An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Catholic Women Today Too Strong For The Men?

morostheos

missionseeker

[quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1332958560' post='2409720']
Missionseeker... just so you know... women do need men if their vocation is to marriage and then plan on fulfilling it. They have no other way to fulfill it than by marrying a man.
[/quote]

:o

I really had no Idea. Who would have ever guessed that?

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1332958986' post='2409724']
:o

I really had no Idea. Who would have ever guessed that?
[/quote]

I know right?!

I don't see anything chauvenistic or wrong with any of norseman's posts in this thread. I'm also glad that I'm not trying to find a spouse in modern secular society. I was fortunate enough to have a devout Catholic university full of like minded Catholics as "my pond of fish" and never had to go fishing in the sea.

Go fishing for a spouse in secular society now and most of your catches will be metaphorical double ugly's (a type of very gross fish for those who don't know). That goes both ways too, good luck to both the men and women.

I think I killed the fish and sea analogy :|

Edited by Slappo

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1332890997' post='2409384']
Saying I don't find strong women intimidating but instead struggle with overcoming my own inhibition isn't honest?
[/quote]
funny, i read that as she was calling me a liar who finally told the truth. So many different interpretations..

• 5 years later...
CatholicHeart

Finally! Someone understands my frustration! I myself am a strong Catholic young lady, and I find problems not only with guys in the church, but out of it. For instance, I have run into Catholic men that believe same sex marriage is okay, but I have very strong opinions against it. At the same time there are guys out side of the church that obviously believe it is okay as well. I'm strong in my faith and definitely let a guy know when he's interested that there are certain things I won't do until marriage. Some Catholic and many non-Catholic guys have left after hearing that. My frustration is that I can't find someone strong enough in their faith that's not thinking of becoming a priest! Where are the practicing Catholics? I came from a Catholic school and most of the students didn't practice. At the same time, I don't think families are having the same talks about faith and theology that my mother has with me.

I know what I want in my future and am working towards my goals, however it is very difficult to find a man not intimidated by that. Many of the guys in my classes have told me to ask men out myself, but I was raised knowing that that is not lady like. It can be tempting sometimes though... I feel hopeless and though I have been praying, it's frustrating when men are to shy to ask you out or get to know you. I 't understand why many are trying to turn the tables and have the women ask men.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye
On 26/03/2012 at 1:11 PM, arfink said:

I reread the OP and noticed this line:

Guys, are you intimidated by women who "have it together"? Do you know of any ways us ladies can be less intimidating while still being true to ourselves?

Hrm, am I intimidated. I can't say I am by the woman "having it together." I think it's less about intimidation and more about personal inhibition. As in, "I (the man) can't ask a woman out because I would have to fix 'xyz' before marriage anyway, so I have to put it off."

Nice one arf totaly true. The whole pressure of being the perfect catch and low self esteem comparing ourselves to fantasy characters that don't exist and thinking the fantasy character is what women want, and by the way the top 40 is just a 4min fantasy. Don't believe the hype. Plus many lies float around about marriage, just because that's there marriage doesn't mean it has to be yours.

6 hours ago, CatholicHeart said:

Finally! Someone understands my frustration! I myself am a strong Catholic young lady, and I find problems not only with guys in the church, but out of it. For instance, I have run into Catholic men that believe same sex marriage is okay, but I have very strong opinions against it. At the same time there are guys out side of the church that obviously believe it is okay as well. I'm strong in my faith and definitely let a guy know when he's interested that there are certain things I won't do until marriage. Some Catholic and many non-Catholic guys have left after hearing that. My frustration is that I can't find someone strong enough in their faith that's not thinking of becoming a priest! Where are the practicing Catholics? I came from a Catholic school and most of the students didn't practice. At the same time, I don't think families are having the same talks about faith and theology that my mother has with me.

I know what I want in my future and am working towards my goals, however it is very difficult to find a man not intimidated by that. Many of the guys in my classes have told me to ask men out myself, but I was raised knowing that that is not lady like. It can be tempting sometimes though... I feel hopeless and though I have been praying, it's frustrating when men are to shy to ask you out or get to know you. I 't understand why many are trying to turn the tables and have the women ask men.

The morals good, but I don't think it matters who asks who, perhaps all the good catholics are shy and hiding from heretics.

18 hours ago, CatholicHeart said:

I'm strong in my faith and definitely let a guy know when he's interested that there are certain things I won't do until marriage. Some Catholic and many non-Catholic guys have left after hearing that.

Sounds like you dodged a lot of bullets! I've lived in a number of different places. Some had a sizeable community of orthodox marriageable Catholics both male and female, and so it was a lot easier to find potential spouses. Other places it was much harder to find any kind of community at all and thus harder to find nice Catholics to date.

I think all Catholic churches, if it's feasible, need to put on a coffee hour after Sunday Mass, if for no other reason than to give Catholic singles a little help. :P

My frustration is that I can't find someone strong enough in their faith that's not thinking of becoming a priest!

I get you. I left my girlfriend to discern the religious life. :whistle:Heehee. Marriage is definitely not on my mind or in my plans in any way at this point, but if I don't ultimately become a religious or a priest I'll go marry the croutons out of some nice Catholic girl!

I wish you all the best!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Sorry for dropping the h word but I assume you believe those that believe in gay marriage are,coz if not you would have plenty of choice according to your calculations that most you have met agree with gay marriage.