An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

fides' Jack

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334698032' post='2419768']
Hopefully FuturePriest realizes that we've all been wrong, all will be wrong again, and do not wish him anything ill. I am glad he is here, I am glad we have young people in the fold zealous for the faith, and I'm glad we have people here at Phatmass who will correct ANYONE when they are wrong (or just not exactly right, for whatever reason).
[/quote]

Good point!

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1334698090' post='2419769']
Whosoever thread dude.
[/quote]

oh my gosh. no wonder i "forgot", i was blocking it out of my memory. :P

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334676180' post='2419403']
It's funny....I was living with my girl for almost 2 years before the phishy tag was assigned to me...
[/quote]
Were posting it and saying that you didn't care?

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334698163' post='2419771']
oh my gosh. no wonder i "forgot", i was blocking it out of my memory. :P
[/quote]
Sorry :blush:

franciscanheart

For the record (emphasis mine):

"According to St. Thomas ... [b]scandal [/b]is a word or action evil in itself, which occasions another's spiritual ruin."

[url="http://newadvent.org/cathen/13506d.htm"]SOURCE[/url]

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334681864' post='2419475']
Yeah? Well, I'm part black.
[/quote]
[img]http://siyanor.com/photo/Jessica-Alba-hair-81649.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1334698277' post='2419772']

Were posting it and saying that you didn't care?
[/quote]

Can't say that I remember one way or the other. I know I've never felt the need to deny it, nor have I really ever given any sort of explanation about why we chose to move in together.

To the best of my recollection, I got the phishy tag after several threads wherein I went at it with someone--Apotheon or KoC--about homosexuality and contraception. I disagree with the general vibe of those teachings and said so. I've always felt this way about those topics, but I never really spoke out about my views.

missionseeker

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334673976' post='2419383']
I would've gone to bed if I hadn't been in debate. It's not my fault I get zealous for this sport.

Either way, I'm really tired, so this debate needs to end today. Father agrees with me and with you on some points, hooray, everybody wins.
[/quote]

because Father is the end all be all. :rolleyes: besides. If anything, Father agrees with us.
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334675825' post='2419398']
Now, now, you cannot blame my love and zeal for the sport on me. It's not my fault I love to help people understand the better part of the argument. :P

And as for self-restraint, I have been using a lot of it. You have no idea. I have wanted to do so many jokes in the past week, but I'm using self-restraint because Lil Red is smart and what she tells me makes sense.
[/quote]

Apparently no one can blame anything on you. And we're not stupid. You shouldn't even make reference to a hormone joke that you didn't make because you were wise enough not too. that's rude.
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334676651' post='2419411']
I know... Sheesh, it's like I have another mother bossing me around. :P
[/quote]

diss Cmom, and I will come after you, rage hormones and all.
[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334677353' post='2419423']
I do believe in personal responsibility, yes, but personal responsibility ends when the debate begins. I am very aggressive when debating. I am pretty good at self-restraint and being responsible, but this is different with debates. Nobody makes me do my school. I choose to do it. My parents set it up like this to see if I would make the responsible choice, and I did. I'm doing school everyday and I'm learning quickly.
[/quote]

blah blah blah you have a skewed veiw of responsibilty if YOU DON'T BE TAKE RESPONSIBILTY

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1334679905' post='2419453']
My idea of comfort is not running around in bra and panties. Also, I am one hundred percent sure that if a male friend saw me in spanx and an 18 hour bra, overwhelming feelings of sexual desire would not be the result. Shock, horror, and confusion? Probably. Once, when my brother-in-law was helping me fold laundry, he picked up my girdle and asked why I had nude running shorts. I explained it's purpose and the look on his face was one of both revulsion and illumination. After half an hour and a beer he responded, "That's why girls look different naked."
[/quote]

rotfl

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334684594' post='2419529']
Wow - this could have been a good argument, but has been hijacked to the point that now I just read some of the comments and sometimes feel like smacking FP on the back of the head and sometimes want to defend him against the ravenous wolves out there.

Seriously people - give him a break. Yes, he's misrepresenting an awful lot, but a lot of what he's saying is being taken out of context, and a lot of his jokes are being taken seriously.
[/quote]

his jokes aren't being taken too seriously. They just aren't funny

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1334693988' post='2419676']
I miss Louie.
[/quote]

who the hell is that?

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334725620' post='2420045']
Can't say that I remember one way or the other. I know I've never felt the need to deny it, nor have I really ever given any sort of explanation about why we chose to move in together.

To the best of my recollection, I got the phishy tag after several threads wherein I went at it with someone--Apotheon or KoC--about homosexuality and contraception. I disagree with the general vibe of those teachings and said so. I've always felt this way about those topics, but I never really spoke out about my views.
[/quote]

KoC, pretty sure Apotheon doesn't post any more.

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1334726413' post='2420054']
who the hell is that?
[/quote]
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/115704-do-not-support-the-whosoevers/page__st__20"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/115704-do-not-support-the-whosoevers/page__st__20[/url]