An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello!

faithcecelia

faithcecelia

As I have now been here in Notting Hill Carmel for 6mths I am allowed to post an update for you all, so here it is! Though I must say, I don't have a lot to say :blush: I am extremely happy, very healthy and feel as sure as I can that this is where I am meant to be. Don't get me wrong, there have been odd things that have not gone perfectly, but that happens in every way of life doesn't it?

A couple of weeks ago I went to the noviciate meeting that was held at Glasgow Carmel and had the most AMAZING few days :bounce: It was good to spend time with novices from other Carmels and to experience an extremely different way of living Carmel, yet knowing immediately that the life is lived as truely and authentically there as it is here.

My baby niece or nephew's arrival is also now imminent - my sil finishes work tomorrow and she and my brother are visiting on Monday - yay!

i<3franciscans

FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so good to hear from you. :) I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well!!! We miss you, you are in my daily prayers.

~fran

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1342120745' post='2455046']
FAITH! So good to hear from you! Glad to hear all is well -- God is good. We miss you! :)
[/quote]jinx.

faithcecelia

I miss all my Phatmass friends too, but I hear about many of you from the [s]spies[/s] ones who write to me! :hehe2:

You are all in my daily prayers too and you would not believe how often I get the phorum into conversation!

i<3franciscans

So can we ask you questions??? Like what is your favorite part of being a sister? (if you have one. :P )

faithcecelia

Oooh okay, a few questions - Im here for about another 20mins.

Favourite part :think: Well, there is the overall feeling of being in the 'right place', living the life I believe God has called me to. But on a practical day to day level its praying the Office with my sisters.

Thank you for the update! Glad you have found your place. There are pics of the novitiate heading to Glasgow, and you looked so happy and peaceful. So reassuring to know of your prayers for all of us PMers. Be assured of our prayers for you as well!

God bless!

Edited by emmaberry

Any difficult personalities you've had to deal with? How do you and the sisters resolve problems?

i<3franciscans

Are you now a novice or a postulant? And what kind of classes are you taking?

If you don't have time for too many questions I will stop asking. lol

faithcecelia

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1342121558' post='2455061']
Any difficult personalities you've had to deal with? How do you and the sisters resolve problems?
[/quote]

Oh yes indeed - especially my own!!! Thats the thing with contemplative life, it brings you face to face with yourself in a way you dont outside, and you have to be able to live with yourself before you can truely give yourself to God, and love yourself before you can fully and truely begin to love God.

Other people? Yes of course at times, but again, you have to learn to love them, choose to love them, and if its really hard you have to love the image of God that they are.

faithcecelia

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1342121573' post='2455062']
Are you now a novice or a postulant? And what kind of classes are you taking?

If you don't have time for too many questions I will stop asking. lol
[/quote]

Postulant, we have a years postulancy here.

We have 5 noviciate classes a week covering all sorts of subjects - scripture (my fave) catechism, liturgy, constitutions, Carmelite saints, etc.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Faith! I wrote back to your letter, but I need to write again. You are in my daily prayers. I am having mysterious medical issues that are now causing me emotional pain as well. I am at a very difficult point.You can read the story in Open Mix actually. Anyway, please pray for me, and I'm so glad things are going well for you. This thread just made my day.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1342121803' post='2455068']
We have 5 noviciate classes a week covering all sorts of subjects - scripture (my fave) catechism, liturgy, constitutions, Carmelite saints, etc.
[/quote]

They sound way better than chemistry and pre-calculus. :P

faithcecelia

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1342121818' post='2455069']
Faith! I wrote back to your letter, but I need to write again. You are in my daily prayers. I am having mysterious medical issues that are now causing me emotional pain as well. I am at a very difficult point.You can read the story in Open Mix actually. Anyway, please pray for me, and I'm so glad things are going well for you. This thread just made my day.
[/quote]

I need to reply too! So sorry to hear you are not too well, write again and I will try to reply soon. God bless xx

[quote name='bernadette d' timestamp='1342122113' post='2455079']
Hello Faith, prayers for you. So glad you are blessed with such peace and happiness.
[/quote]

Thank you. And thanks for the card you sent me too.