An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

So a kid with skittles and a snapples gets followed and shot to death by some neighborhood watch guy who has called 911 about 50 times . And the cops don't administer a alcohol or drug test. They just take him on his word that he was defending himself. What more facts do you need to know ? I laugh out loud when people say racism doesn't exist in 2012. This is pure evidence right in your face. This scum killed a child who he followed. He is a coward and deserves to be sitting in jail. Then he deserves to be put to death just like he would be if Travon was white.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332563786' post='2406932']
So a kid with skittles and a snapples gets followed and shot to death by some neighborhood watch guy who has called 911 about 50 times . And the cops don't administer a alcohol or drug test. They just take him on his word that he was defending himself. What more facts do you need to know ? I laugh out loud when people say racism doesn't exist in 2012. This is pure evidence right in your face. This scum killed a child who he followed. He is a coward and deserves to be sitting in jail. Then he deserves to be put to death just like he would be if Travon was white.
[/quote]

Umm what does the white/caucasian race have to do with this case?

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1332550318' post='2406708']
He was told not to follow the kid. He outweighed the kid by at least 100 pounds. I don't care what happened. That kid was unarmed. There is no reason that this kid should be dead except that Zimmerman is a stupid floopy. I don't care if they hang his fat arse. I don't care for mob violence but there is no circumstance that I can imagine that esponges him of serious, criminal wrong doing. That boy is dead for no beaver dam good reason except that some fat, stupid floopy wanted to feel like a bad arse.

The sad thing is that this cretin may be within the law because of that stupid 'Stand your ground' law. I believe in the second Amendment and I grew up around guns. I learned to shoot a rifel when I was about 5-8. And not in a shooting range but on a back country road. Everybody in the southern half of my family own guns. I would own a gun if I lived in an unsafe area. And my family comes from a part of the south where there is little reach of law. People don't call the police. If you try to break into someone's home out in the country of Eastern North Carolina you're going to get shot, and then the police will be called. I have little problem with that culture. But that stupid law is a perfect example of what's wrong with the NRA. It is far to broad and paves the way for exactly stuff like this to happen. For some stupid floopy to chase down a unarmed teen minding his own business and then shot him when a fight ensues.
[/quote]

mhm, from what i can tell, i support the spirit of the Stand Your Ground laws, though some of them appear to have been poorly designed. Still, its a bit too far in what i consider the right direction, especially compared to the opposite sort of laws we tend to have in canada, where you are basically required to run away out of your own house, instead of defending your family. people still do defend themselves, and not go to jail for it(thank god) but it generally comes after an expensive bit of time in the court system, stacked against them.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332572364' post='2406951']
A lot. If Trayvon was white his killer would have already been arrested.
[/quote]

You don't know that as a fact. There are plenty of white men behind bars and many on death row for killing black men. However I'm going to ask the question again, what does race have to do with it rather then the Florida "stand your ground" laws. It seems that you're the one that is racist while accusing the police of being racist. When you have no evidence that it is racial.

Did you know that the shooter was not white?

Ya I know the shooter was only half white. I also know Trayvon was profiled because he was black and had a hood on. I didn't say the shooter was racist but rather the police in charge. Again a 17 year old child was murdered and had no gun on him. He was followed by some wanna be cop. If Trayvon was white his shooter would have been arrested. I'm amazed this guy can be walking around free right now. I'm not the racist. And if you don't think race had anythig to do with this case then youre naive. And also my personal opinion is that the shooter is racist. I don't care if he's half mexican. A lot of mexicans hate blacks.

Edited by Guest

So its raining out and a white blond hair blue eyed kid has his abercrombie hood up. Does he get followed and shot to death ? And let's say the shooter is black. Does he not get arrested by the police ? Are you kidding me ?

Edited by Guest

And to those who think I'm just trying to argue, you are wrong. This is how I feel 100 percent. I seen this young mans picture and it brought me to tears. This whole story is sad on so many levels.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332576985' post='2406962']
Ya I know the shooter was only half white. I also know Trayvon was profiled because he was black and had a hood on. I didn't say the shooter was racist but rather the police in charge. Again a 17 year old child was murdered and had no gun on him. He was followed by some wanna be cop. If Trayvon was white his shooter would have been arrested. I'm amazed this guy can be walking around free right now. I'm not the racist. And if you don't think race had anythig to do with this case then youre naive. And also my personal opinion is that the shooter is racist. I don't care if he's half mexican. A lot of mexicans hate blacks.
[/quote]

Why do you say that he's half white and not half hispanic? As for Trayvon being profiled because he was black and had a hoodie on, you don't have a single shred of evidence that is the case. The police cannot just go out and arrest someone because they are all emotional about it like you apparently are. If they did, they would be sued and cost tax payers millions of dollars. The bottomline is that this man did not break the law, he was immorally justified under the vague law. Race has absolutely nothing to do with it. There are black and white men that have been justified under this vague law of similar crimes.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332578012' post='2406963']
So its raining out and a white blond hair blue eyed kid has his abercrombie hood up. Does he get followed and shot to death ? And let's say the shooter is black. Does he not get arrested by the police ? Are you kidding me ?
[/quote]

In many cases white blond hair and blue eyed children have been unjustly murdered because of their nationality. Making accusations about race without evidence makes you nothing more then a racist.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332578278' post='2406964']
And to those who think I'm just trying to argue, you are wrong. This is how I feel 100 percent. I seen this young mans picture and it brought me to tears. This whole story is sad on so many levels.
[/quote]

Nobody denies that this is how you feel 100%, racism runs deep.

RezaMikhaeil

Before calling all of the police men racists, maybe it would be helpful to know... Before passage of the law, Miami police chief John F. Timoney called the law unnecessary and dangerous in that "whether it's trick-or-treaters or kids playing in the yard of someone who doesn't want them there or some drunk guy stumbling into the wrong house, you're encouraging people to possibly use deadly physical force where it shouldn't be used."

There's plenty of evidence this half white half mexican scum followed Trayvon for no reason. He told the cops it looks like he's up to no good and on drugs. The cops told him not to follow him. He did not listen. Trayvon weighed 140 pounds. This fat scum weighed 240 pounds. I cannot stand cops who are on power trips. I cannot stand even more wanna be cops who are on a power trip. It blows my mind that some people think this scum deserves to be walking around free. What if it was your kid ? This guy will get what he deserves though. Hopefully he repents before he gets what's coming to him.

Edited by Guest

And the biggest thing you keep forgetting is that this is a 17 year old KID. We are not talking about an adult here. This kid was walking home and bothering no one.

Edited by Guest