An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

Spem in alium

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1352716874' post='2508544']

Wait. I'm confused... aren't you a girl? :unsure: :hmmm: :|
[/quote]

.[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1352748066' post='2508661']
Yeah, I'm confused now too. Are you talking about yourself, Mary+Immaculate?

[/quote]

Have to admit, I was asking the same questions.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Mary+Immaculate<3' timestamp='1352559411' post='2507732']
-When your favorite part of a movie about a male saint is when they are ordained.
-When your write a will of which family member or friend hers which of your valuables.
-When you read the Catechism as a leisure activity.
-It doesn't phase you to stop everything and say the prayer for meals, with the full-fledged sign of the cross, at your school, eyes closed and hands folded, and your friends have learned to ignore it.
-When you plan what the best words of consolation would be the best for situations you will hear about in Confession.
-You have a crucifix near your door in your room and touch the feet of Jesus every time you pass by
-You wear a band on your wedding finger that most people is just a chastity ring, but secretly it is so girls won't flirt and try to distract you from Priesthood
-The contents of your pocket is on average including: a rosary, an extra scapular (because that's what St. John Bosco did), a prayer book (like the kind Priests have of course!), an assortment of holy cards, and holy water, but you wish you could have your stole already!
-You have a bad week because you forgot to fast an hour before Mass and had to miss Communion.
-You practice writing your name with "Fr." before it, and practice your new signature.
-When you get home from watching a movie, the first thing you do is list all of the things you saw could be applied to Catholicism in some way from it, then you write a homily on it and put it on YouTube, or tell it to your dog if you don't have a camera.
-When favorite Mystery of the Rosary is the Last Supper, because it was the first Mass.
-You know the name of every Priest, and what parish they serve at, in the whole diocese.
-Your favorite shirt is the one you got on a discernment retreat or from a seminary
-You wear black pantaloons and a black polo, dress, or tee shirt every day.
-If there is a Catholic event outside when it's cold, you take off your hat to pray, no matter how bad your hair will look or how people will look at you.
-Instead of showing guests your childhood photos, you show them all the photos where you're with priests (First Communion, Confirmation, first time Serving, Baptism, etc.)
-When Fr. Robert Barron is your ideal role model, even if you can't even follow what he's talking about part of the time.

That's about it pholks, but if I think of any more, I'll be sure to post them. This should *at least* "get you started."
;)
[/quote]

Well, I failed several of these. Probably why I discerned out...

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352779432' post='2508960']

Well, I failed several of these. Probably why I discerned out...
[/quote]

You're not going to be a Future Priest anymore?? Might I suggest a different username? :P

Just playing-really, though, I hope you had a great visit to the seminary. :)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1352782063' post='2508998']

You're not going to be a Future Priest anymore?? Might I suggest a different username? :P

Just playing-really, though, I hope you had a great visit to the seminary. :)
[/quote]

Read the thread: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/125293-im-back-with-important-news/

Also, get out more. There is more to Phatmass then Vocation Station. :hehe:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352782341' post='2509002']

Read the thread: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/125293-im-back-with-important-news/

Also, get out more. There is more to Phatmass then Vocation Station. :hehe:
[/quote]

My bad! I used to 'get out' more but always ended up in the Debate Table (Open Mic has its share of debating as well) and it really began to eat at my soul, if we are allowing for melodrama.

I support you completely. I would ask you to write me when you come to a 'decision' stage in your life (ie engaged, entered, etc) but I don't think correspondence with single non-relatives is allowed.. Maybe write after you/if you marry? I can't wait to see where you end up!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1352784022' post='2509021']
My bad! I used to 'get out' more but always ended up in the Debate Table (Open Mic has its share of debating as well) and it really began to eat at my soul, if we are allowing for melodrama.

I support you completely. I would ask you to write me when you come to a 'decision' stage in your life (ie engaged, entered, etc) but I don't think correspondence with single non-relatives is allowed.. Maybe write after you/if you marry? I can't wait to see where you end up!
[/quote]

Don't worry. I'll simply visit your convent, meet Mother Superior, wear a leather jacket that is unzipped and give her a "How you doin'?" with a nice little wink, and I'm sure she will allow correspondence through letters. Never doubt my charm. ;)

But really, I'll write to you after I am married. Who knows, maybe your convent will be on the way to our honeymoon destination so we will visit you afterwards? Or maybe I'll just find a time to come visit you? There are many women here whom I have promised to meet at their convents and I'm not sure how many I will actually meet, but yours will be on the priority list.

