An Old School Catholic Message Board

Homosexual Judge Refuses To Officiate Straight Marriages

BG45

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1330061824' post='2392132'] Such sanctimonious stands don't do much to advance real dialogue on the subject, of which there is little.
[/quote]

No. There's been quite a bit of dialogue on it. And your side is losing and will almost certainly continue to lose. :hehe2:

I wonder if this judge will perform interspecies marriages? I know this duck and a cat that seem pretty fond of each other....

ed

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1330062189' post='2392135']
The limits of an iPad...I can't figure out how to copy an image location so paste it in a response here (where you would right click on a PC). My response would have been out of How the Catholic Church built Western Civ though. I will post it tomorrow.
[/quote]

I own the book. I can't say it's impressive unless the argument is that at no point in history has the Catholic Church or individuals within the Catholic Church ever done any good.

I found a pretty good review that pretty sums up my views and probably what response I would give to whatever you intend to quote.

[url="http://www.isthatlegal.org/archives/2006/01/feelgood_histor.html"]http://www.isthatlegal.org/archives/2006/01/feelgood_histor.html[/url]

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1330062359' post='2392138']
I wonder if this judge will perform interspecies marriages? I know this duck and a cat that seem pretty fond of each other....

ed
[/quote]

Gay people are just like ducks and cats.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330062224' post='2392137']

No. There's been quite a bit of dialogue on it. And your side is losing and will almost certainly continue to lose. :hehe2:
[/quote]

By dialogue I mean talking that includes some sort of measure of intelligence, which there has been almost none. And I would disagree that Christians are losing. I would say most of the battles have been won, even if temporarily overturned by a judge.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330063429' post='2392144']

I own the book. I can't say it's impressive unless the argument is that at no point in history has the Catholic Church or individuals within the
[/quote]

Well that was easy, you just refuted your own quote.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1330063661' post='2392147']
Well that was easy, you just refuted your own quote.
[/quote]

The letter, arguable. Not the spirit.

[quote name='Brother Adam' timestamp='1330063484' post='2392145']
By dialogue I mean talking that includes some sort of measure of intelligence, which there has been almost none. And I would disagree that Christians are losing. I would say most of the battles have been won, even if temporarily overturned by a judge.
[/quote]

Well, your hunch goes against the data.

[url="http://www.gallup.com/poll/147662/first-time-majority-americans-favor-legal-gay-marriage.aspx"]http://www.gallup.co...y-marriage.aspx[/url]

Your arguments are based on a sexual ethic that very few people actually follow (even if they pay lip service to it). The polling trends are against you. Worse yet, the age difference is significant. The young overwhelmingly support it while the old don't by about the same difference. This results in parity for now. Particularly since the elderly are more politically active. Unfortunately they're also 'on their way out' as it were. The courts are trending against you, although the USSC may tilt that definitively one way or the other (although this doesn't look good since Kennedy is on his way for retirement and no justice wants to be remembered for being on the wrong side of major social change). Not to mention the rather amusing discoveries over the past few years that an unfortunate number of the most serious leaders of the vanguard against gay marriage secretly enjoy dropping to their knees for more than prayer.

[img]http://dailycandor.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/tolestoetapping.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1101/meet-ted-haggard-hypocrite-of-the-gop-political-poster-1294171659.jpg[/img]

Edited by Hasan

eagle_eye222001

My generation will okay gay marriage. That seems likely.
It is a cross for the faithful of my generation...that we defend the truth of marriage amid martyring shots of criticism and harassment.

It will be like the generation before us that approved of abortions. And the post generations will realize the foolishness of their ways.

Today's society celebrates the pill. Tomorrow, society will cry as it withers and collapses in its poison. It has already started to settle as modern nations are beginning to collapse on themselves.

And the Church will prevail through all the Hell that is thrown against it. :crusader2:

Society seems determined to experiment with this. We'll see how long it lasts.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1330071368' post='2392161']

It will be like the generation before us that approved of [s]abortions[/s] integration
[/quote]

Fxd

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1330087995' post='2392174']
juges shouldn;t perform marriages anyway - they aint sacramental.
[/QUOTE]

I guess by this logic only Catholics should get married.

The state has a real interest in setting legal parameters around the institution of marriage. When two people decide to intertwine their lives you need to state to have laws in place to determine the division of that property in the event of death or divorce, child custody et cetera. Just getting the state out of the business of marriage really wouldn't work.

[QUOTE]oh and hasan?
:hotstuff:
[/quote]

Thank you! I love chocolate ice-cream with sprinkles :winner: :winner: :winner:

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330073611' post='2392163']
Fxd
[/quote]

Only if integration = gay marriage.......which it isn't.