An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your #1 Daily Tip To Become More Holy

dUSt

Other quick tips:

* Say a prayer, or at least make the sign of the cross, when you pass a Catholic Church. It'll deepen your awareness of and respect for the Jesus in the Eucharist.

* If you can't get to daily Mass, read the readings (there are also apps for that ... good for bathroom or bedtime reading).

* Go for a 15-minute walk/run or exercise. Offer it up for your own sanctification or some other intention.

* Sleep and eat properly. Feeling healthy in body makes it so much easier to get healthy in mind and spirit.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1344292873' post='2463593']
Something annoying or bothering you? Look out your window and pick a car. Every car carries a soul to be prayed for.
[/quote]

I do this with houses as I drive through neighborhoods. Pick a house and pray for the residents.

PhuturePriest

At the Conference, one speaker noted a famous person (It may have been Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, I don't know since I wasn't paying attention) said he could never combat evil and be as holy as he should be without an hour of prayer each day. This actually isn't that much time and you can do it even if you have a hectic schedule. I have been praying an hour a day since Lent and all you have to do is pray five or seven minutes an hour, or pray for fifteen minutes when you have a break, or whatever.

[quote name='thedude' timestamp='1344297747' post='2463648']
The "heroic minute"! Get up at the first alarm from your clock!
[/quote]

:nono: :ohno:

More power to those who can do this ... I can't. Nope. Talk about wicked headache.

Edited by cmariadiaz

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1344301998' post='2463702']
hug Red

a lot
[/quote]

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxhwofD4uo1r7wykbo1_500.gif[/img]

bernadette d

Walk the dog, praying the Rosary and remembering anyone you pass on the way or in the houses. (Anyone you speak to gets a special mention!)