An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rush Limbaugh: Certified Cretin

southern california guy

Obviously, you don't listen to his show.

I've never listened to Mark Levin, but I've heard that he supported Ron Paul.  I would probably like him.

I think it depends on how you define "establishment."  Most of the hard-core conservative "tea-party" types are not happy with the McCain/Graham/Boehner wing of the party at all.  So if they are "establishment" (which I think is fair to say), then the Levin and even the Limbaugh types are probably not supportive of them. 

I quit listening to conservative talk radio when I got internet at home and was able to stay more up to speed on current events then the hosts, but before that KFI in LA was my only source of contrarian news to counterbalance NBC/CBS/ABC (this was back before everybody had cable.... I'm not even sure if Fox News was around then.)  ...KFI carried Rush Limbaugh up until this week, FYI.

I'm really not quite as old as all this makes me sound.  I started young. 

Hey look, that guy who's all about chivalry is totally cool with an extremely powerful man using his power to humiliate and shame a woman.  You're constant ability to pimp out your intellect and integrity for people who couldn't give less of a poo about you or your family never ceases to amaze me.

She already shamed herself when she publicly demanded that others be forced to finance her fornication.  Whatever Rush said is irrelevant.

Right.  That's why he's regularly on Fox and the Sean Hannity show.  Are you really this naive?  Aren't you like 40 or something?  Don't take candy from strangers.  The man with the van didn't really loose his puppy.  

The day you become capable of discourse beyond the ad hominem insult, shoot me a pm and let me know.  Until then, so long, and have a merry Christmas.

Edited by Socrates

I think it depends on how you define "establishment."  Most of the hard-core conservative "tea-party" types are not happy with the McCain/Graham/Boehner wing of the party at all.  So if they are "establishment" (which I think is fair to say), then the Levin and even the Limbaugh types are probably not supportive of them. 

"Not supportive" is putting it mildly.  Every show I've heard lately, he spends much of the time bashing McCain/Graham/Boehner & Co., for whom he says he has less respect than for Obama and the Dems (who at least are open in their leftism and willing to fight for it).  He also regularly trashes Karl Rove and a lot of the people on FOX.

The only Republicans he supports are constitutionalist Tea Partiers and similar individuals.

But if not being an anarchist in itself makes him "GOP establishment," then I suppose he's guilty as charged.

Read The Liberty Amendments.  Probably the best current political book out there.  While a lot of other conservatives complain, Mark actually proposes concrete solutions to some of our major political problems.  (Worth reading and discussing, whether you agree with him or not.)  

(Please actually read the book before criticizing.  A lot of people are quick to jump on him who don't have a clue what he actually argues and proposes.)

Edited by Socrates

She already shamed herself when she publicly demanded that others be forced to finance her fornication.  Whatever Rush said is irrelevant.

The day you become capable of discourse beyond the ad hominem insult, shoot me a pm and let me know.  Until then, so long, and have a merry Christmas.

I think I'll pass.  I don't find you to be an individual who has any interest in being intellectually honest.  Everything I've heard from you is a (low quality) regurgitation of talk radio talking points.  The fact that you seem pathologically incapable of respecting non-married women who are not virgins just makes are interactions all the more unpleasant.

And you are naive if you think Mark Levin, or anybody who makes their living in that nexus, genuinely hates the Republican establishment. 

I quit listening to conservative talk radio when I got internet at home and was able to stay more up to speed on current events then the hosts, but before that KFI in LA was my only source of contrarian news to counterbalance NBC/CBS/ABC (this was back before everybody had cable.... I'm not even sure if Fox News was around then.)  ...KFI carried Rush Limbaugh up until this week, FYI.

I'm really not quite as old as all this makes me sound.  I started young. 

Im not saying that Mark Levin doesn't say negative things about the members o the formal institutions of the GOP.  There are people on MSNBC who say negative things about the Democratic Party.  And they may genuinely think that Harry Reid should have changed the filibuster rules earlier on.  But those people are part of an industry nexus between the formal party and the various organizations that form political and economic coalitions with them.  Does Mark Levin thing John Boehner is a twit?  Maybe.  But I'm sure his agent is good buddies with one of Boehners reelection team's consultant or some similar one degree of seperation. I you catch my drift.

Obviously, you don't listen to his show.

Yeah. That's it. 

I'm one of those "neo-confederates" who reject the notion that people cannot leave the sacred holy union. Levin talks out of both sides of his mouth.

Edited by moderator: sexually explicit reference in open mic -- cmaD2006

Was that ok? It made me a little uncomfortable.

That's right, laugh at my pain, you jerk. <_<

Life is pain, highness. Anyone who tells you different is trying to sell you something.