An Old School Catholic Message Board

Exposing The Overpopulation Myth

Dave

Here's yet another article from the Clements family page:

One of the tools the pro-abortion community uses to further their agenda is the OVER POPULATION MYTH. I can't count the number of times I've picked up a newspaper or magazine, or heard on the television (all too willing to propagate the lie) news, the "ever increasing population problem" and how we're "in the process of destroying 'mother earth' (Father God never said ANYTHING about a mother earth) because of all the people that are covering our planet."

When in fact, quite the opposite is true. Contrary to Planned Parenthood propaganda, world population growth trends are measurably declining and too much so for industrialized nations. In fact, since America is aborting 1.5 million of it's preborn children every year, if it weren't for immigration, our population would now be declining.

Planned Parenthood hosted a lecture a few years back in Sarasota, Florida, by Werner Fornos, who the paper hailed as an "internationally recognized leader in the field of population growth."

His topic for the evening was "Gaining People, Losing Ground". The fact that it was hosted by Planned Parenthood tells you what the solution was....... (as PP promotes in China - No choice for the Chinese) Government forced abortion.

Please get out your calculator, do the math, and you'll see just how under-populated our planet actually is:

In Ralph Epperson's book The Unseen Hand, he stated that the world had approximately 4 billion people (now closer to five). If you took the population of the world, split it up into families of four and gave them each a piece of land 50' x 53', the entire population of the planet would fit neatly into the state of Oregon.

Sounds amazing doesn't it?

In Mary Pride's book The Way Home, she calculated that you could give every person in the world 2,000 square feet (which is larger than most homes) and everyone would fit into the state of Texas.

Let's take this one step further:

Imagine yourself standing up in the middle of a circle about five feet in diameter. If the entire planet's population, stood in identical circles, they would ALL fit in the City of Jacksonville, Florida.

Impossible? Do the math!

Now I'm certainly not saying that we could survive like that. I'm just trying to make the point that we are NOT overpopulated. You see, the 'population explosion' myth is just one more attempt by the people that profit from abortion to convince the world that killing children in the womb is not only a right, but an enforcable must.

Starvation and hunger are NOT a result of over-population, but rather a result of tyrannical governments and mismanagement of rescources.

So the next time you hear someone parroting the "Over-Population" excuse for abortion...... get out your calculator, and set the record straight!

Article Written In 1991

Thanks for the article, Dave. It's definitely true.

Being an environmental science major, I hear about the population growth problem all the time, and the importance of contraception. It's funny though, because we also look at the population rates of the industrialized countries in those same lectures and learn that they are all losing people, rather than gaining people. The only places that fertility rates are still very high are third world countries.

Now people say, okay, it's important to give those women contraceptives! Reduce the fertility rate! It seems to me that rather than getting them to pay for expensive drugs, wouldn't it be better to educate those women about their bodies and teach them Natural Family Planning? Once they learn, they'll never have to depend on first world countries for contraceptives again! But no, that is not an acceptable solution because that doesn't allow the government to directly control women's lives. How sad it is....

littleflower+JMJ

i've read somewhere that Bill Gates helps sponsor that group called "population control" or something to that group that is worried about the world becoming overcrowded and scuh and he provides millions so they can spread contraceptives and sterlization to third world countries and other nations.............

someone should tell him that all the money in the world can't buy a ticket to heaven

:angry:

IcePrincessKRS

I read once that the worlds population could live in the state of TX with equal land shares and be able to produce enough resources tp survive.

Only boneheads and really misguided poeple believe that myth.

littleflower+JMJ

yup! here in texas we have enough cotton, grain/wheat, etc. to feed everyone ten times over. but the gov. limits them and puts regulations so they only do "enough"

isn't that a waste of land? when you could produce so much but the gov. holds you back?

i don't understand.....

Thomas Michael

The guy who debunked the overpopulation myth for me is P.J. O'Rourke, in his book "All The Trouble In The World". He was pretty much saying the same thing about how the entire world population could fit in one state. He also compared the population density of Bangladesh to Fremont, California, saying it was just about the same. He's quite entertaining when dealing with politics and social concerns.

