Poor Clare Clothing Coming Up Sunday!

Pax_et bonum

Lil'Monster

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333510283' post='2412727']
Nuns have a lot of fun...
[/quote]

And I don't??? :sad2:

Totally Franciscan

Pax_et bonum, thanks so much for this thread; I have enjoyed it immensely. My dream was to be a Poor Clare, so seeing this woman so very happy as a Poor Clare novice warms my heart. God is so good!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333509445' post='2412717']
Do they have curling irons? Those are LOVELY curls..
[/quote]

I don't know about that but I read in 'The Right to Be Merry' that nuns who were hairdressers and beauticians before they entered would use their skills to curl the hair of the 'Bride' so they could well have.

[i]Thank you Pax-et-Bonum for sharing more photos of Sr Mary Angelique's Clothing Day. She looks so happy standing with her family.[/i]

Edited by Jennirom

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1333509043' post='2412711']
I'm glad you like the pictures. I had been wondering if people didn't really care cause it's not like most people here know her and just found it annoying that I keep posting stuff about her. On that note:
[/quote]

This is the Vocation Station, anything about nuns is good around here! We like nuns! :hehe2:

Carmelshrimp

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1333532041' post='2412788']
This is the Vocation Station, anything about nuns is good around here! We like nuns! :hehe2:
[/quote]
Couldn't agree more. If I'd ever thought for a minute that you weren't sure about posting these pics I'd've been sending you umpteen messages saying more! more! A young vocation like that is a blessing to the recipient but also a blessing to the church and now it's a blessing shared with the phatmass community. Many thanks :clapping:

Pax_et bonum

I think she's showing off her bare feet :hehe2:
[img]http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536463_390575994288757_100000090782458_1503069_524970130_n.jpg[/img]

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333510283' post='2412727']
Nuns have a lot of fun...
[/quote]
Sr. Joan: "Oh I have to head up to the convent now because I'll be late for dinner."
Me:"You have fun in the convent don't you?"
Sr. Joan: "Well, actually yes."

(A few other Sisters were hurriedly walking by, their veils flying behind them and the youngest one burst out laughing.)

Pax_et bonum

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1333565166' post='2412950']
Socks and sandals Linnie. :) LOL!
[/quote]

If for medical or other practical reasons a Poor Clare cannot go barefoot, she wears sandals. When they go outside, they wear sandals. Even when it's cold, they go barefoot inside all the time. I don't think they wear socks. I know monasteries that don't have AC, but none that I know of don't have heat.