An Old School Catholic Message Board

Incest And Adam+Eve

Ice_nine

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1331208281' post='2397670']

Here's the full passage:       24Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures. 25This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; 26and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately. 27And when he wanted to go across to Achaia, the brethren encouraged him and wrote to the disciples to welcome him; and when he had arrived, he greatly helped those who had believed through grace, 28for he powerfully refuted the Jews in public, demonstrating by the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

So he spoke accurately - about what he knew. He obviously didn't have the full knowledge since he didn't know of the Trinitarian baptism, and since they "explained to him the way of God more accurately". Using my grandfather as an example again, he could explain accurately what he knew, but that doesn't mean he had the full knowledge and might not need further explanation of things. We believe the full truth is in the Church, but that doesn't mean there aren't others like Apollos, too. I do not say any of this to be insulting or condescending, so I hope it doesn't come across that way.

May God bless you
[/quote]

Well I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh with my response...it's just some of the things said by others that I took as an insult...I'll leave it at that...don't want to get into another topic concerning your response and others.

Grace and peace to you

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331225774' post='2397739']

Well I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh with my response...it's just some of the things said by others that I took as an insult...I'll leave it at that...don't want to get into another topic concerning your response and others.

Grace and peace to you
[/quote]No worries! I can be so hard to convey the right tone at times, and I fully admit to lacking tact a lot of the time. I sincerely apologise if I have offended, too. God be with you.

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1331226207' post='2397740']
No worries! I can be so hard to convey the right tone at times, and I fully admit to lacking tact a lot of the time. I sincerely apologise if I have offended, too. God be with you.
[/quote]

I was offended...but not by you. I have alot of respect for many on this site and what they have to say...I take in alot of it...not trying to be so closed minded...there are things said that I do agree with...but I must also say there are many things I don't agree with...originally I came here to respond to post that misrepresented a movement...now I am sticking around to share my thoughts on different topics...I am not trying to start arguments that are disrespectful or degrading to your beliefs...I am only sharing my viewpoint and understanding on certain things...I purposely stay away from topics that might be a little deeper than what I would like to get into...cause then I might be disrespectful...and that's not what I want.
This topic was on Adam and Eve and somehow got turned into taking the bible literally...I read it and know that there are things in it that may be hard to comprehend but the more I read it over and over the more I learn from it...I can never and will never know everything there is to know...but I am thankful for having it and being able to read it in my own language on my own time and having God speak to me through it. There is a quote I like that is written in my bible...it says...When I pray I am talking to God, When I read and study His word He is talking to me. Oh how I love hearing from Him.

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account. Hebrews 4:12-13

Archaeology cat

We're all learning more, all the time. :) I, too, am very thankful to have the Bible in my language. It is hard to imagine not having it, or not being able to read.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Louie' timestamp='1331228234' post='2397748']
I was offended...but not by you. I have alot of respect for many on this site and what they have to say...I take in alot of it...not trying to be so closed minded...there are things said that I do agree with...but I must also say there are many things I don't agree with...originally I came here to respond to post that misrepresented a movement...now I am sticking around to share my thoughts on different topics...I am not trying to start arguments that are disrespectful or degrading to your beliefs...I am only sharing my viewpoint and understanding on certain things...I purposely stay away from topics that might be a little deeper than what I would like to get into...cause then I might be disrespectful...and that's not what I want.
This topic was on Adam and Eve and somehow got turned into taking the bible literally...I read it and know that there are things in it that may be hard to comprehend but the more I read it over and over the more I learn from it...I can never and will never know everything there is to know...but I am thankful for having it and being able to read it in my own language on my own time and having God speak to me through it. There is a quote I like that is written in my bible...it says...When I pray I am talking to God, When I read and study His word He is talking to me. Oh how I love hearing from Him.
[/quote]Louie If I offended you I am sorry, because that is not my intention. Let me try again.
If someone offers me a handshake in friendship it is a good thing, but if someone offers me a hug, it is better. Receiving the Eucharist is receiving the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God. Its not something we have as a reminder of him, but HIM.

Since insests is bad, I don't beleive God would have it be the only way to create a human race. Even when taken literaly, the account from gennisis says that Eve was made from Adam's rib. I take this to mean that the 2 were one like the first human couple or in otherwords the creation of marraige. Pesonally I beleive the eveloution story that God breathed soul into adam. But anyway, I was looking at a website that said that God made marraige when he created Adam and Eve.