First important question: What convent are you entering and where is it? I honestly have no clue.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1352784298' post='2509023']
Don't worry. I'll simply visit your convent, meet Mother Superior, wear a leather jacket that is unzipped and give her a "How you doin'?" with a nice little wink, and I'm sure she will allow correspondence through letters. Never doubt my charm. ;)

But really, I'll write to you after I am married. Who knows, maybe your convent will be on the way to our honeymoon destination so we will visit you afterwards? Or maybe I'll just find a time to come visit you? There are many women here whom I have promised to meet at their convents and I'm not sure how many I will actually meet, but yours will be on the priority list.

First important question: What convent are you entering and where is it? I honestly have no clue.
[/quote]

Mother would not know what to do with herself if that actually happened...I can see it now!

Also, I should have added 'male' to single non-relatives-girls are definitely allowed to write.

I'll be in Roswell*, so after you visit me with your nice wife you guys can head down to Main Street and spend a whole afternoon (or longer if you so desire) in UFO museums and shops. Fun times to be had in Roswell! :P

*Specifically:
Emma

Edited by homeschoolmom
Deleting personal information at poster's request. Yes, I'm that nice. :)

PhuturePriest

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1352787901' post='2509068']
Mother would not know what to do with herself if that actually happened...I can see it now!

Also, I should have added 'male' to single non-relatives-girls are definitely allowed to write.

I'll be in Roswell*, so after you visit me with your nice wife you guys can head down to Main Street and spend a whole afternoon (or longer if you so desire) in UFO museums and shops. Fun times to be had in Roswell! :P

*Specifically:
Emma
Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady of Guadalupe
809 E 19th St
Roswell, NM 88201
[/quote]

Don't say stuff like that. It just inspires me to actually do it. :P

Definitely allowed to, or definitely not allowed to?

:hehe: That's amesome. I don't think that will be her dream plans for our honeymoon, but it will definitely be one we won't forget.

[quote]Don't worry. I'll simply visit your convent, meet Mother Superior, wear a leather jacket that is unzipped and give her a "How you doin'?" with a nice little wink, and I'm sure she will allow correspondence through letters. Never doubt my charm. ;)[/quote]
Nope, she will totally answer like this:

[img]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/30368771.jpg[/img] :hehe2:

[/quote]
What about seminarians?

Back on topic:

When you're so going to write to entered Phatmass people once you entered yourself ;)

*Specifically:
Emma
Poor Clare Monastery of Our Lady of Guadalupe
809 E 19th St
Roswell, NM 88201
[/quote]

Id ask a moderator to delete your contact info and if you wish to give it out do so via private message. See this warning
http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/forum-17/announcement-71-privacy-in-the-vocation-station/

To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1352748066' post='2508661']
Yeah, I'm confused now too. Are you talking about yourself, Mary+Immaculate?

- when you see this [url="http://www.sjm-congregation.org"]www.sjm-congregation.org[/url] and just want to enter right away :bounce:
- when you're a little bit disappointed the picture galery on the new website is empty... (luckily there are enough pictures on top of every page).
- when they describe the 7 steps to become a priest in the congregation and you are totally in step 1 :dance:
[/quote]

NN- From the pictures they look like a pretty amazing order. What is their spirituality/charism?

Edited by To Jesus Through Mary

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1353165723' post='2511804']

Id ask a moderator to delete your contact info and if you wish to give it out do so via private message. See this warning
http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/forum-17/announcement-71-privacy-in-the-vocation-station/
[/quote]

Thanks Vee8! Doing that right now.

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1353167793' post='2511815']
NN- From the pictures they look like a pretty amazing order. What is their spirituality/charism?
[/quote]
Yes, the SJM are amazing :) They follow the traditional Jesuit rules (founder was a former Jesuit), so their spirituality is Ignatian. Every novice has to do the 30 days spiritual exercises of Saint Ignatius. The priests have to do the Ignatian exercises again a few years after ordination. Every member of the congregation consecrates himself every day to the sacred hearts of Jesus and Mary.

In matters of liturgy, the SJM celebrate in both forms. Every priest learns both ordinary and extraordinary form of the rite, so they can use the form most appropriate to the occasion to bring people closer to Our Lord. They also have the choice between the cassock or clergyman (I've seen both at the motherhouse), although on some occasions and at Mass cassock is obligated.

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1352769122' post='2508839']

Have to admit, I was asking the same questions.
[/quote]

Yeah, I am a girl, but I can still sorta connect to discerning guys, I'm discerning. I don't know if all these are typical, it was just more of my imagination xD

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1352716874' post='2508544']
I love these guys. The PDP guys at Franciscan are the absolute greatest!

Wait. I'm confused... aren't you a girl? :unsure: :hmmm: :|
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm a girl, but I can still kinda connect with the guys a little, I think. These are pretty much from my imagination xD
You tell me if you think these are "accurate."