An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rush Limbaugh: Certified Cretin

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1330825043' post='2395900']
Well, this is obviously why you're not Catholic. Contraception is evil and it needs to be stopped this instant. The health risks it brings to women alone is enough to take it off the markets. If Tylenol gave women an increased risk of breast cancer, preclampsia, heart attacks, strokes, blood clots, thinned bone marrow, countless problems with the reproductive system, and a whole lot more, the company would be sued. But contraception isn't because it's contraception.
[/quote]

pretty sure unless you are allergic to the latex in condoms(not all are made with latex) they are not health risk.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1330827404' post='2395926']
Bingo. Robert Byrd apologizing for having been a klansman didn't make him any less of a supremacist butt-chapeau. The only reason a politician will ever apologize is for damage control.
[/quote]

I am getting sick of the negativity and cynicism going on around here. Politicians are real people with real feelings. Yes, there are many that are unfortunately immoral, but there are some that are still good people. Besides, let's just say that all politicians were indeed evil, is telling them openly that they're the scum of the earth and that they have no human feelings going to help them turn their lives around? Most certainly not. You must win them over with love. It is right to tell them that what they are doing is wrong, but you must say it out of love and concern for the person. Fire and brimstone isn't going to win them over. Only the infinite love and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ can do this, and we must be his instruments and act how he acts.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1330828038' post='2395938']
pretty sure unless you are allergic to the latex in condoms(not all are made with latex) they are not health risk.
[/quote]

Condoms have an extremely high rate of failure. They are not 99% effective. In fact, they have a 24% failure rate. And to add to that, three out of four men that have been to sex education and have been "properly taught" how to use them still do not use them correctly, meaning there is an even higher failure right. Finally, men hate using them because they desensitize the feeling by an extravagant amount. A man's genitals are an extremely sensitive area. The specialized skin is so thin and sensitive that it is probably impossible for a woman to ever understand just how sensitive it is. A condom feels like having a really thick rubber glove on your hand because of its sensitivity. How can a man and wife truly give themselves completely to each other when a man has a safety glove on?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1330828477' post='2395944']
Condoms have an extremely high rate of failure. They are not 99% effective. In fact, they have a 24% failure rate. And to add to that, three out of four men that have been to sex education and have been "properly taught" how to use them still do not use them correctly, meaning there is an even higher failure right. Finally, men hate using them because they desensitize the feeling by an extravagant amount. A man's genitals are an extremely sensitive area. The specialized skin is so thin and sensitive that it is probably impossible for a woman to ever understand just how sensitive it is. A condom feels like having a really thick rubber glove on your hand because of its sensitivity. How can a man and wife truly give themselves completely to each other when a man has a safety glove on?
[/quote]

Um. You're wrong. On several counts here. I don't know what more to say without getting too graphic.

[/quote]

hardly relevant to the "health risk part" you were talking about, unless when condoms fail they "blow out" like a semi truck tire tread coming apart on the free way.

your other assumptions about how condoms feel are at best a generalization based on second hand knowledge, and not shared by every guy.

your 24% failure rate comment also smells very off. with proper use, over a whole year of sexual activity they have a 2% chance of failing to prevent a pregnancy. with less proper use that can drop to 15%. but that is still over an entire year.

btw, women have much more sensitive area's than men do. so im sure they understand just fine.

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1330828094' post='2395939']
I am getting sick of the negativity and cynicism going on around here. Politicians are real people with real feelings. Yes, there are many that are unfortunately immoral, but there are some that are still good people. Besides, let's just say that all politicians were indeed evil, is telling them openly that they're the scum of the earth and that they have no human feelings going to help them turn their lives around? Most certainly not. You must win them over with love. It is right to tell them that what they are doing is wrong, but you must say it out of love and concern for the person. Fire and brimstone isn't going to win them over. Only the infinite love and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ can do this, and we must be his instruments and act how he acts.
[/quote]

