An Old School Catholic Message Board

Baby Hammer

Carrie

Ok, I was too lazy to look for the other thread, so I started a new one.

Az, how is the baby hammer? Keep us updated!

Oh, if you plan on nursing, I have a good book about it lying around if you want me to send it to you. It'll be a LONG time before I ever need it! :D

Carrie you are just too precious.

Baby Hammer is doing fine at the moment. I have a genetic counseling session with the doct to go over my first ultrasound results on Friday, because of the stupid test that came back high. The ultrasound folks did say the measurements indicated that Baby Hammer is due on Jan 4, not 10th. So, hopefully that explains the skewed test results.

My second ultrasound is next Tuesday, and hopefully Baby Hammer will give us a clue as to whether to paint pink or blue.

:P

Thanks again Kiddo, and that nursing book sounds too cool. If your email is on your profile, I'll email you my address.

i don't think my email is listed, so i'll email you my email address.

I'm glad everything seems to be going good!

How exciting to find out if the baby will be a boy or girl!! Any names in mind yet?

Edited by Carrie

Kilroy the Ninja

Just remember genetic counselling session often equals "we're here to give you all the reasons you might want to abort"...

Were you informed as to what would be discussed in this "session"? If so, I'm curious to know what the doctor told you (not knocking your doc, just curious). Unless you don't feel like talking about it, and that's ok! :)

IcePrincessKRS

I'll be praying for you and Baby Hammer when you go to your appointments. :)

Also, I found that with nursing, in the first week or so to deal with the discomfort Lansinoh lanolin cream works wonders. As soon as I started using it I began to notice a definate improvement.

Thanks guys!

Carrie - Yes got your email, responding now.

Kilroy - No specifics, except that they will discuss the previous ultrasound and go over any abnormal findings. And, yeah, I know what some docts use these sessions for, I'll cross fingers that he doesn't launch into that spiel.

Katie - Where do you find that lotion?

Az, she's right. The Lanolin is amesome! Not every nursing mom will need it, but if you get irritated, it's a life-saver and you can basically find it anywhere. Even in places like Toys R Us.

Also, a nursing mom's best friend when she absolutely needs to use a bottle are the Avent Bottles. They are shaped more like a nipple and the baby will have no problems switching from the breast to the bottle. If you pump milk and freeze it (good for up to 3 months), then you can pop your breast milk in the bottle and your hubby can have some bonding time too (and not ever have to give formula). It's a great system.

I got your e-mail. I'll send the book out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info guys. The lanolin sounds amesome, and I heard of the Avent bottles, thanks for reminding me! I'll check out the links Katie.

I promise to update you guys on the progress of Baby Hammer!

Thanks again!

littleflower+JMJ

i can't wait for baby hammer to get here AZ! i'm sooo excited!!!

whoo hoo! i'm praying for your baby hammer!

:D baby hammer's aunt is gettting impatient! LOL

:D :D :D

Kilroy the Ninja

You can usually get lanoline creams at Target and Walmart too... and definately check out Avent! I loved their whole system (still using them!)