An Old School Catholic Message Board

Consecration To Our Lady

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1345014153' post='2467829']
WHY WAIT? !?!?!?!?

You can always renew and repeat your consecration!!!

In fact, the consecration will help you to realise God's Will in your life, so that you might be able to say more easily with Our Lady " I am the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to your word".

AVE MARIA!
[/quote]

I did mine about 3 years ago. I wouldn't wait, either,

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1345014153' post='2467829']
WHY WAIT? !?!?!?!?

You can always renew and repeat your consecration!!!

In fact, the consecration will help you to realise God's Will in your life, so that you might be able to say more easily with Our Lady " I am the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to your word".

AVE MARIA!
[/quote]

If I do the consecration now (as in before entrance), do I have to wait a full year to renew, or can I renew/etc whenever the Sisters do?? Thanks for your help!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1345086908' post='2468424']
I made mine today!!
[/quote]
*hears screaming through the phone* "I MADE MY CONSECRATION TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

dymphnamaria

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345086783' post='2468423']
If I do the consecration now (as in before entrance), do I have to wait a full year to renew, or can I renew/etc whenever the Sisters do?? Thanks for your help!
[/quote]

I was consecrated to Our Lady before my entrance. Egidio is right,you can always renew your consecration every.

dymphnamaria

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1344999640' post='2467741']
ALLELUIA!!

If it is the first time that you are doing the consecration, get ready for your life to change (obviously for the better :).

I , unworthy as i am, have a vow of unlimited consecration to Our Lady, renewed everyday! :w00t:

AVE MARIA and HAPPY SOLEMNITY!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Your greetings reminds me of the Franciscans! Ave Maria!

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345086783' post='2468423']
[/quote]

Consecrate yourself now, and do it again tomorrow, and the next day, etc, etc, etc.

Our Blessed Mother never gets tired of hearing that you love Her, and trust Her with your life. The preparation is a great thing to do, but Our Lady is no lawyer, the preparation is for YOU, She just wants you to let Her lead you to Her Son.

So to change the quote of Padre Pio slightly :Consecrate yourself, hope, and don't worry!!!!

AVE MARIA!

[quote name='dymphnamaria' timestamp='1345091623' post='2468485']
Your greetings reminds me of the Franciscans! Ave Maria!
[/quote]

There's a good reason for that, check out my profile :hehe2:

Egidio: You got right to the heart of it! My dad is a lawyer, and that was my chosen profession before venturing into religious life. We love our calendars and schedules! I will begin my consecration 33 day devotions soon. Thank you, and Ave Maria. :)

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1345093089' post='2468500']
Our Blessed Mother never gets tired of hearing that you love Her, and trust Her with your life. The preparation is a great thing to do, but Our Lady is no lawyer, the preparation is for YOU, She just wants you to let Her lead you to Her Son.

So to change the quote of Padre Pio slightly :Consecrate yourself, hope, and don't worry!!!!
[/quote]

I'm really, really glad that the Holy Spirit led you to say this, Egidio. I consecrated myself today (Totus Tuus, Maria!), and I followed the 33 day preparation guide, but there were a few days where I failed to do the daily meditations (but I made them up the next day..so it was just like two meditations per day, or something..) and today I was unable to go to Confession as the guide suggests we "should" do before making the consecration, so I was feeling kind of lame, but asked Jesus to grant me the graces to make the consecration regardless of my imperfect preparations. I believe my consecration is still fully valid and graciously accepted by our Lord even though my preparatory period was flawed. So thank you for reminding us that we should not be legalistic about it! :)

Ave Maria!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1345098191' post='2468532']
I'm really, really glad that the Holy Spirit led you to say this, Egidio. I consecrated myself today (Totus Tuus, Maria!), and I followed the 33 day preparation guide, but there were a few days where I failed to do the daily meditations (but I made them up the next day..so it was just like two meditations per day, or something..) and today I was unable to go to Confession as the guide suggests we "should" do before making the consecration, so I was feeling kind of lame, but asked Jesus to grant me the graces to make the consecration regardless of my imperfect preparations. I believe my consecration is still fully valid and graciously accepted by our Lord even though my preparatory period was flawed. So thank you for reminding us that we should not be legalistic about it! :)

Ave Maria!
[/quote]

When I made my Total Consecration, I didn't follow any such formula or novena for several days beforehand. This is why I choose the one by St. Max Kolbe. I often forget days during the novena and never finish it. All I did was attend Confession and then write out the full prayer of Consecration to recite in front of a Marian statue on the day of my choice. Like I said before, I usually do it on December 8th but opted to renew early this year on the Feast of the Visitation because of how important it is to me. :)

Our Lady doesn't require us to do preparation a month beforehand. I know it helps others, but I feel I got so much out of it even though I didn't prepare the normal way.

DaughterOfMary

I did my Consecration for the first time on the Feast of the Annunciation this year. It has changed my life for the better in various different ways. Our Lady really does take you under her wing and you can really sense extra protection from her and God, will never regret doing this :cloud9:

Sorry, but could someone please give me a thorough explanation of what this consecration is, and what purpose it serves, and how it's different from just loving Our Lady before the consecration? I've heard of this before, but never really understood it. I mean, what changes?