An Old School Catholic Message Board

(okay...so Here's My Little Countdown.)

IamMyBeloveds

IamMyBeloveds

JMJT

Hello! Praised be Jesus Christ!

At the request of a few phatmassers, I am going to post a countdown to my re-entrance into the Carmelite Sisters DCJ. In doing this, I absolutely wish NOT to draw attention to myself, but only ask for prayers, prayers, and more prayers!! I am so very weak and without prayer I can do nothing.

So here's the countdown, as requested: I am re-entering the Carmel of the Divine Heart of Jesus on evening June 14th, the eve of the Feast of the Sacred Heart. Family is driving me on June 12th to the convent. I'll countdown using the 12th.

20 Days!

http://www.carmelitedcj.org/

I'll be honest, it was a little bit hard for me to decide to start this thread, because since I am RE-entering, I feel a bit "unworthy" to get excited and share my joy. :ohno: ...I'm a bit nervous to post this countdown because I feel like I don't want to let anyone down if I "can't make it". But how deeply I do want to persevere by His grace alone! It was so easy to be very elated the first time and share my joy with the world, shout it from the mountaintops, etc. Now, knowing full-well the challenges and absolute beauty that convent life entails, I ask sincerely for prayers, most of all. I am at a deep sense of peace and joy in giving up my job and other things I held so tightly to.

The second time around, it is a quiet serenity and a peaceful acceptance of God's will. It's been a challenging yet beautiful journey. I am at peace in HIM and I cannot wait to go HOME! :love: God bless you all! Thank you for the prayers!!

IamMyBeloveds

P.S. I won't have internet access for things like phatmass at all, only for the necessity of getting homework done for novitiate class. So if I don't respond, it doesn't mean I'm not praying for all my PM VS phriends!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='IamMyBeloveds' timestamp='1337824386' post='2434186']
P.S. I won't have internet access for things like phatmass at all, only for the necessity of getting homework done for novitiate class. So if I don't respond, it doesn't mean I'm not praying for all my PM VS phriends!
[/quote]

I am so EXCITED for you!!!!! :woot:

It's all becoming so real! And, don't think for one minute that you are any less deserving to celebrate this beautiful time of your life. I want so much for you to be able to persevere this time, especially since I know the trials you faced. You are a beautiful person -- inside and out -- and you deserve the very best. I also LOVE the day of your entrance!!! I had totally forgotten that June 15th was the Feast of the Sacred Heart. I know you probably remember how much I am devoted to the Divine Mercy and the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I still remember showing you the first Brown scapular I ever bought -- a Divine Mercy scapular. I had no idea until I learned more about it and, by that time, I knew that it was my favorite!!!

You will be in my prayers, always!!!! And, this time, you will be in your community when it's your birthday!!!! :yahoo:

Mary's Margaret

May your journey back be blessed. I am as joyful for you as I was for Marigold and Faith C and Nunsense: every time someone takes a step into Jesus' arms, a party breaks out in my heart. Enjoy your peaceful jubilation, IAMB. All of Heaven is smiling!

TheresaThoma

Lots and lots of prayers!
Also you should most definitely be sharing your excitement and joy!

Very special prayers and love; the Holy Spirit will guide you, and Our Lady will take your hand. You can trust yourself to them. We're all praying for what will lead you closest to God. Pray for us, too!

We visited your community on our nun run!!! What a blessed group of women!
Many prayers on your journey.

You should not feel unworthy of this joy, either! All of our discernment is (and continues to be) a long, winding path towards our Heavenly Home!

"God writes straight with crooked lines."

AveMariaPurissima

Yay! Many prayers coming your way! And as lots of the pham has said, don't feel unworthy to share your excitement and joy!!!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='DameAgnes' timestamp='1337868003' post='2434374']
Will pray for you. How does this work? Do you go back as a novice or as a postulant?
[/quote]

I hope my good friend doesn't mind, but I know the answer so I will answer on her behalf. ;)

When she goes in on June 14th, she will begin as a postulant for two weeks. Then, she will be clothed again in the Carmelite habit on July 1st (the usual day of clothing). She begins the novitiate for 2 years since the first time didn't last long.

Strictlyinkblot

Many prayers, I'm doing mental cartwheels for you (physical ones would not be a pretty sight involving broken bones)