I remember going to a young republicans meeting at High School to hear this professor from a local university speak. Before he came to the front a local party chapter member came to the front. She was speaking about the judicial elections coming up. I happen to know the incumbent, a democrat. I went to school with his kid for 13 years, he was my middle school football coach, and was a major presence at the Church youth group. He is a profoundly decent man and a very devout Catholic. He'd give speeches that lasted for hours calling teenagers to Holiness. He was a good orator. He was orthodox to a t and was fervently pro-life. But he was a democrat. In this part of the country that designation is meaningless. He's a democrat because he's a local politician who came to his position at a time when everyone in the south was a democrat and the party of Lincoln was in disfavor. His opponent was a republican with no experience who was only a contender because his grandfather wanted his grandson to have a prestigious and was was a major donor to his campaign. He ran ads against him declaring himself a 'true Christian' (as opposed to the Papist). I'll never forget the republican functionaries words when she talked about the election, "Now, I know a lot of you know Judge B (name omitted)....but..um..we're supporting his opponent...trailing off" They had no reason to oppose Judge B. He was not an activist. He was a good judge. Had been a prosecutor. They opposed him because he had the wrong letter by his name on the ballot.

Some Politicians are decent people. But most of the political structure is composed of people like that woman. Stupid, thoughtless partisan people who would kick a decent man out of office for a win or people who are cynics and want to advance their political careers.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1330828038' post='2395938']

[/quote]

Didn't know women use condoms.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1330829646' post='2395955']
Didn't know women use condoms.
[/quote]

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom[/url]

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330829522' post='2395954']

I remember going to a young republicans meeting at High School to hear this professor from a local university speak. Before he came to the front a local party chapter member came to the front. She was speaking about the judicial elections coming up. I happen to know the incumbent, a democrat. I went to school with his kid for 13 years, he was my middle school football coach, and was a major presence at the Church youth group. He is a profoundly decent man and a very devout Catholic. He'd give speeches that lasted for hours calling teenagers to Holiness. He was a good orator. He was orthodox to a t and was fervently pro-life. But he was a democrat. In this part of the country that designation is meaningless. He's a democrat because he's a local politician who came to his position at a time when everyone in the south was a democrat and the party of Lincoln was in disfavor. His opponent was a republican with no experience who was only a contender because his grandfather wanted his grandson to have a prestigious and was was a major donor to his campaign. He ran ads against him declaring himself a 'true Christian' (as opposed to the Papist). I'll never forget the republican functionaries words when she talked about the election, "Now, I know a lot of you know Judge B (name omitted)....but..um..we're supporting his opponent...trailing off" They had no reason to oppose Judge B. He was not an activist. He was a good judge. Had been a prosecutor. They opposed him because he had the wrong letter by his name on the ballot.

Some Politicians are decent people. But most of the political structure is composed of people like that woman. Stupid, thoughtless partisan people who would kick a decent man out of office for a win or people who are cynics and want to advance their political careers.
[/quote]
I never ran for office.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1330828094' post='2395939']
[/quote]
Politicians are salesmen. In our system and in our day and age, they make their livelihoods by ensuring that they remain in office. It has nothing to do with "telling them openly that they're the scum of the earth", and everything to do with not trusting everything somebody trying to sell you something says.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330829897' post='2395961']

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_condom[/url]
[/quote]

He was referring to female condoms(that no one uses)...I doubt it.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1330830132' post='2395962']
I never ran for office.
[/quote]

I don't get your point.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1330830468' post='2395968']

I don't get your point.
[/quote]

Read your post

[/quote]

The failure rate is not nearly as high as you make it out to be, and even if condoms were 100% effective, the Catholic Church wouldn't allow them.

I think your inexperience in these matters is showing through a bit. And it's usually a mistake to assert that the opposite sex couldn't possible understand this or that feeling. Without getting graphic, a woman can understand just fine.

[quote name='MissMaro' timestamp='1330823840' post='2395886']
Just because the girl wants someone else to pay for her contraception doesn't mean she's being promiscuous. [/quote]

True, from what I've read she was talking about people she knew who found contraception to be expensive. However, the greater point is that a student at a Catholic university should not be going before congressional or party committees and publicly advocating things in public that not only are contrary to Church teaching but also advocating taking away the freedom of religion of the institution that she is attending.

Even if she is not peddling her own promiscuity, she is the one who made herself a target.

Edited by Norseman82