An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

homeschoolmom

Ah... colored toilet paper... Nothing shows the world that you are a happy homemaker like having color coordinated toilet paper.

d31ed48d38897d11671dd6d57143bf73.jpg

except a toilet paper cozy:

Crocheted-Toilet-Paper-Cover1.jpg

Oh you have made my day with these!!!!!   Just what we need to counter the crazy B16 grumpies!!!!    I remember having an actual kit of erasers like that, eraser pencils, white out, etc. to take from temp job to temp job... OH yes!!!!!

And I was thinking of these today.... do you remember this style of correcting typewriter?  Pop out the ink cartridge and in the 'white over' cartridge?

il_570xN.255554898.jpg

$T2eC16RHJGQE9noM,BLEBQ+0o3tuMw~~60_35.J

Edited by AnneLine

homeschoolmom

Oh you have made my day with these!!!!!   Just what we need to counter the crazy B16 grumpies!!!!    I remember having an actual kit of erasers like that, eraser pencils, white out, etc. to take from temp job to temp job... OH yes!!!!!

And I was thinking of these today.... do you remember this style of correcting typewriter?  Pop out the ink cartridge and in the 'white over' cartridge?

il_570xN.255554898.jpg

$T2eC16RHJGQE9noM,BLEBQ+0o3tuMw~~60_35.J

HSdad had one like that. I had one with a back button that automatically erased mistakes without having to change the ribbon. ;)

HSdad had one like that. I had one with a back button that automatically erased mistakes without having to change the ribbon. ;)

Exactly the same in this house...  M. had the one with the danged cartridge.... I remember that pull in/out cartridge from doing papers for him..... but I loved the correcting selectrics and I just used the one from work.... As my mom put it, those things were like fine race horses... just felt right under the fingers....

Correcting Selectric II was wonderful........  erased, dual pitch (10 AND 12!),had the  the little bar thingy on the right side so you could insert a letter or make a combo leter ('encyclopaedia' with the ae combined....) and you could get them in COLORS.   I always loved the RED one but usually had to live with the ugly 'putty' or black ones. 

What is NOT to like about that? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF1RiTyCeUQ&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Favorite lunch-time trick was to replace the 'ball' with the 'Japanese character' ball... and see how long it took for somebody to realize they had a page of gibberish.... fun times!

AND... I found a video of a BIBLICAL typist... using the 'seek and ye shall find' method rather than  touch typing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcg_fP8fAM

Check this blog entry out....  

"I’ve decided that’s one way to group people–you’ve either used an IBM Correcting Selectric or you haven’t. If you have, you will recall that in the 1960s and 1970s, it was considered the most spectacular item ever introduced into an office. The Selectric II is the one most of us remember as being so phenomenal: The elements–the font balls that could be removed and replaced with different text size and ibm-selectric-fonts.thumbnail.jpgstyle–were easy to use and so much fun, I found reasons to bold and italicize words, and go from 10 pitch to 12 pitch. .... "

full link below:

http://tinalewisrowe.com/2008/02/13/ibm-correcting-selectric/