An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ave's Countdown And Musings

AveMariaPurissima

dymphnamaria

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336943928' post='2430274']
By popular demand ;), here's the list:

-4 volume Liturgy of the Hours in English, Spanish, and Latin. (Sister told me not to worry to much if I can't find the Latin, since the Sisters have some extras)
-Black shoes
-Black sandals
-Black knee socks (3 pairs lightweight for summer; 3 pairs heavyweight for winter)
-6 pairs underwear
-6 bras
-Black cardigan sweater with buttons
-Sleeping bag
-Pillow and pillow case
-2 sets of white sheets
-2 beige blankets
-6 bath towels
-6 hand towels
-Black winter jacket
-3 sets of thermal underwear
-10 meters white cotton to make nightgown
-Bible
-Braces and glasses, if needed

This is what Sister told me over the phone. She also e-mailed me a copy of the list in Spanish which additionally mentions:
-6 meters black wool (to make cape)
-"10 metros de lino panamá blanco" (I'm not sure exactly what that means, so if someone who knows more Spanish than I do can help...)
[/quote]

is the candidate the one to provide all these things before you can join them? :think: :smile4:

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='dymphnamaria' timestamp='1344104254' post='2462703']
is the candidate the one to provide all these things before you can join them? :think: :smile4:
[/quote]
Yes, as far as I know. However, if someone was unable to provide some items, I doubt that would be an obstacle to entrance, especially since a lot of girls who join them come from poor families.
Welcome to PM, by the way! :)
~~~
Tomorrow I leave to spend 2 weeks with my Sisters! :) Please pray for me! Oh, and 35 more days!!! :)

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1344108971' post='2462725']
Tomorrow I leave to spend 2 weeks with my Sisters! :) Please pray for me! Oh, and 35 more days!!! :)
[/quote]

How exciting! You will only have a couple more weeks then of the 'same old' when you are back. The time will just fly by!

Edited by emmaberry

dymphnamaria

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1344108971' post='2462725']
Yes, as far as I know. However, if someone was unable to provide some items, I doubt that would be an obstacle to entrance, especially since a lot of girls who join them come from poor families.
Welcome to PM, by the way! :)
~~~
[/quote]

Oh i see.. I just get attracted with those sisters because they have similar habit with the Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate..

Thank you for welcoming me..:)

My prayers are with you as you are going to live your life with them..

• 3 weeks later...
AveMariaPurissima

I'm back! Thanks so much for all the prayers.
I do plan to make a post about my stay, but I keep not having time....For now I might just have to settle for bumping the post so that I can find it more easily.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to write the post. I can't exactly give a play-by-play description of two weeks! I'll try to post some highlights, though! :)

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1345756950' post='2472973']
I'm back! Thanks so much for all the prayers.
I do plan to make a post about my stay, but I keep not having time....For now I might just have to settle for bumping the post so that I can find it more easily.
To be honest, I'm not quite sure how to write the post. I can't exactly give a play-by-play description of two weeks! I'll try to post some highlights, though! :)
[/quote]

Please do!

Edit: You must be SO busy! Only about 2 weeks left...

Edited by emmaberry

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1346362285' post='2476412']
Oh my goodness.

In a couple days you will only have one week left.

CRAZY!
[/quote]
Tell me about it!
[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1346366175' post='2476441']
I was looking on my calendar and realized your entrance is coming up really quickly! Prayers for you!
[/quote]
Thank you so much!
~~~~
Okay, so since a post about my 2-week stay is WAY overdue, I'm going to try to write it now. (I really haven't had much time to spend on PM lately)
This will probably end up more being a bullet-point list...
-Mother Lillie came!!!! It was so great to see her again! She came a few days after I did.
-I have my aspirant/postulant jumpers!! For the feast of the Assumption, Our Mother even let me wear the whole outfit! It was sooo razzle dazzle!
-I already mentioned this on the "What do you want your religious name to be?" thread, but Our Mother has already decided on a religious name for me!
-The Sisters and I watched [i]For Greater Glory[/i]. amesome movie -- ¡Viva Cristo Rey!
-Shortly after she got there, our Mother decided that we would spend a week in retreat, which turned out to be really nice.
-I ended up spending a lot of time with the two novices who are there, and they are both awe.some. Just wanted to be sure to mention that. One of them, Sr. Rita, will God-willing be making her profession soon, so please keep her in your prayers! :)
-For once while I was there, I actually got to use some Spanish! The Sisters talk a lot in Spanish, but it seems like all the other times I've been there, they've told me, "just speak English." But this time, the novices very much encouraged me to use the Spanish I know -- they'd answer my questions, teach me new words, and occasionally, even speak to me a little in Spanish. (Both of them (the novices) are American, so they speak fluent English, as well as Spanish.)
Other than that...I pretty much just followed the schedule and did what the Sisters did. I cleaned the bathrooms and the showers, and helped with various random other things around the house. There's also another house on the property too, and we have to keep that one clean. (It's the house of the priest who used to own the land that the Sisters are on.) Oh, and we did a lot of weeding. I think that now I at least sort of understand how to wash things by hand. In Tecate, we wash all the clothes and things by hand; in Michigan, we do have a washer and dryer, but smaller things, like cleaning rags, get washed by hand. The day before I left, they made me wash by hand all the clothes I had brought so that I could learn how to do it. It'll still take some getting used to, though, once I get to Tecate.
And of course, there was a lot of praying. I really miss being able to spend so much time in Adoration! Actually, I miss the whole routine of being at the convent!
In less than a week (it was a week yesterday) I'll be leaving, and then a week from tomorrow I enter. :)

Mary's Margaret

AMP, that sounds absolutely lovely. I love how the novices sort of took you 'under their wing' and were so encouraging. Prayers for you through this week of preparation, and especially on your day of entrance.

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1346431187' post='2476733']
AMP, that sounds absolutely lovely. I love how the novices sort of took you 'under their wing' and were so encouraging. Prayers for you through this week of preparation, and especially on your day of entrance.
[/quote]
Thank you so much! :)
It's so weird to think that I'm leaving so soon -- the reality of how much I'm going to miss my family, friends, and home life is starting to set in. I'm still really excited about entering, though! God is so good!