An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baseball Talk

Beati Pacifici

Beati Pacifici

Anyone here like Baseball?

I'm a Braves fan and we're starting off so-so. There is a lot to improve on though.

dominicansoul

Rangers!

But I also like the boston red sox...

Fenway Park turns 100 this year!!! On April 20th, 1912, the Red sox played the inaugural game against their #1 rivals, the Highlanders (the NY Yankees, as they were known then...) and beat them! And guess what? tomorrow they two teams meet again, to celebrate that inaugural game!

I wish I could be there!!

[img]http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/assets_c/2012/04/Fenway%20100%20Getty%20Photo-thumb-600x400-69853.jpg[/img]

Only [i][b]BAD[/b][/i] Catholics like baseball.

[size=2]And if you like the Braves, you're among the [i][b]worst[/b][/i]! [/size]

[quote name='Beati Pacifici' timestamp='1334890326' post='2421101']
Anyone here like Baseball?

I'm a Braves fan and we're starting off so-so. There is a lot to improve on though.
[/quote]

You are in for a loooooooooooong year

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

i like baseball too. I don't have a team though and i used to play tee-ball when i woz a little tacker. I did a backflip catch @ the t-ball galah day,well not quite a backflip but more like launched myself backwards and landed flat on my back. I lay on the ground stunned that i had just done that and missed the double play :(

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

My Grandfather was drafted to pitch for the St. Louis Cardinals, he never did cuzza his knees. My fave baseball team is The Humble Hackers... That would be my fantasy team. And the Boston Red Sox... And whoever beats the Yankees... And whoever beats the Rays... I have been doing Fantasy Baseball and Football (American football my fave sport evver) since 2009 and haven't even made the playoffs in fantasy Baseball since 09. I've been in the luxury box at fenway in 2002 when they played the Jays and we didn't pay a dime for it we had friends that won the lottery and we happened to bought tix that day right behind Pesky's pole so they invited us up. It was amesome!!!!! I also was close enough to reach out and touch whoever was on deck for the Sox in a Yanks Sox game in 2000. Pedro v. Clemens. We also saw a couple games at the Rogers Centre which then was known as the Skydome. That was Bronson Arroyo's first game started and Kevin Youkilis' big league debut. He hit one out but had a huge error lol. I also got Doug Mirabelli's autograph and Lenny Dinardo's that day. I did well and enjoyed playing baseball growing up and am about to start a third season of coed slow pitch softball. I play any where but pitcher. I perdict the Red Sox will not make th playoff this year. The AL playoff pick'll prolly look like: Divisions NYY, DET, TEX, Wilicards: TB LAA. My dad and I are seriously looking into getting a local cheap motel room for Tuesday July 10th... which I shouldn't have to inform you is the all star game. We don't have cable. Watching a game at the local haunted bar I work at is no fun, and if word got out I went to another bar I could lose my job. Anyways lets hope for a clean healthy season! And I heard my dad say All star Balloting starts today. So thats where I'm headed next.

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1334894243' post='2421145']
Only [i][b]BAD[/b][/i] Catholics like baseball.

[size=2]And if you like the Braves, you're among the [i][b]worst[/b][/i]! [/size]
[/quote]

Soccer is evil, baseball is therapeutic and good. It has brought America through hardships

I love my Twins. And when they are not playing well, I watch the 87 and 91 world series on dvd!

Last year I wore out the 87 series....

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1334969334' post='2421480']
I love my Twins. And when they are not playing well, I watch the 87 and 91 world series on dvd!

Last year I wore out the 87 series....
[/quote]

I've never been a Twins fan, but I was always a fan of Kirby Puckett.

dominicansoul

This ball is 100 years old! :o

[img]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120419102715-fenway-7-horizontal-gallery.jpg[/img]

cooolness...

Edited by dominicansoul