An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

homeschoolmom

hsmom, I think this is what you were describing earlier. Me and my brothers played this a lot.

il_fullxfull.340406408.jpg

YES!!! THAT'S IT!! Thank you!!! It was starting to drive me crazy.....

This is from the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970.

042108earthday1970.jpg

20100421_earthday1970_33.jpg

EARTHDAY.jpg earth-day-evolve-2.jpg

rock-band_4484_600x450.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if these events are made up just as a mechanism to bust out a concert.

homeschoolmom

This is from the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970.

Sometimes I wonder if these events are made up just as a mechanism to bust out a concert.

:lol:

earth-shoes-e1274510799799.jpg

Anybody remember Peter Jenkins "A Walk Across America"   Really was an excellent book... re-read it a short while ago.  

LOTS of interesting, thoughtful stuff in there....

51xZ6OZzI2L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Walk_Across_America

"A Walk Across America is the first book written by travel author Peter Jenkins.

"Written in 1979, it depicts his journey from Alfred, New York to New Orleans, Louisiana. His second book, A Walk Across America: The Walk West tells of the second half of his trip.

"Peter Jenkins begins his trip because he has a jaded view of America after the time of the Vietnam War; its realities and the viewpoint that the American dream is not really real any more. He wants to learn the truth about his country and its people. Along his journey, he and his dog Cooper meet the common American of the towns and regions he travels through and stops to visit and work in.  ..."