An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jason Evert On The Differences Between Men And Women Concerning Music

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!"

Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ8rDlBZ_I&list=PL154D91F4166CCD77

Contrast that to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&ob=av2e

What are your thoughts on the matter?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331441277' post='2398975']
I think he couldn't be further from the truth on it. As he says, "They are so different. There is a reason there is not equivalence of the Jonas Brothers for men. You'll never hear a man go *Effeminate voice* "Oh my gosh, Hannah Montana is coming to town! I am like, such a fan!" And then then hear the guy next to him go "Oh my gosh, like, I am too!" *Other guy gasps* "Let's be best friends forever!"

Quite frankly, he's right. I hate Lady Gaga, while just about every women I know loves her. As a man, I think there's nothing better than some Iron Maiden:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ8rDlBZ_I&list=PL154D91F4166CCD77[/media]

Contrast that to this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGJuMBdaqIw&ob=av2e[/media]

What are your thoughts on the matter?
[/quote]

I guess gay males aren't men.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442362' post='2398986']
I guess gay males aren't men.
[/quote]

Edited.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331442482' post='2398987']
Seriously? This is not what this thread is about. I understand you're in a bad mood because apparently the Catholic Church that has in fact been protective of gays has been terrible to them, but please, don't bring that into this thread.
[/quote]

It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442529' post='2398988']
Katy Perry is hot.
[/quote]

I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women.

I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1331442602' post='2398989']
It was actually a joke about how ridiculously fond of Fireworks gay men seem to be.
[/quote]

I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331442668' post='2398990']
I would also prefer it if we didn't get into the "hotness" of women.

I'm sorry if it seems like I micro-manage everything, but I have been a moderator of a Catholic chat that gets attacked everyday by trolls for too long.[/QUOTE]

Oy vey

[img]http://www.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Oy-Vey-Lego-Man.jpg[/img]

[QUOTE] I see. I wouldn't know since I don't have too many gay friends (The main one being at college too much to hang out with), but I'd be willing to bet you're right.
[/quote]

Yeah, wrong audience. My fault.

HopefulBride

Just so you know FP, no women in my circle of friends like lady gaga or K. Perry. I don't think taste in music has to do with gender but rather maturity (both spiritual and emotional)

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331441277' post='2398975']
[/quote]
Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different."

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1331473718' post='2399051']
Seems like he's been taking public speaking lessons from politicians. What the above distills to is the following: "Here is my stance on the differences in musical taste between men and women: their tastes are very different."
[/quote]

The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331477508' post='2399060']
The point was men and women are extremely different, and you can see it in their music.
[/quote]

I'm much more likely to listen to the Iron Maiden song than the Katy Perry song. For real.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1331477508' post='2399060']
[/quote]
I sincerely hope that the moment of clarity that men and women are different wasn't reached upon noting that their musical tastes was different...