An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discalced Carmelite Nun Communities

Guest vent801

i have visited Cloister Carmel couple of weeks ago near my home.I have been so amazed and blessed to be there.Carmels are so special to me.Their spiritually is blessing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really lovely photos! I like seeing happy nuns :)

Edited to add - and the monastery building is so nice and simple too, and the land surrounding it. So flat you could see for miles!

Edited by marigold

graciandelamadrededios

Hi Chiqui!

Thanks for the link?

Beautiful photos and I can see that the Pre-Vatican II Customs are still preserved in this Carmel.

Can we post the photos here?

Gracian

In the few pictures of their property it appears they have one tree?!?!?!  Id hope they get more even for a windbreak!  It also appears they do not have any sort of cloistered/ fenced yard?!

graciandelamadrededios

Thank you for providing us these websites!  I am amazed that the Nuns photos were posted on facebook account and can be viewed publicly!

Meet the new cloistered Carmelite sisters
There are currently five sisters residing the in the cloistered Carmelite monastery northeast of Hague, ND in the Bismarck Diocese.
1903002_706342286079300_4148553973456558
Sister Mary John of the Blessed Sacrament
A very good view of head to foot habit of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns
10152659_706342052745990_265073216110965
Bishop Kagan poses with the cloistered Carmelite sisters after receiving a private tour of their new monastery April 26. From left: Sister Mary Angela, Sister Mary John, Bishop David Kagan, Mother Mary Baptist, Sister Raphael Mary and Sister Mary Joseph.
1782338_706342249412637_5095845843161874
981005_706342326079296_73519470592170178
The "shirred" or gathered effect of the Day Veil for the Solemnly Professed Nuns - Black Veil
1547961_706342342745961_4127244918394667
The "shirred" or gathered effect of the Day Veil for the Novice or Temporary Professed Nuns - White Veil

Young Spanish on its entry to Carmel, 2 February this year, no photos of that community, as they follow the constitutions of 1990.

BfflyCRCIAAqc1K.jpg

The Carmelite convent in Spain now best known is that of Valladolid, in 4 years they have doubled their community

maxresdefault.jpg

and increasing, since after the novices profess, have received more postulants.

CarmelitasValladolid_1.jpg

They have a significant flexibility in some rules of the closure, the Holy See granted a special permit that covers the most radical innovations: open its doors to girls with concern, doubting whether to engage in religious life. For fifteen days maximum may live with them to see first hand the kind of life and spirituality. No other closure order has permission for something like that. The latter read it in an article, but I think there are several convents that allow aspirants to live for a while.

graciandelamadrededios

Young Spanish on its entry to Carmel, 2 February this year, no photos of that community, as they follow the constitutions of 1990.

BfflyCRCIAAqc1K.jpg

The Carmelite convent in Spain now best known is that of Valladolid, in 4 years they have doubled their community

maxresdefault.jpg

and increasing, since after the novices profess, have received more postulants.

CarmelitasValladolid_1.jpg

They have a significant flexibility in some rules of the closure, the Holy See granted a special permit that covers the most radical innovations: open its doors to girls with concern, doubting whether to engage in religious life. For fifteen days maximum may live with them to see first hand the kind of life and spirituality. No other closure order has permission for something like that. The latter read it in an article, but I think there are several convents that allow aspirants to live for a while.

The new community of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Hague, ND in the Bismarck Diocese, also follows the 1990 Constitutions.  

I was informed that Valladolid Carmel no longer follows the 1990 Constitutions.  I checked the website of the Generalate of the the Discalced Carmelite Friars and under the 1990 Carmels, Valladolid Carmel cannot be found, however, they are listed in the 1991 Carmels in Spain.

graciandelamadrededios

In the few pictures of their property it appears they have one tree?!?!?!  Id hope they get more even for a windbreak!  It also appears they do not have any sort of cloistered/ fenced yard?!

I am sure that the Sisters will plant trees, vegetables, flowers, and any useful plants in their property - once they have enough personnel.  They are a very young community and their numbers only fulfill the requirement of the Can Law in establishing a cloistered community.  The fix limit of numbers of Carmelite Nuns in a community is 21.  I am sure that when the community attracts young women to going this Carmel, the more hands to help plant and nurture growing things.

Also, a young community cannot afford to build fence on a temporary house - they need donors or they need to solicit funds for building a new monastery or convert a huge house to become a monastery and its not practical to build a solid wall around a temporary house.  There is a huge chance that the community might relocate to build their own monastery.  

The cloister they observed are around the house and I am not sure if the a Papal Cloister has been established on this community.

The new community of the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Hague, ND in the Bismarck Diocese, also follows the 1990 Constitutions.  

I was informed that Valladolid Carmel no longer follows the 1990 Constitutions.  I checked the website of the Generalate of the the Discalced Carmelite Friars and under the 1990 Carmels, Valladolid Carmel cannot be found, however, they are listed in the 1991 Carmels in Spain.

I did not say that the Carmelites of Valladolid follow constitutions of 1990, just the girl in the first picture entered a convent following these, The Carmelites of Valladolid have a more flexible rule, which has been approved by the Holy See, that those who follow the constitutions of 1990, in the thread discussing Carmelite communities and have given an example, one that goes well vocationally, everyone can choose the one you like.

In Spain, i have not seen pictures of any community be guided by the constitutions of 1990 of the Mother Maravillas.

I live in Navarre, with 600,000 residents, there are 5 convents of Discalced Carmelites, all follow the constitutions of 1991, the fall in vocations has greatly affected these convents, Spain no longer have vocations to sustain almost one quarter of the world cloistered convents as above.

http://www.madrescarmelitasdescalzas.net/es/comunidades/

graciandelamadrededios

I am just saying that Valladolid is no longer following the 1990 text. Also, I am sure that Valladolid Carmel is not following a different Rule sincw there are two approved text by the Holy See : 1990 and 1991 and by special permission, the hybrid text. What they probably obtain is statutes for exemption to a certain points of the approve Rule and Constitutions.