Brother Adam

Okay, okay. The entire population could fit into the state of Texas. We know this. Now would you want to put the entire population into the state of Texas? Think about how much of the land is actually inhabitable? Not much. I'd dare bet you'd lose a few billion to starvation and dehydration within a few weeks.

Before you say there is more than plenty of land- there isn't. You have to consider how much we can actually viably live on. First, remove the oceans, rivers, lakes, streams, obviously. Next remove areas where it is impossible to build on or grow food (the summit of Mount Everest comes to mind as an example).

Once you go through the process of discovering how much land is habitable. And on top of that the problems that do genuinely exist of getting food, clothing, and medicine and shelter to third world countries you can see that problems do exist.

Not that they arent solvable, but they do exist. When there is a child somewhere dying every minute of hunger, I consider that a problem.

Okay, okay. The entire population could fit into the state of Texas. We know this. Now would you want to put the entire population into the state of Texas? Think about how much of the land is actually inhabitable? Not much. I'd dare bet you'd lose a few billion to starvation and dehydration within a few weeks.

Before you say there is more than plenty of land- there isn't. You have to consider how much we can actually viably live on. First, remove the oceans, rivers, lakes, streams, obviously. Next remove areas where it is impossible to build on or grow food (the summit of Mount Everest comes to mind as an example).

Once you go through the process of discovering how much land is habitable. And on top of that the problems that do genuinely exist of getting food, clothing, and medicine and shelter to third world countries you can see that problems do exist.

Not that they arent solvable, but they do exist. When there is a child somewhere dying every minute of hunger, I consider that a problem.

:huh: i don't think i have the smarts to do the looking into this one

could someone else look into it and tell me if he's right?

Pax Christi!

Kilroy the Ninja

I believe the idea of putting the entire population in the state of Texas was simply to state that the population could fit here, not should fit here. And most of Texas is very inhabitable thank you very much. People live, thrive and survive all over our great state in every imaginable clime.

There IS plenty of land to live on, the problem is that many governments of countries (ours included) hold that land for dubious "public use" and then don't allow the "public" access to it.

The problem with getting food, shelter and clothing to the people who truly need it in third world countries (and yes, they are third world, not some maby-pamby PC term of the week) is that the tyrannical governments keep or sell the aid that is sent by first world countries. Very little of it actually makes it to the people who need it.

So you see, it has very little to do with who has what amount of land. Even the precious contraceptives that the pro-death people are sending over to these countries is being sold off to support the lavish lifestyles of the few people who have the boom-sticks.

The answer lies in rooting these pigs from their palaces and getting the help to the people in need.

Over-population is a lie told by people who are selfishly comfortable in their latte lifestyles.

Pray for them. Pray for the people in need, and go unseat a dirty regime.

Brother Adam

So what your saying is there are no children starving in third world countries? (Or even first world countries)

IcePrincessKRS

So what your saying is there are no children starving in third world countries? (Or even first world countries)

Uh, no I don't think thats what she said.

The problem with getting food, shelter and clothing to the people who truly need it in third world countries (and yes, they are third world, not some maby-pamby PC term of the week) is that the tyrannical governments keep or sell the aid that is sent by first world countries. Very little of it actually makes it to the people who need it.

If you read this phrase again you'll see that Kilroy gave a reason WHY there are starving people. There are plenty of resources, its that most of them don't actually get to the people who need them.

The problem is not supply, it's distribution. There is more than enough food available to feed the world, the problem is getting it to the people that need it. Aid shipments are sent to third world countries and dropped off where? The major ports and cities of that country. Where are the rich people? The same place. Where are the hungry people? Mostly in the country, far far away from the city, and often from far from roads any decent size truck could drive on. Where does the food go? Mostly to the rich people.

At the current rate of population growth in third world countries, it is extremely hard to feed all of those people. But that's not because there aren't enough resources in the world to feed them, it's because the hungry people don't have access to those resources because of oppressive governments and environmental degradation from the extreme population growth in those areas.

go unseat a dirty regime.

~Kilroy the Ninja

good advice, i'll go right now. ::runs off to the H2 hummer in my driveway and sets off for Cuba::

Pax Christi!

This was VERY interesting.....yes, VERY......never knew much of this stuff...can't wait to get out there and use some of this newfound knowledge!! B)