An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movie Recommendations

Winchester

Dogma... Provides the "don't-stay-in-church" insight that we can do with every now and then (to debunk, that is)~ Besides, it teaches about faith and learning more about our religion... guess you have to pick and choose what you wanna be influenced by...

Bless the Child... I like the little girl... she was amesome...

Dark City... existential flick... very cool..

LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Stay away from Harry Potter.... man the movies sucked! Loved the books though..)

Did anyone notice the Morpheus-Neo JohntheBaptist-Jesus parallel in the Matrix Reloaded? :ph34r:

Don John of Austria

Well i have to agree with the Bishops reviews I often want to know if they watched the same movie I did, speaking of which I loved fight Club, and I can't say enough about Gattaca.

Religious movies-- The Black Robe ( not for KIDS ) about jesuit missionarys to the Huron.

Becket, a Man for all Seasons

Not religious all the evil dead movies particularly the Army of Darkness I just made a referance to boomsticks on the word arse. the other day.

got to go more later

Yours Truly

Personnally i didn't find old school that funny. It had some funny parts but for the majority of the movie i was just waiting for the idocity (is that a real word?) to stop and the humor to start.

FINDING NEMO is funny as carp!!! Oh my freaking goodness i was dragged into that movie kicking and screaming. But i laughed my butt off. It is good for all ages. I seriously think that half of the jokes would be above little kids heads. I recommend it to anyone who isn't dead.

Oh and did anyone notice that neo was wearing a cassick the entire time in The Matrix - Reloaded?

-Yours Truly

Theologian in Training

Well i have to agree with the Bishops reviews I often want to know if they watched the same movie I did, speaking of which I loved fight Club, and I can't say enough about Gattaca.

Religious movies-- The Black Robe ( not for KIDS ) about jesuit missionarys to the Huron.

Becket, a Man for all Seasons

Not religious all the evil dead movies  particularly the Army of Darkness I just made a referance to boomsticks on the word arse. the other day.

got to go more later

Agreed. Fight Club is a good movie

As for another interesting/loosely philosophical one, I recommend the German flick, Run Lola Run...excellent movie

About Schmidt was good, not great, but worth a watch, if even once

Personally, though, I like the stupid comedies....ones that earn C's and D's by the "critics."

For example, I thought Corky Romano, Master of Disguise, and Dumb and Dumber were really funny. Really stupid, yes, but more my style of movie.

Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, and Bourne Identity our up there on the list as well

Depends on my mood mostly

Memento

Incredible movie! It took me a few minutes to realize it was going backwards. I watched it twice because the first time I was so freaked out about it going backwards I missed some details. But I got alot more out of it the second time. Highly recommended.

If you like Memento, I'd recommend seeing Pi too. Its not spelled that way...its actually the mathematical symbol, but since I don't have that on my keyboard...well you get the idea :blink:

Theo, we have the same taste in movies it seems. But you left out a few.

Tommy Boy

Black Sheep

Billy Madison

Happy Gilmor

Big Daddy

The Wedding Singer

Ace Ventura

Liar Liar

The Mask

Never Been Kissed

See Spot Run

Duce Bigalow

All of the "vacation" movies

and many, many more..........................

For a more serious tone however try;

Dances with Wolves

Thunderheart

Geronimo

A River Runs Through It

Legends of the fall

Unforgiven

Peace,

Marcus

Edited by mp15

Sorry, I just thought of one more. This one I watched just recently on DVD.

The Education of Little Tree

Very good, but sad movie. Give it a try if you can find it.

SoulMan_Mr_G

Pirates of the Carribean is a recent GOOD Movie

- I don't seem to recall any swearing

and I also recall - not being concerned that there were some members of a young audience in the theatre from the movie matter.

littleflower+JMJ

Pirates of the Carribean is a recent GOOD Movie

- I don't seem to recall any swearing

and I also recall - not being concerned that there were some members of a young audience in the theatre from the movie matter.

Mr. G are you a youth minister are something? or work with the youth?

i work with the youth and thats how i am, with movies, the radio and stuff!

lol

:lol:

The Madness of King George: about old you know who. Great acting, good story line, very funny.

Unbreakable, another great Samuel L. Jackson film. It also has Bruce Willis. from the guy who made that i see dead people movie.

How to Kill Your Neighbors Dog with Kenneth Branagh. also has the actrees who played Princess Buttercup in The Princess Bride.

:P PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: THE CURSE OF THE BLACK PEARL

My brothers dragged me to see that movie with them (hey, anything with pirates and sword fight is good enough for them!! :lol: ) and I LOVED it! It was very, very good and F.U.N.N.Y :D !!!! THe actors were very well picked out.....