An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discalced Carmelite Nun Communities

Guest vent801

VeniJesuAmorMi

Happy feast day of Blessed Elizabeth of The Trinity!

card_140_bl_elizabeth_of_the_Trinity_fro

"I have found heaven on earth, since heaven is God, and God is in my soul. My mission in heaven will be to draw souls, helping them to go out of themselves to cling to God, with a spontaneous, love-filled action, and to keep them in that great interior silence which enables God to make his mark on them, to transform them into himself."

"I can't find words to express my happiness. Here there is no longer anything but God. He is All; He suffices and we live by Him alone."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gracia.....for posting the Polish Carmelite pictures!!!  A few years back, I was backpacking Europe and visiting churches and monasteries, and I accidently  ( totally unplanned) found myself in Poland.  While there, I visited and stayed in many Polish monasteries, some of them Carmels.  I fell in love with Poland and its people.  Seeing these pictures brings back many fond memories.  :bounce:

graciandelamadrededios

Thanks Gracia.....for posting the Polish Carmelite pictures!!!  A few years back, I was backpacking Europe and visiting churches and monasteries, and I accidently  ( totally unplanned) found myself in Poland.  While there, I visited and stayed in many Polish monasteries, some of them Carmels.  I fell in love with Poland and its people.  Seeing these pictures brings back many fond memories.  :bounce:

Hello,

I am glad you liked the photos.....

graciandelamadrededios

The Discalced Carmelite Nuns from different monasteries in the Philippines:

DSC_0386.JPG

Note: One of the Veils of the Nuns shows gathered effect or as one Canadian OCD Nun (a foundress of a Philippine Carmel) calls it "shirred"

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0484.JPG

DSC_0469.JPG

DSC_0456.JPG

P1090185.JPG

P1090165.JPG

graciandelamadrededios

I found this beautiful video of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Poland:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaX2ieIKt9A

One of the favorite Discalced Carmelite Nun's video so far.  There is an interesting detail on their choir grilles, as Chiqui pointed out.  The design is OCD Crest in metal and Morristown Carmel has similar design on the choir grille:

011107a1.jpg

092706f.jpg

031812_jacque_stry0.jpg

Thanks for helping me download and save the video, Chiqui!

graciandelamadrededios

Very beautiful video indeed! Too bad I don't understand a word they say :(

I agree, too bad we cant understand what the Nuns are saying.

I love the habit and their monastery.  The veil is different from Spanish or French Carmels.

brandelynmarie

Gorgeous cinematography! :love: Thank you, Gracian. Please continue to post more Carmelite nun videos from other countries. :tv: I have trouble looking for them since I'm not a polyglot ;)

graciandelamadrededios

Gorgeous cinematography! :love: Thank you, Gracian. Please continue to post more Carmelite nun videos from other countries. :tv: I have trouble looking for them since I'm not a polyglot ;)

Hi brandelynmarie!  You're welcome!  :saint2:

I will post the link/s one I discovered new ones.

Have you seen the videos of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns from Italy - the ones with the Nuns with wooden crosses outside their scapulars?

Grancia