An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

homeschoolmom

I finally found what I had as a boy. I had this exact tool chest. All I see missing is the hammer.

il_570xN.369014527_m5pe.jpg

Maybe that's the one my husband got-- after his mother took the hammer because he smacked her in the knee with it. ;) It looks really cool, though.

My brother had a chemistry set like this and the microscope, too. (I still have the microscope.)

FEATURE-chem-sets-300_tcm18-107692.jpg

My dad was a chemist, so, of course my brother had a chemistry set. I never did, though... I think my dad had to bring things home from work for it, though, because chemistry sets were getting pretty "safe" by the 70s.

My kids do, though... and a newer microscope!

Maybe that's the one my husband got-- after his mother took the hammer because he smacked her in the knee with it. ;) It looks really cool, though.

My brother had a chemistry set like this and the microscope, too. (I still have the microscope.)

FEATURE-chem-sets-300_tcm18-107692.jpg

My dad was a chemist, so, of course my brother had a chemistry set. I never did, though...

My kids do, though... and a newer microscope!

Sweet chem set. I never got one :(  My boys will be getting a chem set. Of course my daughter(s) won't b/c girls can't do science. They'll have the play kitchen, vacuum cleaner, ironing board and other girl stuff.  j/k of course.

Edited by Papist

homeschoolmom

Sweet chem set. I never got one :(  My boys will be getting a chem set. Of course my daughter(s) won't b/c girls can't do science. They'll have the play kitchen, vacuum cleaner, ironing board and other girl stuff.  j/k of course.

Ta-da!!!

http://pzrservices.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451ccbc69e20105365bf4be970c-400wi <-- I can't post the image. It's not a jpg.

homeschoolmom

Remember those t-shirt shops at the mall that did iron-on t-shirts? They were everywhere and had that weird ironing smell... The wall was covered with samples like this:

And you'd pick out the shirt and they'd make it for you... Very cool. <Sigh>

19653L.jpg

yimAiy5.png

haha... thanks. :)

Seems like every mall had one of these, too.

HickoryFarms.jpg

homeschoolmom

Now there are only the Hickory Farms kiosks in the mall at Christmas time.

Not the same... :sad2:

8456975696_856c0a12c5_z.jpg

The mall used to smell like Wicks N Sticks, the iron-on t-shirt place and Hickory Farms...

Now it smells like...well... a gigantic food court and Bath & Body Works

Not that I ever go to the mall... I hate the mall....

Not the same... :sad2:

8456975696_856c0a12c5_z.jpg

The mall used to smell like Wicks N Sticks, the iron-on t-shirt place and Hickory Farms...

Now it smells like...well... a gigantic food court and Bath & Body Works

Not that I ever go to the mall... I hate the mall....

I typically go to the mall to eat.

homeschoolmom

Our local mall is so oddly contructed that nothing is easy to get to-- especially the food court. And going from one level to the next is a nightmare. Our next closest mall-- The Mall of America-- is only fun when out-of-towners are visiting. (It's actually easier to navigate than our local mall.)

I visited good friend mine in Hutchinson, MN. He was a youth minister there for about 5 years. One of my visits we took a road trip to MoA. What a mad house. Loved Legoland. His son asked me and my wife to be is sponsor(knda like godparents) for First Holy Communion (this is a Hispanic tradition). It was late May and we drove to the Church in a blizzard.

homeschoolmom

I visited good friend mine in Hutchinson, MN. He was a youth minister there for about 5 years. One of my visits we took a road trip to MoA. What a mad house. Loved Legoland. His son asked me and my wife to be is sponsor(knda like godparents) for First Holy Communion (this is a Hispanic tradition). It was late May and we drove to the Church in a blizzard.

Welcome to Minnesota. :| Two of my three children had their First Communions on May 1. And it snowed on both of them. I have lovely pictures of my daughter in her dress dancing in the snowflakes as they fall... very weird. (Though a blizzard in late May? That's a little weird-- crazy Hutchinson!)

Welcome to Minnesota. :| Two of my three children had their First Communions on May 1. And it snowed on both of them. I have lovely pictures of my daughter in her dress dancing in the snowflakes as they fall... very weird. (Though a blizzard in late May? That's a little weird-- crazy Hutchinson!)

Well....perhaps my blizzard may be different than yours, but it was coming down pretty hard. 

homeschoolmom

Well....perhaps my blizzard may be different than yours, but it was coming down pretty hard. 

I believe it.