An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

Queen'sDaughter

Brief hijack, but the underwear made me think of it:

I was at an event at the Franciscan Brothers Friary to meet and hear the vocation stories of the sisters. The when the sisters become cloistered, they will live where the brothers are now, and the brothers will move to what used to be the convent. So we got a tour of the soon to be cloister grounds with Mother as the guide. Well, the brothers had a wash day that day, and on the line was a double row of Franciscan underwear!!! Mother was SO embarrassed it was hilarious. She kind of stammered that the brothers KNEW there would be guests that day, so they must not mind. She told us to "think like nuns" (it was an all girl group), but she wouldn't take us past until I told her that we all had brothers.

Poor Mother. But it was pretty funny.

Hijack over. Resume.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1341248276' post='2451497']
Brief hijack, but the underwear made me think of it:

I was at an event at the Franciscan Brothers Friary to meet and hear the vocation stories of the sisters. The when the sisters become cloistered, they will live where the brothers are now, and the brothers will move to what used to be the convent. So we got a tour of the soon to be cloister grounds with Mother as the guide. Well, the brothers had a wash day that day, and on the line was a double row of Franciscan underwear!!! Mother was SO embarrassed it was hilarious. She kind of stammered that the brothers KNEW there would be guests that day, so they must not mind. She told us to "think like nuns" (it was an all girl group), but she wouldn't take us past until I told her that we all had brothers.

Poor Mother. But it was pretty funny.

Hijack over. Resume.
[/quote]

Bahahahaha! I love the Franciscan Brothers Minor! Father David Mary is a very mischievous man. Something tells me this was completely on purpose. :lol:

PhuturePriest

-When you think the real masters of comedy genius are the Priests and Religious. Case in point ^^

-when your heart beats faster during consecration :heart:
-when you during your holidays change the customs the servers and the local parish have during Mass and nobody says anything about it, because they all think you will know it better.

PhuturePriest

-When you ask your sister if you can be the server at her wedding Mass and when she accepts feel like you are a member of the wedding party.

-when you bought yourself a biretta, just because you think it's such a cool thing (and you really want to wear one later).

Edited by NonNovi

PhuturePriest

-When you have figured out which name you want as a Religious (Brother Miles of the Infant Jesus).

Kylie Spinelli

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341006232' post='2450556']

-when the tip of your right shoe is worn.

[/quote]
I don't get that one... explain??

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Kylie Spinelli' timestamp='1341526159' post='2452648']
[/quote]

Aha! I am not the only person that didn't get it! I feel much better now. :saint:

It basically implies when you genuflect so much before the Blessed Sacrament the tip of your right shoe gets worn.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='Kylie Spinelli' timestamp='1341526159' post='2452648']
[/quote]
Kylie, check post #37

Aha, so FP really didn't understand it :P

i<3franciscans

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341533634' post='2452697']
Kylie, check post #37

[/quote] :hehe2:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341533634' post='2452697']
Kylie, check post #37

[/quote]]

I said I didn't. That is why I asked what that meant when you first posted it. :P

-when you always have to find excuses to go to church (what other people do to secretly see their girlfriend).