuke in the microwave for about two minutes. Also good with chocolate chips. :)

Make sure you have a glass of milk to go with it, though. :)
[/quote]

Wow! That sounds amesome! We have all the ingredients so I'm going to try it! :drool:

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1329843433' post='2390646']
my name is not Tuesday.

SHEESH PEOPLE... I have feelings too, ya'know...

:sad2:
[/quote]

Sorry. I forgot you people are sensitive. I need anti-bulling sensitivity training.

I'm trying to convince my Mom to go to dinner at TacoBell before our CRHP meeting. We have to be there earlier than usual so I thought I'd ask.

I haven't had much in the way of junk today. Yesterday was a binge fest, though. Today, I had 2 vanilla wafer cookies (like sugar wafers) and 1 carton of Michelina's Lean Gourmet Pepperoni Pizza snacks and that was it so far. I'm heading out to Walmart in a bit to get some more ink for my printer and I'm going to get some Coke because I ran out again. I try not to keep it in the house overnight, otherwise, I end up drinking WAY too much. I might get a McDonald's Cheeseburger again while I'm there and a Whatchamacallit bar. ;)