An Old School Catholic Message Board

Google+ Hangout Tonight!

arfink

Get in on the action! My Google+ ID: Anthony Fink.

Add your Google+ name here, I'll invite you to the hangout!

Alright, I'll shoot for a weekend time next. Last night was totally a completely random last-second mess. Oh well, the three of us had a good time.

The main technical challenge is that once the Hangout has been started I can't add you to my circles and then invite you without shutting down the entire hangout interface, thus kicking out all participants. So make sure I have you circled beforehand.

My Profile:
[url="https://plus.google.com/105078442860410937744/posts"]https://plus.google....410937744/posts[/url]

Edited by arfink

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1336673845' post='2429483']
Anybody want to hang out again tonight?
[/quote]
I would, but we don't have a webcam... :(

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1336682357' post='2429536']
I would, but we don't have a webcam... :(
[/quote]

You don't need one. I don't have one.

A microphone would be razzle dazzle, or you can just screencast and chat. Google+ hangout handles loads much better than the Phatmass chat box does. Also then you can see me paint live. :)

I don't get Google+
I have an account (it's Emily Ann Francis) but I don't use it much because I don't know anyone else who has it.

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1336682689' post='2429538']
You don't need one. I don't have one.

A microphone would be razzle dazzle, or you can just screencast and chat. Google+ hangout handles loads much better than the Phatmass chat box does. Also then you can see me paint live. :)
[/quote]
We don't have a microphone... screencast and chat? Huh?

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1336682732' post='2429540'] I don't get Google+ I have an account (it's Emily Ann Francis) but I don't use it much because I don't know anyone else who has it. [/quote]

If you'd like to participate, please visit this link and add me to you circles. I'll send you a hangout invite tonight.
[url="https://plus.google.com/105078442860410937744/posts"]https://plus.google....410937744/posts[/url]

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1336682755' post='2429541'] We don't have a microphone... screencast and chat? Huh? [/quote]

That means you can broadcast what's happening on your screen. So I use that to let people watch as I paint.

IcePrincessKRS

Only up to 9 people can participate in a hangout (or is that the hangout starter plus 9 more? That always confuses me). Just FYI.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1336682755' post='2429541']
We don't have a microphone... screencast and chat? Huh?
[/quote]

He already explained it, but basically "screencast" he means "screenshare", which is exactly what it sounds like. Sharing what you're doing on your screen with the other hangout participants. Instead of seeing your face via a webcam you can allow them to see what you're reading or watching in your screen.

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1336648104' post='2429389']
How does google+ work. But though wouldn't be easier to just hang out in the PM chat room?
[/quote]

The upside of the PM chatroom is you can talk to anyone from PM that happens to meander in without giving any personal information out.

The upside of a Google+ hangout is webcam access. It's also open ONLY to those who get invited (which could be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at it). Once you're in you should be able to invite other people (that is, people aside from the initial "host" should be able to invite new members once you've joined the hangout). The downside is the 9-10 people limit. And you have to have a google+ account. Google hangouts are really easy to use, though. I started using them instead of skype with my siblings because it works way better (and group chat is free vs. needing to pay for it with skype).

Having some serious computer issues right now. Consider the hangout canceled for tonight. Sorry guys.