An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

- when you're cleaning out you're friend list on facebook and realise you have tons of priests ands sisters in there.

- when you realise you even have some contacts pretty close to the Holy Father too!

Catholicterp7

Jaja NonNovi! Sometimes I like to go through the people you may know list on facebook and count how many are priests, seminarians, friars, nuns and sisters. rotfl

I'm really glad there's a thread for the guys on here. You should start your own threads more often! All of you discerning are in my prayers. 

JMJ+ :heart: 

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

You go to a vocations retreat and you get assigned a "host" seminarian to show you your room. This host has never met you before, it as you walk down the hall you pass by another 6 or 7 seminarians and 5 priest they all DO know you stop to give you a hug and greet you by name. Your "host" gives you a sidelong glance as if to ask "ok, who are you really?)

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

When an officer you were deployed with asks you to come over to his house for New Years, so that you can teach his anti-religious wife about what Catholics believe so that she will be comfortable in him joining the Church and start raising their children Catholic.

PhuturePriest

- When sharing your discernment with people is one of your greatest joys in life.

- When one of your best friends is your spiritual director, whom is an awesome traditional Priest in his fifties and isn't afraid to say what he believes in front of people (Be they atheist, protestant, or liberal Catholic).

Edited by FuturePriest387

- when this :priest: is your favorite smiley on PM.

- when you go to ordinations in another country and know more people (especially priests and Sisters) than the guy you accompanied (who lives there).

- when you receive e-mail from a well known liturgist (then cardinal Ratzinger wrote prefaces for some of his books!) and that totally makes your day :)

Edited by NonNovi

PhuturePriest
When the Bishop calls your name for ordination.

I totally did that one on the first page (I think).

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
I totally did that one on the first page (I think).

Nope...I even checked the first 2 pages. :)

:like:
I never "forget" something at church, I mostly say I'm going somewhere and then stay away a little longer than needed because I went to church to pray.

I sneak out of the house to go up to the Rosary Garden!!!  My mom has not figured this out yet thankfully!
when you're starting to think you're addicted to serving Mass :blush:

That is all Me!!! :hehe2:

That's gigantic! Especially considering Kansas standards. The average height here is 5'8 or 5'7. I was 5'4 the last time I got measured, so at best I'm maybe 5'5.

I am 5' 9 1/2'' and I am a girl... You guys are so short!

When there are special things that pop up, funerals, Holy Hours ect you are among the first they ask if you are available to serve.

When the need for a server arrives you do everything you can to make it...I.e. leave work early, trade work shifts, skip class.

My priest always call me when they need someone to serve, I am one of the only loyal server at our parish!

Edited by cartermia

PhuturePriest
Nope...I even checked the first 2 pages. :)

I said something like that on the You Know You Are A Future Sister/Nun thread. I must have mixed them up.

That is all Me!!! :hehe2:

I am 5' 9 1/2'' and I am a girl... You guys are so short!

My priest always call me when they need someone to serve, I am one of the only loyal server at our parish!

I'm not short, you're tall! Most of the girls I know are 5'4" to 5'6". Besides, I'm only sixteen. Guys grow later than girls do.

I'm not short, you're tall! Most of the girls I know are 5'4" to 5'6". Besides, I'm only sixteen. Guys grow later than girls do.

I am 13 and I am still growing FP, You are short so just get over it!

PhuturePriest
I am 13 and I am still growing FP, You are short so just get over it!

I wouldn't be so optimistic. Girls stop growing at around thirteen or fourteen. My sister stopped growing whens he was eleven. Girls are not like guys in that they keep growing throughout their teens and into their early twenties. They stop earlier on.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino
I wouldn't be so optimistic. Girls stop growing at around thirteen or fourteen. My sister stopped growing whens he was eleven. Girls are not like guys in that they keep growing throughout their teens and into their early twenties. They stop earlier on.

How can your sister be a HE? :)

FP I have grown an inch since August. The guys in my class haven't even grown 3 centimeters...

Don't Doubt me, learn that lesson now!

Edited by cartermia