An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movie Recommendations

Winchester

Let's see . . . movies old and new that I dig . . .

Liar Liar

Ace Ventura, Pet Detective

Dumb and Dumber

Me, Myself, and Irene

Big Daddy

Happy Gilmore

Billy Madison

The Waterboy

Psycho (both versions)

Saturday Night Fever

Dude, Where's My Car?

Footloose

Grease

American Grafitti

The Ring

Earthquake

The Sound of Music

While You Were Sleeping

Joyride

Shrek

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (Spanish movie)

The Flower of My Secret (another Spanish movie)

High Heels (yet another Spanish movie)

La Boum (French movie)

Pocket Change (another French movie)

Donkey Skin (yet another French movie)

There are also a couple other movies that I'll refrain from listing since they'd surely be considered offensive. Isn't it amazing how movies can be so nasty and yet so hilarious?

Edited by davejc29201

cantstopdancin9

Hasn't anyone told you people?!?! :huh: I have seen like EVERY movie ever made! lol :lol: Ask me about any movie and I'll tell ya if it's good. I've seen almost every movie out right now. I'm a real movie- goer B)

littleflower+JMJ

yup she's not lying either! she has like this gift, don't hesitate just ask her about any movie and she'll tell you!! honest!

Oops, I forgot The Nutty Professor (Parts 1 and 2) and The Blair Witch Project!

Edited by davejc29201

Dave, so glad you said Blair Witch Project. I personally hated it and have wanted to ask someone who liked it why they liked it. I left the theater feeling a bit cheated. What is it that you liked about it?

Thanks,

Carrie

Dave, so glad you said Blair Witch Project. I personally hated it and have wanted to ask someone who liked it why they liked it. I left the theater feeling a bit cheated. What is it that you liked about it?

Because it was done as though it was an actual home video, that gave the movie a more realistic feel, IMO. And for me, not being able to see just what it is that scares the students and ultimately gets them in the end made it so much creepier.

Jake Huether

Dave, so glad you said Blair Witch Project.  I personally hated it and have wanted to ask someone who liked it why they liked it.  I left the theater feeling a bit cheated.  What is it that you liked about it?

Thanks,

Carrie

Oh my gosh! My bro went and saw it when it first came out. Of course, they kept it a real big secret at the begining, so my bro thought it was real! LOL. But then he told me, and by the time I saw it I already knew it was fake. So, I didn't have the same "scare" that my bro had.

It was pretty weak.

gopherball33

the blair witch project is set in burkittsville, md, which is very close to my house. there's a guy on my baseball team at school whose dad used to be mayor of burkittsville, he may still be. i'm not sure. as for what movies i lijked: this summer: 2fast2furious, pirates of the carribean, terminator 3, tomb raider, and italian job. i saw road to perditiona on dvd and that was pretty good 2

Gosh, am I the only one that just really digs comedies? Give me a good screwball comedy anyday.

Its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World.