An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chick-fil-a Issue Thing

Annie12

[quote name='Marie-Therese' timestamp='1343259748' post='2458867']
I might be going out on a limb here, but...

[/quote]

Saying this in a smaller package is why I got accused of homophobia last week. Props for you MT.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q&sns=fb"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q&sns=fb[/url]

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1343273906' post='2458940']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q&sns=fb[/media]
[/quote]

Hide your sisters Hide your wives

Hide your waffle fries

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343271386' post='2458921']
Chick-fil-a is amazingly delicious. But I'm not giving them any more money.
[/quote]

Is gay "marriage" really that important to you?

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1343273906' post='2458940']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUmoTOujJ7Q&sns=fb[/media]
[/quote]

The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights.

[quote name='Amory' timestamp='1343275578' post='2458946']
Is gay "marriage" really that important to you?
[/quote]

Yep

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1343277910' post='2458965']
The problem isn't the personal religious views of the CEO. The problem is that the company is using its profits to back organizations that are actively working against gay rights.
[/quote]

No, the problem is that gay activists are trying to dictate what everyone in the country is supposed to think. When they find an entity large enough to draw publicity, they try to manipulate the public into boycotting that entity - to show the smaller entities what will happen to them if they don't fall into step the gay-dictated agenda. It reminds me Invasion of the Body Snatchers - when a body-snatched person sees some who has been body-snatched, they point and howl.

It's really the same thing that Planned Parenthood did to the Suzanne Komen Foundation last year.

Gay activists should simply buy the fast food they prefer as Marie-Therese recommends, and try to achieve their political goals through standard political action.

[quote name='Luigi' timestamp='1343279162' post='2458971']
No, the problem is that gay activists are trying to dictate what everyone in the country is supposed to think. [/QUOTE]

Ok. so all the calls I see for boycotting companies that support abortion here are the attempts of the Catholics Church to dictate how people think? Now let's see all the ways that you backtrack on your initial claim to make exceptions for the calls for boycotts by Church officials and Catholic activists.

[QUOTE] When they find an entity large enough to draw publicity, they try to manipulate the public into boycotting that entity - to show the smaller entities what will happen to them if they don't fall into step the gay-dictated agenda. It reminds me Invasion of the Body Snatchers - when a body-snatched person sees some who has been body-snatched, they point and howl. [/QUOTE]

So for you actively funding organizations that oppose gay rights is the same as merely no falling into line with the gay agenda? sorry, you're full off it, at this point in time, which is too bad because I usually respect your opinion. I always assumed that a CEO who wanted his company to honor the Sabbath probably wasn't out waving a rainbow flag on the weekends. And I didn;t care. But am I going to provide Chick-fil-a with profit the use to combat gay rights? No.

[QUOTE] It's really the same thing that Planned Parenthood did to the Suzanne Komen Foundation last year. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, and it's kind of what your Church does with movies like The Golden Compass.

[QUOTE] Gay activists should simply buy the fast food they prefer as Marie-Therese recommends, and try to achieve their political goals through standard political action.
[/quote]

Economic boycotts are standard political action.

PhuturePriest

Chic-Fil-A is obviously Christian because their food tastes like it is prepared by Angels from Heaven. Anyone who says they aren't welcome (Like the mayor of Boston) should be thrown in Kansas and be doomed to eating disgusting beef the rest of their lives.

Summary of my post: Beef is terrible (And I mean that), chicken is amesome, and Chic-Fil-A is a gift from Baby Jesus.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1343280973' post='2458976']
Beef is terrible (And I mean that)
[/quote]

[img]http://thebza.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/american-psycho.jpg?w=460&h=300[/img]

[quote name='Lilllabettt' timestamp='1343281979' post='2458980']
winner winner chicken dinner.
I'll eat yours Hasan even though you're a growing boy.
[/quote]

I'm not a boy, I'm a man. I'm a big, strong man!

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1343258956' post='2458865']
It's supper messy and people are being really uncharitable towards each other. I don't know what to think... This kinda stuff makes be sad.
[/quote]

Gay rites ? unfortunately they don't seem to understand Chick-fil-a has rites too, it's not like chick-fil-a are segregating and refusing homo sexuals access to there restaurants. Like if i prefer soccer to n.f.l. or even prefer table tennis to either of them i'm well within my rites to voice that yes.?

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I heard some priests in south east asia are marrying animals together. And i don't like it and i don't believe it is right ao im gonna say it and i'm going to back anyone in the church that is against these priests marrying animals together, and no the word animal is not code for homosexual i'm talking real livestock and pets. Like i can handle blessing pets and livestock and crops etc but not marrying them. Same as a habitual masterbator i can handle going to holy mass but would prefer them to goto confession before recieving the holy eucharist and if not confessed to go up for a blessing or sitting tight and recieving whatever blessing from just attending holy mass. But than st paul does say those whom recieve in a state of mortal sin will suffer but only that GOD may avoid them eternal condemnation, words to that effect anyhow.

Edited by Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye