An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Catholic Women Today Too Strong For The Men?

morostheos

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332848588' post='2409080']
Based solely on your posts, I would think that you have a negative view of women. How do you talk to women that you meet in real life? I hope it's not like this.
[/quote]
[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332897830' post='2409451']
Have you ever read the stuff you post? It's some of the most negative towards women that I've ever read on Phatmass. You say negative things and are bitter about women in every single thread I've read that has anything to do with dating or the relationship between men and women.
[/quote]

MS, I'm not the one who spews knee-jerk radical-feminist man-hating vitriol about men bringing abuse, unhappiness, and codependence. Something about the beam in your eye before talking about the splinter in mine?

I don't have my head up in the clouds. Let's face facts - there [b]is[/b] a lot to be bitter about in today's dating world. It was a woman - Mary Beth Bonacci - who stated that the dating pool is poisoned. Many people who have a lot of life experience have a lot of legitimate beefs about today's dating world and society. Please don't take that as "negativity toward women".

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1332905086' post='2409505']

I don't have my head up in the clouds. Let's face facts - there [b]is[/b] a lot to be bitter about in today's dating world. It was a woman - Mary Beth Bonacci - who stated that the dating pool is poisoned. Many people who have a lot of life experience have a lot of legitimate beefs about today's dating world.
[/quote]

So, how do you talk to real life women?

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332905240' post='2409506']
So, how do you talk to real life women?
[/quote]

With my mouth, like anyone else, since I don't know sign language......

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='missionseeker']
[color=#282828]Thank you. I was too... sarcastic to really get out what I meant. But you did! Once again your voice of reason is amazing. [/quote][/color]

Thanks! :)

MS, I'm not the one who spews knee-jerk radical-feminist man-hating vitriol about men bringing abuse, unhappiness, and codependence. Something about the beam in your eye before talking about the splinter in mine?

I don't have my head up in the clouds. Let's face facts - there [b]is[/b] a lot to be bitter about in today's dating world. It was a woman - Mary Beth Bonacci - who stated that the dating pool is poisoned. Many people who have a lot of life experience have a lot of legitimate beefs about today's dating world and society. Please don't take that as "negativity toward women".
[/quote]

You're right, there is definitely a lot to be bitter about in the dating world. I don't want to ever discount your life experience. But we also can't despair in how cruddy the world is.

[quote][color=#282828]With my mouth, like anyone else, since I don't know sign language...... [/color][/quote]

Sorry, I might have giggled at this. :P

Edited by Basilisa Marie

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1332905569' post='2409507']

With my mouth, like anyone else, since I don't know sign language......
[/quote]

Do you use the same tone in real life as you do here?

PhuturePriest

Strong? This depends on the personality of the woman. To be honest, if I were looking into marriage I wouldn't be looking for a girl that would boss me around all of the time. I should be expected to take care of her needs without her telling me to do them. This is simply the way I was raised. Some men aren't very strong and don't take charge, so sometimes a woman to play this part balances it out. For me, I'm too strong and take charge too much to deal with this. Then again, I am not looking nor do I plan to look, so this is simply my humble opinion on the matter that I don't hold too dearly. It's probably flawed somewhere, as I don't have much experience with the dating world anyway.

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1332905857' post='2409508']
[/color]

Thanks! :)

You're right, there is definitely a lot to be bitter about in the dating world. I don't want to ever discount your life experience. But we also can't despair in how cruddy the world is.

Sorry, I might have giggled at this. :P
[/quote]

Thanks for the understanding post.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332906785' post='2409519']
Do you use the same tone in real life as you do here?
[/quote]

I know it may have come off as snarky, but you are asking me an open-ended question requesting me to communicate on an internet forum the totality of not just words, but also body language, volume and tone of voice, environment, context, etc. That is something that can only be done in person.

Although I will say that in real life I have found myself biting my tongue.

missionseeker

[/quote]

Actually none of what I said is "knee-jerk radical-feminist man-hating vitriol about men bringing abuse, unhappiness, and codependence" You definitely are not reading it correctly. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said that I hate feminist BS...

But I did say that women should not base how they value themselves on whether or not they have a significant other. Because THAT leads to codependence, unhappiness, and abuse (not that women cause it to happen to them, they don't deal with it well when it does happen, hence it continues). A key element in any human being's ability to a) love God and b) love others and c) be happy is their ability to love themselves. If they cannot see themselves as loveable and having intrinsic value solely because God made them who they are, then there is a major problem.

Unfortunately, many times people can only think of their worth in terms of what other people think of them. ESPECIALLY women. When you said
[quote][color=#282828]The real question is whether the "strong" women who "have it all together" are even interested in geting married due to buying in to the whole "independent", "you don't need a man" philosophy that has poisoned our culture since the 1970s. [/color][/quote]

your quotation marks add (what I and others, I'm sure have perceived as) sarcasm and bitterness towards women who don't think they need a man to be valued as an individual human being. Which is chauvinistic croutons, and theologically unsound. A woman does not need a man. That has not poisoned our culture. The idea that a person should be able to do anything that he or she wants to do without having any consequences has poisoned it.

Sometimes, sure I can be bitter towards men, but I am honestly not being bitter in anything I've written. I've been extremely snarky, but not bitter.

I, too, have been frustrated with "the dating pool". I've dealt with guys who say they respect you and then don't, guys who try to, but just are too indoctrinated with the idea that he's "a guy" and just can't help his urges, guys whose favorite ways to get your attention (in a random store or somewhere. guys I don't even know) are to stare, honk, gawk, whistle, slap your arse, try and touch your face, legs, chest, hair, etc. But I don't blame men. And you do blame women. So there's no beam/splinter thing going on here. Sorry.

This cracked article hits probably everything that will be discussed in this thread: [url="http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html"] 5 ways modern men are trained to hate women[/url] :(

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1332910499' post='2409540']
Although I will say that in real life I have found myself biting my tongue.
[/quote]

I bet you'd have better luck if you change your attitude. Be the kind of man that your future wife deserves. Pray for her. Faith, hope, charity.

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1332931567' post='2409590']
This cracked article hits probably everything that will be discussed in this thread: [url="http://www.cracked.com/article_19785_5-ways-modern-men-are-trained-to-hate-women.html"] 5 ways modern men are trained to hate women[/url] :(
[/quote]

I saw that. David Wong, he knows things. Sometimes. :) John C.heese does, too.

eta: cursed fiddler. :P

Edited by Basilisa Marie

franciscanheart

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1332882638' post='2409334']
Very true! :) And men are also called to help their future spouse towards sainthood also.
[/quote]
Precisely why I said "we". :)

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1332890997' post='2409384']
Now I'm even more confused...

Saying I don't find strong women intimidating but instead struggle with overcoming my own inhibition isn't honest?
[/quote]
:huh: What'd I miss?

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1332940670' post='2409621']
I saw that. David Wong, he knows things. Sometimes. :) John C.heese does, too.

eta: cursed fiddler. :P
[/quote]
Oh i c what u did there, he almost became John coagulated milk! Well according to that article, it's been a long time since he was a woman, so he should know things. :P
[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1332941386' post='2409627']
i :love: cracked. so spot on sometimes.
[/quote]
Amen. Though sad I'd think of Phatmass reading Cracked..
[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1332946093' post='2409648']
Precisely why I said "we". :)

[/quote]
Doh! May I call mulligan based on illness? :P

Missionseeker... just so you know... women do need men if their vocation is to marriage and then plan on fulfilling it. They have no other way to fulfill it than by marrying a man.