An Old School Catholic Message Board

Qd's Countdown Thread

Queen'sDaughter

Less than a month! I get my wisdom teeth out the day QD enters, I think. There is some sort of irony there...will post again when I figure out exactly what it is.

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1345141208' post='2468666']
Being willing to sacrifice all for the Lord? :hehe2:
[/quote]

:lol: or the pain of separation?

Edited by emmaberry

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345144660' post='2468717']
So exciting! I've just seen your list, since I was away when it was posted. Have you got everything yet?
[/quote]

Almost everything, I still need the scarf and gloves. My brother is home on a visit, so I was able to have him bless my rosary and diurnal, which was wonderful.

24 days. I can't quite grasp that yet, and I will admit that I am scared. But Sister Scholastica's emails are so encouraging that I forget about being scared for a while and can focus on the beauty of what I am doing. Please pray for me!

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1346187275' post='2475402']
QD, who is the sister that draws those precious little nuns on your community's newsletter?
[/quote]

Sister Columba, she is one of the quietest people I have ever met, whenever she asked me to do something it was always in the kindest, softest tone.

Queen'sDaughter

As I prepare for my entrance, the time I spend here will be less and less. Please keep me in your prayers.

dominicansoul

Thanks IPC. Sr. Columba is very talented! I love those little drawings, soo cute!

QD, you have my prayers!

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1346333260' post='2476251']
Sister Columba, she is one of the quietest people I have ever met, whenever she asked me to do something it was always in the kindest, softest tone.
[/quote]

She sounds like many of the (s?)Sisters I met in the parlor when I visited the Roswell Poor Clares.. very quiet and soft-spoken. It is a very humble way of speaking compared to how most of us (including me) speak. I felt like my voice was BOOMING in those parlor visits!