An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trousseau Items - A Few Questions

HopefulBride

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1330200339' post='2392941']
I collect Casio Baby-G watches. They are indestructible, and you don't have to worry about taking them off for showers or dishwashing. I have worked on watches since I was a kid. I buy big sacks of broken ones to recycle into working watches. I would love to send you one as a "wedding" present. Just PM me your address, and if it has to be black or if you'd prefer a colored one. In black/brown I have:
[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sPZEAUkwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[/img]This is a BG-140 that I have in brown.
[img]http://electronif.com/all-electronic-watches/casio325b2vt-pb.jpg[/img]BG-325 in black. This is called a reverse display. It's muted. I find them hard to read, but I know military guys like them.
[img]http://img9-a.dena.ne.jp/ex91/cb/10/4597626/10/70697338_1.jpg[/img]The one I have is black, but not the butterfly version. This would be my pick for you because the tripper version is great when you are calling home across time zones. It actually has a function that allows you to set the alarm to go off at 9pm in the Eastern time zone without having to do the math in your head. As an example I use one when my husband is in Europe and he asks me to call him at the hotel at 5pm.

I will make sure it has a new battery, new gasket, completely waterproof, and with a photocopied manual. Batteries last about 3 years, and if you send it back to me, I'll put a new one in and reseal it up again. My watches come with lifetime guaranties. It gives me an excuse to work on them again.
[/quote]

CatherineM!!!! Thank you so much. That is sooo very generous of you.

I will PM you my info.

Thanks again!

I just love my PM pham :)

Gosh, if people keep entering will there be anyone left in VS? hahaha

(And just think: this is only the eve of the New Springtime... VS is gonna be bursting at the seams soon hahahah)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Divine Mercy 9999' timestamp='1330190726' post='2392881']
I tried to PM you, but it wouldn't go through. The pattern is for crochet slipper/socks.
[/quote]

I crochet and make slipper/socks myself but your pattern looks much better! Is it possible for you to send it to me via annierosha(at)gmail(dot)com ?

Yeah, I've got mine; my parents actually got me one for christmas. Nothing fancy. It will definitely take some getting used to; however, after I've been using a phone as a watch for 5+ years.

I got a watch when I went on my retreat at Carmel. Came in handy when I had been in the chapel after ours and Sr.Aimee, the extern, didn't want to disturb me. haha it was SUPER LATE. I noticed before it got too bad, thankfully. You go wal-mart watches.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1330201996' post='2392965']
I would invest in a few pairs of Cuddly Duds or whatever they're called. They are SO comfortable and last a long time. And old lady at the monastery introduced me to them (by buying some for me) because I was cold all the time. They worked great. I got wool socks at REI one time when I needed them for hiking. But I'm from the deep south so I'm not keen on where to shop for warm stuff.
[/quote]

Cuddle Duds. They're great.

Now ... if you're able to wait a wee bit (I forget when it happens) Kohls puts them on sale for up to 70% off. That's when I brought tons of them. My sister loves them. My niece sleeps in a 2x as a night gown :) (she's a size 0).

When I see it happen I will let you know ... I'm looking to buy a bunch more again.

Oooh -- and as a recommendation, do NOT get silk thermals. They become holey too quickly. The Cuddle Duds (or other brands, the normal ones) last much longer.

Edited by cmariadiaz

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330225995' post='2393098']
Seems like I should get used to wearing my watch again! I'm glad all of a sudden I had boring taste in watches even at 16.
[/quote]

It depends? Some religious communities do not permit you to wear a watch (they will keep a watch in the skirt/habit pocket).

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1330236606' post='2393132']
Cuddle Duds. They're great.

Now ... if you're able to wait a wee bit (I forget when it happens) Kohls puts them on sale for up to 70% off. That's when I brought tons of them. My sister loves them. My niece sleeps in a 2x as a night gown :) (she's a size 0).

When I see it happen I will let you know ... I'm looking to buy a bunch more again.

Oooh -- and as a recommendation, do NOT get silk thermals. They become holey too quickly. The Cuddle Duds (or other brands, the normal ones) last much longer.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion CMaria! I can definitely wait until they are on sale.

Watch is packaged to mail tomorrow. I'm including a fob for it so you can wear it clipped to a belt loop or apron string if you want to.

Size 7 shoes. I haven't worn size 7 since I was about 7 years old. I'm just hoping they don't keep getting bigger. At this rate by the time I'm retirement age I'm going to need hand me downs from Shaq.

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1330288067' post='2393282']
Watch is packaged to mail tomorrow. I'm including a fob for it so you can wear it clipped to a belt loop or apron string if you want to.

Size 7 shoes. I haven't worn size 7 since I was about 7 years old. I'm just hoping they don't keep getting bigger. At this rate by the time I'm retirement age I'm going to need hand me downs from Shaq.
[/quote]

Thanks again CatherineM. I was under the impression that there was no way my feet can grow anymore. I think I will start looking for size 8.5 shoes instead. hahaha