An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341006232' post='2450556']
St.-Augustine, Confessiones :proud:

That too, but what I meant was a change in thinking about the opposite sex. When we see handsome people (we're possible attracted to), we tend to let the looks determine what we think of this person. And we can be completely enchanted by someones appereance, but won't look deeper. Whenever I see a pretty girl now, I always wonder if her soul is as pretty as her looks. That's what I meant (but maybe I explain it not clear enough, sometimes I don't know how to express myself properly in English :blush:)

-when you can tell wich (bible)book or saint someone quoted or got some ideas.
-when you really wish you could answer "yes, I am" when someone asks if you're a seminarian.
-when the tip of your right shoe is worn.
-when you feel so happy when sisters smile at you when they recognise you.
-when you have all sorts of missals and prayerbooks.
-when you can pray in multiple languages.
-when you think Latin is the best language to pray :smile4:
[/quote]

Could you explain the one about the tip of your right shoe being worn? It sounds like something I should know but don't...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341032395' post='2450748']
Could you explain the one about the tip of your right shoe being worn? It sounds like something I should know but don't...
[/quote]
What do you do when you enter a church and you see a red lamp near the tabernacle? Did that answer your question? :idea2:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341032395' post='2450748']
[/quote]

Shame on you FP!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341056277' post='2450800']
What do you do when you enter a church and you see a red lamp near the tabernacle? Did that answer your question? :idea2:
[/quote]

So... you kicked a red lamp in church?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341065597' post='2450832']
So... you kicked a red lamp in church?
[/quote]
Aha, you obviously don't know what a sanctuary lamp is. Didn't mentioning the tabernacle ring a bell? What a shame for a future priest :think: ;)

If there is a red sanctuary lamp near the tabernacle, it means the Lord is there. So, you kneel everytime you pass Him. When you kneel, one shoe (usually the right one) touches the floor with its tip.

PhuturePriest

I had an awesome one this morning. I accidentally took two boxers in the bathroom with me, and I thought "Well, now I can just decide which color I want to wear more." The way I figured out which one I wanted shocked me.

-You know you are a future Priest/Brother when you decide what color of boxers you should wear by what color the liturgical calender currently is. I'm wearing a proud green right now. :proud:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341155168' post='2451149']
I'm wearing a proud green right now. :proud:
[/quote]
If I had one, I would wear a red one in that case. It's/was the feast of the Precious Blood of Our Lord!! (in the extraordinary calendar, I don't know if it's celebrated in the ordinary calendar)

filius_angelorum

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341181273' post='2451272']

If I had one, I would wear a red one in that case. It's/was the feast of the Precious Blood of Our Lord!! (in the extraordinary calendar, I don't know if it's celebrated in the ordinary calendar)
[/quote]

Nope. But I shan't comment on my underwear. Ladies read this board...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='filius_angelorum' timestamp='1341190713' post='2451314']
Nope. But I shan't comment on my underwear. Ladies read this board...
[/quote]

And it embarrarsees them if they read what color of underwear you have on? I don't see how that is such a big deal.

filius_angelorum

-when you are constantly thinking about ways your parish could have a more effective schedule.

PhuturePriest

-When you accept women are just different and have given up trying to figure out why they think what they think. :french: