An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

-when old ladies insist to give you some money because you prayed the rosary so well with them and they want to thank you.
-when you just don't know how to behave when they keep complimenting you.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341579348' post='2452811']
-when old ladies insist to give you some money because you prayed the rosary so well with them and they want to thank you.
-when you just don't know how to behave when they keep complimenting you.
[/quote]

How about "Ladies, ladies, I deserve no credit for being so pious and praying so much. Well, maybe a little."

i<3franciscans

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341556512' post='2452775']
-when you always have to find excuses to go to church (what other people do to secretly see their girlfriend).
[/quote]I know this is mostly for guys, but this is so true! I always "forget" something...

PhuturePriest

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1341774374' post='2453556']
I know this is mostly for guys, but this is so true! I always "forget" something...
[/quote]

I would do the same if the Church was not locked all the time.

- when you see a nice little village on tv and think how wonderfull it would be to be parish priest there.
- when even priests start to call you "Reverend"...

PhuturePriest

- When you think about what town you would like to be a parish Priest in.
- When your dream vacation is spending a week at the Vatican.

InPersonaChriste

When you start getting invited to private masses (my seminarian friend was the only one to be invited, and then he invited me because he knew i was discerning!)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341593017' post='2452864']
How about "Ladies, ladies, I deserve no credit for being so pious and praying so much. Well, maybe a little."
[/quote]
That sounds too much like you :P I always try to say they really don't have to, but sometimes you just have to give people the chance to express their gratitude, even if it's with money.

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1341774374' post='2453556']
I know this is mostly for guys, but this is so true! I always "forget" something...
[/quote]
:like:
I never "forget" something at church, I mostly say I'm going somewhere and then stay away a little longer than needed because I went to church to pray.

[quote name='InPersonaChriste' timestamp='1341806421' post='2453799']
When you start getting invited to private masses (my seminarian friend was the only one to be invited, and then he invited me because he knew i was discerning!)
[/quote]
I :heart: private Masses! I really like the intimate character. Just a priest and his altar, and (almost) nobody around. I recently had the opportunity to serve a private Mass in the great basilica in Lourdes.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341782272' post='2453610']
I would do the same if the Church was not locked all the time.
[/quote]

I don't have to worry about this. I have the key to my church.... :evil: hahahahaha

PhuturePriest

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341865620' post='2454061']
That sounds too much like you :P I always try to say they really don't have to, but sometimes you just have to give people the chance to express their gratitude, even if it's with money.

:like:
I never "forget" something at church, I mostly say I'm going somewhere and then stay away a little longer than needed because I went to church to pray.

I :heart: private Masses! I really like the intimate character. Just a priest and his altar, and (almost) nobody around. I recently had the opportunity to serve a private Mass in the great basilica in Lourdes.
[/quote]

What's that supposed to mean? :P I will admit I am terrible about flirting. I don't even mean to, and I never know I am flirting. What most people refer to as flirting I call making jokes to have a nice conversation.

And there's nothing wrong with humbly accepting generous donations. After all, us poor seminarian wannabes need money for tuition, textbooks and our personal religious items... :hehe:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1341978312' post='2454576']
I don't have to worry about this. I have the key to my church.... :evil: hahahahaha
[/quote]

They would never give it to me. They don't like people going in there.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341979290' post='2454583']
What's that supposed to mean? :P I will admit I am terrible about flirting. I don't even mean to, and I never know I am flirting. What most people refer to as flirting I call making jokes to have a nice conversation.
[/quote]

I KNOW RIGHT. Sorry, I know it's off topic but I get this all the time.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341979290' post='2454583']
What's that supposed to mean? I will admit I am terrible about flirting. I don't even mean to, and I never know I am flirting. What most people refer to as flirting I call making jokes to have a nice conversation.
[/quote]
I didn't say a thing about flirting, that's what you subconciously made from it (so maybe you have some issues with flirting :P). It meant that [i]"Ladies, ladies, I deserve no credit for being so pious and praying so much. Well, maybe a little."[/i] is something I can imagine you saying, but I would never. No more, no less.

Maybe you guys should start a new thread: Flirting for future religious :whistle:
But seriously, I know the feeling. People understand friendly gestures and jokes way to fast as more.

Oh, and for FP: -when you flirt with old ladies to get money for tuition, textbooks and personal religious items ;)

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1341993463' post='2454606']
I didn't say a thing about flirting, that's what you subconciously made from it (so maybe you have some issues with flirting :P). It meant that [i]"Ladies, ladies, I deserve no credit for being so pious and praying so much. Well, maybe a little."[/i] is something I can imagine you saying, but I would never. No more, no less.

[/quote]

I would suggest they make a donation to charity.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341979363' post='2454584']
They would never give it to me. They don't like me going in there.
[/quote]

I don't blame them. hahahaha.