An Old School Catholic Message Board

Qd's Countdown Thread

Queen'sDaughter

Queen'sDaughter

Thanks for the prayers, IPC. As I tell my SD, I can use all the prayers I get. Speaking of which, I think I know why they haven't sent my list yet: Father hasn't sent in the final recommendation letter yet! He has promised to get it out this month, and I am not nagging him because I know how busy he is, but I still hope he sends it soon.

I suspect they will contact me as soon as they receive the final (and I do mean LAST) piece of petition paperwork.

100 days! Can't believe it. :cloud9:

TheresaThoma

YAY! You should make a paper chain with 100 links and then tear off a link each day!

• 2 weeks later...
Queen'sDaughter

No list... :sad: I need to call Father and find out if he sent in my recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...
Queen'sDaughter

I spoke to Father after Mass today. And no, he has not sent in my recommendation. His reasoning was "you have until September, don't you?". Yes Father, that is correct. And yes Father, I really DO need that letter.

He told me he would write it "this month." Sigh.

77 days!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1341172567' post='2451226']
I spoke to Father after Mass today. And no, he has not sent in my recommendation. His reasoning was "you have until September, don't you?". Yes Father, that is correct. And yes Father, I really DO need that letter.

He told me he would write it "this month." Sigh.

77 days!
[/quote]

Yikes, why does he want to wait until the last minute? I hate to say it, but is there anyone else that could write the letter for you? I'll say some prayers that he writes it soon.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1341173357' post='2451235']
Yikes, why does he want to wait until the last minute? I hate to say it, but is there anyone else that could write the letter for you? I'll say some prayers that he writes it soon.
[/quote]

Ditto and bummer. All in God's timing, but I am sure that's frustrating.. :cry:

VeniJesuAmorMi

I'm very happy for you! I will pray for you and please pray for me. I used to enjoy finding pictures of clothings from this community because they are so beautiful. I think I used to find them on the Kansas Catholic blog, but I don't think that exists anymore, or at least I tried to find it recently. I do though like going to their website to see new pictures. Its a beautiful community.

Queen'sDaughter

I realize that in my frustration I may have painted a poor picture of Father. He has been so sweet, but he is terribly busy. On top of that, writing is hard for him, so he tends to put it off as much as possible! But I would not want any other priest to write my recommendation. Father is my SD, and he is my pastor, and he is my number-one cheerleader. He really didn't realize that I need the letter BEFORE I enter!

Queen'sDaughter
:bananarap: :woot: :cloud9: :dancer1: :yahoo: :dance:

I finally just emailed sister asking if they ever got my petition. And they hadn't!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHY I HADN"T HEARD FROM THEM! They were wondering what had happened to me!!!! I wasn't emailing them so that I wouldn't look all whiny and insecure, and they weren't emailing me so that they wouldn't look pushy! Everything is A-OKAY!

Best 4th ever. The petition leave AGAIN tomorrow.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1341421433' post='2452345']

I finally just emailed sister asking if they ever got my petition. And they hadn't!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHY I HADN"T HEARD FROM THEM! They were wondering what had happened to me!!!! I wasn't emailing them so that I wouldn't look all whiny and insecure, and they weren't emailing me so that they wouldn't look pushy! Everything is A-OKAY!

Best 4th ever. The petition leave AGAIN tomorrow.
[/quote]

Wow, they probably thought you didn't want to enter there anymore! Glad to know that you made contact! :hehe2: