An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346888932' post='2479112']
..your rosary should not get confiscated, but just to be safe, you may put it in your pocket or around your neck or wrist (I know some disagree with this but it would only be while walking through security). They cannot confiscate your jewelry, I don't think. This is only a guess, though.[/quote]

WHOOPS. I forgot to mention that you'd have to take the rosary off before walking through the scanner, but you could put it in one of those wallet/jewelry/coin bowls they provide.

Thank you VSers. My oversight might have made that a pretty awkward trip for AveMariaPurissima! :like:

Edit: I wonder if Ave has already typed her last post? This is sad, but also very joyous! Is there an emoticon for conflicted or ambiguous state of emotions?!

Edited by emmaberry

About statues -

I have found the fastest way to get them through is to have them held free like a second carry on. Then - simply to put it through the scanner unwrapped. They will want to run a substance test on it anyway.

I've[u] never [/u]had someone at the airport try to tell me that purse + statue + carry-on = 3 carry-ons and therefore too many. I've traveled a lot. :) (and recently)

God bless you, Ave!!!!! :nun1: Maybe you won't be able to check this, but in case you do (via phone, etc.) I will remember you in prayer and ask Sr. Angela in the Rockford PCCs to pray for you too!

• 7 months later...
Chiquitunga

Well, tomorrow, veeeerrrryyy early in the morning, my Dad and I are flying to San Diego. Then the Sisters are going to pick us up from the airport and take us across the border. Today has been a very emotional day! I've never flown before, so I'm rather stressed out about that. Plus leaving my parents, my home, my family and friends, my parish and our priests, is really hard, esp. because I'm going to be so far away. I know, though, that with God's grace everything is going to be OK.
Thank you, Pham, for all your prayers and support. I know I wasn't the most active of users, but I enjoyed my time here. :) I will be praying for y'all, and I ask for your continued prayers for me, the other girls who are entering Saturday (there are 5 of us all together), and for my parents, esp. my Mom. Thanks, and may God bless you! I'm looking forward to meeting you in eternity, if not sooner! (You're always welcome to come visit any of our monasteries!)

A couple last minute questions:
-Can I get a religious tag?
-Does anyone know if I can take a chain Rosary with my carryon? Someone very special just gave it to me and I would be extremely upset if it were to get confiscated.

Aww, one of her last questions was if she could get a religious tag. Could she get one? I think a few other PMers who entered got a religious tag right away after they entered but not others. It's probably hard to keep track of course. I think the others were those who posted a lot in Open Mic, etc. too like Deus_te_Amat who entered about the same time as Ave and is also still a postulant. I think faithcecelia got a tag right after she entered too.

Edited by Chiquitunga