An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Priest... (or Brother)

NonNovi

[quote name='Mary+Immaculate<3' timestamp='1353250359' post='2512327']
You tell me if you think these are "accurate."
[/quote]
You have a great imagination then, they are really accurate. That's what got us confused :hehe2:

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1353254202' post='2512341']

You have a great imagination then, they are really accurate. That's what got us confused :hehe2:
[/quote]

Well then, I'm glad I have an imagination, though sometimes it makes me seem really crazy to people :hehe:

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I don't practice writing my name with Fr be fore it...most of the others are true although my leisure reading is the Code of Cannon Law.

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1353367688' post='2513222']
I don't practice writing my name with Fr be fore it...most of the others are true although my leisure reading is the Code of Cannon Law.
[/quote]

Darn, why not Aquinas, Dante, or Augustine? Jk, I have not made a dent in their works yet, I'm just starting.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='Mary&#043;Immaculate<3' timestamp='1353382460' post='2513414']

Darn, why not Aquinas, Dante, or Augustine? Jk, I have not made a dent in their works yet, I'm just starting.
[/quote]

Well in fairness The lady's at the only Catholic Bookstore were vastly surprised when I had them order the Code of Canon Law, not surprised when I got a copy of Augustine's Confessions, and dumb struck when I ordered the Summa Theologica.

You know you are a future Priest or Brother when the ladies at the bookstore think you are the most widely read Catholic they know

YKYAAFPOB when your book shelf is organized by sections such as Scriptures and scripture studies, Council Documents, Catechism and Cannon Law. Theology, Prayers, Pastoral Care, Apologetics, and general spirituality.

YKYAAFPOB when your vacation days are already spoken for because of retreats, and discernment trips.

[quote name='To Jesus Through Mary' timestamp='1353167793' post='2511815']
NN- From the pictures they look like a pretty amazing order.
[/quote]
-when your community uploads a lot of pictures and your desire to enter explodes :lust: :w00t: :winner:

Check out the [url="http://sjm-congregation.org/htdocs/galerie_geschichte.html"]new galeries[/url] (history, seminarians, youth and boyscout work, "Auhof"= motherhouse, missions, parish work, liturgy). I can translate if you want.

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-HPUv7x8pbvo/UKtSB4vhgbI/AAAAAAAADBw/BVoCHk2_ZaM/s640/10-09-11%252520sjm-fahrt%252520oberallg%2525C3%2525A4u%252520%252528125%252529.JPG[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-K-Bb0a9gjdA/UKtQby_srdI/AAAAAAAAC8g/cr9J7HfmlF8/s640/Irlandfahrt%252520%2525287%252529.JPG[/img]

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-86zx-iMC6pk/UKtQXC6v96I/AAAAAAAAC74/IkaVczPJrHs/s640/Irlandfahrt%252520%2525282%252529.JPG[/img]

- when you have 4 painful puncture holes in your hands (they couldn't get the needle in the first 3 times and then tried the other hand) and think "Waw, these tiny wounds hurt so much, what pain did Jesus have with 2 holes all the way trough?"
Really, He must have suffered sooo much for us, I see it very clear now...

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

[quote name='yoyocro' timestamp='1353617470' post='2514857']
-when you get locked in a jesuit residence
[/quote]

Sounds like an interesting story...

- when someone at church congratulates you, because "you're such a young priest!" :hehe2:

- when you don't like to dissapoint such people every time...

You sometimes forget that on Sunday Mass there is a Gospel reading, a Psalm reading and TWO other Bible readings because the other six masses you attend weekly only have ONE other Bible reading.

You have Sext every day, or at least try to.

You tell time by how close you are to the next Canonical Hour.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

You come back to Vocation Station after a long time of being away and think "I'm home!".

So...where are you in discernment?

PhuturePriest

So...where are you in discernment?

Sorry for maybe being misleading. I'm still in the same place. I really want to discern the Priesthood again because I really want to be a Priest, but I think it is more about me wanting to be a Priest than actually being called.