An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chick-fil-a Issue Thing

Annie12

franciscanheart

i went for lunch today around 2pm CST. i was in and out in about five minutes -- faster than a normal day! everyone working was SO! HAPPY! TO! HELP YOU! (even more than usual). pretty sure a girl too young to work was manning a register. it was strange. an elderly couple tried to make me order ahead of them. unrelated: they were holding a "happy 45th anniversary" sign. they'd scribbled on cardboard and brought it in with them.

(why i went today is my own business, btw, and probably different than the reasons most of you went. a little tired of all the fb posts about it. and really tired of people telling me what i stand for if i choose to spend my money there.)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1343858275' post='2461271']
i wish we had one here. :(
[/quote]

There are 2 an hour away from me... I'm not really sure it's worth the effort to go all the way out there just for a sandwich. Now, if I was going there for something else and happened to be hungry, by all means, good choice.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1343858275' post='2461271']
i wish we had one here. :(
[/quote]

Well, then don't live in a made-up state.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343859596' post='2461284']
Well, then don't live in a made-up state.
[/quote]

state of despair is a real state. :stubborn:

fides' Jack

I thought this was neat:

[quote] Some Wendy's franchises in North and South Carolina weighed in Wednesday morning with signs outside their restaurants saying, "We Stand With Chick-fil-A." [/quote]

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/01/us/chick-fil-a-appreciation/index.html"]source[/url]

I called home today and mom apparently went there for lunch. The drive thru was wrapped, every spot in their parking lot taken, and over half of Kohls lot next door was filled (and she went to Kohls after and almost no one was there).

It took me an hour and fifteen minutes in drive through at six pm. You had to drive around the building three times and cars clogged the Walmart and home depot lots. They had two officers directing traffic and at least fifty people in line outside. The girl taking orders outside said it was crazier at lunch time.

I don't have as much a problem with boycotts or gay marriage. We can debate it as citizens. I do have a problem with government officials using their political power to punish people for stating their personal opinion.

Also Chick Fil-A in Chicago, courtesy of Catholic Vote's FB:
[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/561089_10151064995223604_2021285250_n.jpg[/img]

cmotherofpirl

Every store here was wall to wall people, roads blocked with 30 cars, all the parking lots and adjacent ones filled. The only problem was the stores here had to close early - they ran out of food. :) This story struck a nerve, especially when the mayors tried intimidating the businesses, it just made everyone mad.

Maximilianus

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x_3DHkMnTVY/UBm6iwpE_eI/AAAAAAAACU4/MoVK0WEBR_A/s1600/12_08_01_nuns_chick.jpg[/img]

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1343838802' post='2461102']
I wanted CFA for lunch today as my weekly splurge but then I remembered all those hateful people are going to be cramming in and now I'm not so sure...
[/quote]

Do you really think that Chick-fil-A would have been full of hateful people today?

I went this afternoon, and I didn't notice any hatred being displayed. I guess people could have been internally feeling hatred, but I'm not usually capable of reading others' minds.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1343873725' post='2461407']
It took me an hour and fifteen minutes in drive through at six pm. You had to drive around the building three times and cars clogged the Walmart and home depot lots. They had two officers directing traffic and at least fifty people in line outside. The girl taking orders outside said it was crazier at lunch time.
[/quote]

That sounds like how it was when I went.

The line we stood in took between 45 minutes and an hour.

Freedom of speech never tasted so good.

[img]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553491_10150943658356793_1621012979_n.jpg[/img]