71 replies to this topic

#1 PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

A dead body changes things.

• Church Militant
  • 13,232 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!"

Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden:

Contrast that to this:

What are your thoughts on the matter?

#2 Hubertus

Hubertus

PM Alien

• n00b
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

"He's not right, but he's right." :blink:

#3 Hasan

Hasan

I submit to no one.

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 7,612 posts
  • None of the above

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!"

Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ8rDlBZ_I&list=PL154D91F4166CCD77

Contrast that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&ob=av2e

What are your thoughts on the matter?

I guess gay males aren't men.

#4 PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

• Church Militant
  • 13,232 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

I guess gay males aren't men.

Edited.

Edited by FuturePriest387, 10 March 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#5 Hasan

Hasan

I submit to no one.

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 7,612 posts
  • None of the above

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

Katy Perry is hot.

#6 Hasan

Hasan

I submit to no one.

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 7,612 posts
  • None of the above

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Seriously? This is not what this thread is about. I understand you're in a bad mood because apparently the Catholic Church that has in fact been protective of gays has been terrible to them, but please, don't bring that into this thread.

It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be.

#7 PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

• Church Militant
  • 13,232 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:11 PM

Katy Perry is hot.

I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women.

I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.

It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be.

I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right.

#8 Hasan

Hasan

I submit to no one.

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 7,612 posts
  • None of the above

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women.

I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.

Oy vey

Posted Image

I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right.

Yeah, wrong audience. My fault.

#9 HopefulBride

HopefulBride

Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Church Postulant

• Church Militant
  • 4,051 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

CRAZY DOPE POST, YO!

Just so you know FP, no women in my circle of friends like lady gaga or K. Perry. I don't think taste in music has to do with gender but rather maturity (both spiritual and emotional)

#10 Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 8,490 posts
  • Protestant

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different."

#11 Lilllabettt

Lilllabettt

Do You Know the Muffin Man?

• Church Militant
  • 4,359 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

headline news.

#12 PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

• Church Militant
  • 13,232 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different."

The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music.

#13 mcts

mcts

I'm Tired.

• Church Militant
  • 3,896 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music.

I'm much more likely to listen to the Iron Maiden song than the Katy Perry song. For real.

#14 Lilllabettt

Lilllabettt

• Church Militant
  • 4,359 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

CRAZY DOPE POST, YO!

Stop the presses.

Jason Evert Says Men and Women Very Different in Unimportant Ways.

#15 Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

• Cordial Non-Catholic
  • 8,490 posts
  • Protestant

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:14 AM

I sincerely hope that the moment of clarity that men and women are different wasn't reached upon noting that their musical tastes was different...

#16 Ice_nine

Ice_nine

PM Pham

• Church Militant
  • 2,133 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

lulz. look these GENERALIZATIONS PROVE what we we're not generalizing

#17 Basilisa Marie

Basilisa Marie

Twitchy twitcha twitcha twitch

• Church Militant
  • 3,958 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

I'm really not a fan of Jason Evert.

#18 PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

• Church Militant
  • 13,232 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this. All I was trying to do was be funny and do something that nobody would freak out about, but all I hear is "Headline news: men and women different!" I've had enough of this behavior towards me. Will you act this way when I am a Religious or a Priest (Or possibly both)? Because if not, my ordination/final vows cannot come soon enough.

#19 Lilllabettt

Lilllabettt

• Church Militant
  • 4,359 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

CRAZY DOPE POST, YO!

Probably you should not expect being a priest/religious to get you better treatment from people. A lot of people will treat you worse.

Also, if you get to be a priest you will probably not spend much time preaching about how men and women may or may not have different tastes in music and what the meaning of that is. (Because there is none.)

My pastor gave a homily about gender differences today. It was about the different roles men and women play in the mystical body and what the meaning of that is (Because there is a lot.)

#20 Lilllabettt

Lilllabettt

• Church Militant
  • 4,359 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Another thing:
You quote Jason Evert describing little girls gasping and sighing over the Jonas Brothers.
I do not know any grown people, male or female, who behave that way.

Edited by Lilllabettt, 11 March 2012 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users