An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

Vincent Vega

Even though this be a fallacy of logic, no true Scotsman (or Irishman, if not everyone can be so lucky) would drink a margarita.
Also, I've lived with two guys, one straight and one gay, for two years, and have never seen either of them naked nor been seen naked.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642117' post='2419191']
FALSE!!!!

Wrong.

Totally, absolute, moronically WRONG!

I lived with my female best friend for several years, and I never "walked in" on her naked. Because we had doors, and if they were closed, it was customary to knock and wait for a response before entering. That's what normal people do. Guys, girls, gays, straights....

Gosh....you say some [i]really[/i] dumb stuff!
[/quote]

In your defense, I do say a lot of things I don't really mean. I just re-read my post and thought "Um... I don't think I meant [i]bound [/i]to happen, but likely..." Doors do indeed exist, and it is good to have a knock system laid out. This is simply coming out of me because in my family we never really established a "Knock before you open" rule. I just open the door and walk in my parents' room all the time, and they do the same to me. Our system of keeping people out is through the magic of door locks. Without them, I'm sure we all would have seen a lot that we didn't want to see.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642148' post='2419192']
You people are ruining my happy Irish attitude. Be a man and have a drink. :irish:

I would also note that you can't speak and drink at the same time, so for all of your sake's, throw a margarita on down this way.
[/quote]

:sigh:

You can't drink. You can't drive. You can't vote. You can't get into an R-rated movie.

Marie-Therese

Wow, 12 hours of work and this thread asploded. I approve.

I think this thread redlined at excellent when even Lil Mon is threatening to knock out teeth. I'm still crying from laughing so hard.

And ERIN!! Miss you girl! :)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642339' post='2419198']
In your defense, I do say a lot of things I don't really mean. I just re-read my post and thought "Um... I don't think I meant [i]bound [/i]to happen, but likely..." Doors do indeed exist, and it is good to have a knock system laid out. [/quote]

Dude, there is no need for a "knock system." That's just basic courtesy.

[quote]This is simply coming out of me because in my family we never really established a "Knock before you open" rule. I just open the door and walk in my parents' room all the time, and they do the same to me.
[/quote]

LOLOLOLOL....

I'm just gonna have another glass of Jameson instead of commenting on this....

PhuturePriest

From Father John Flynn:

[i]Dear Miles:

Yes, it would apply to all. As I said there could be exceptions and two people of the opposite sex can be good friends in a chaste way but living together is putting yourself in the way of temptation. [/i]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642469' post='2419202']
From Father John Flynn:

[i]Dear Miles:

Yes, it would apply to all. As I said there could be exceptions and two people of the opposite sex can be good friends in a chaste way but living together is putting yourself in the way of temptation. [/i]
[/quote]

Well, now that we have the opinion of a random priest, surely the matter is settled, right?

Vincent Vega

Fair enough. Although one can respect the opinion and person of an individual - clergy or lay - and still disagree with him. He, of course, is still fallible.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642443' post='2419201']
Dude, there is no need for a "knock system." That's just basic courtesy.

LOLOLOLOL....

I'm just gonna have another glass of Jameson instead of commenting on this....
[/quote]

Well, one would certainly have to be laid down for me. I'm not used to this complicated "knock system" everyone is so familiar with. I heard you're supposed to actually stop yourself and hit the door? Hitting the door just seems violent to me...

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1334642591' post='2419204']
Fair enough. Although one can respect the opinion and person of an individual - clergy or lay - and still disagree with him. He, of course, is still fallible.
[/quote]

Be quiet and have a drink. You're ruining it.

Cheers, folks. :cheers2:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642603' post='2419205']
Well, one would certainly have to be laid down for me. I'm not used to this complicated "knock system" everyone is so familiar with. I heard you're supposed to actually stop yourself and hit the door? Hitting the door just seems violent to me...
[/quote]

Nope. Just knock on the door and wait for a response.

Perhaps you should practice this new concept in your own life and stop walking in on your parents' room.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642661' post='2419205']
Be quiet and have a drink. You're ruining it.
[/quote]
I've got an assessment at 10:20 in the morning. I've had enough to drink if I wish to be able to sing at that hour.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642685' post='2419206']

Perhaps you should practice this new concept in your own life and stop walking in on your parents' room.
[/quote]

Why would I do this? If they need us to stay out they can just lock the door, as is sacred tradition.

Besides, when I'm at other places I knock on the door even if I can tell the light is off. I never take any chances.

MissScripture

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642685' post='2419206']

[/quote]
No kidding! I would've thought that would've lead to some uncomfortable situations, already! :blink: One place I would NEVER walk into without knocking first is a bedroom, especially that of my parents!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334642875' post='2419209']
No kidding! I would've thought that would've lead to some uncomfortable situations, already! :blink: One place I would NEVER walk into without knocking first is a bedroom, especially that of my parents!
[/quote]

I'm a brave man, I suppose. Must be the Irish blood in me. :irish: Besides, once again, we have locks. Without them, we would've had tons of uncomfortable situations. However, thankfully the Lord loves us and we have locks.

If I spam on that smiley it is because it is so amesome and I love being Irish.

Edited by FuturePriest387