An Old School Catholic Message Board

Consecration To Our Lady

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

I've completed the 33 preparation and will be making my consecration to Our Lady. Anyone else done it? I'm really excited about this.

filius_angelorum

Tomorrow is one of my favorite Marian feast days, partly because it commemorates one of the last Catholic doctrines to which I gave my unconditional assent before becoming Catholic. It is a great day to make or renew one's consecration. Just sayin

Strictlyinkblot

I'm the Queen's littlest daughter. The words will bind me even tighter to Her. Why didn't I do this years ago?

ALLELUIA!!

If it is the first time that you are doing the consecration, get ready for your life to change (obviously for the better :).

I , unworthy as i am, have a vow of unlimited consecration to Our Lady, renewed everyday! :w00t:

AVE MARIA and HAPPY SOLEMNITY!!!!!!!

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Egidio' timestamp='1344999730' post='2467742']
sorry, double post :sorry:
[/quote]

PM hiccups. Have a joyful Solemnity

I have not, I think the Roswell PCCs do this so I am trying to hold out until my entrance (God willing), but it is painful to wait.

God bless your consecration tomorrow on Our Lady's beautiful Solemnity!!

[quote name='emmaberry' timestamp='1345005538' post='2467803']
I have not, I think the Roswell PCCs do this so I am trying to hold out until my entrance (God willing), but it is painful to wait.

God bless your consecration tomorrow on Our Lady's beautiful Solemnity!!
[/quote]

WHY WAIT? !?!?!?!?

You can always renew and repeat your consecration!!!

In fact, the consecration will help you to realise God's Will in your life, so that you might be able to say more easily with Our Lady " I am the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done unto me according to your word".

AVE MARIA!

NovemberFourth

I'm not renewing my Consecration today, but it was on the Feast of the Assumption last year I was received into the Novitiate of the Servants of the Sacred Cross. So, special prayers for all those consecrating and entering today. :)

OnlySunshine

I made my Total Consecration to Mary Immaculate on December 8th, 2009 for the first time ever. Since then, I have developed such a strong bond with Our Lady and have looked to her constantly as an excellent example of my spiritual life. I know I can go to her for anything and she won't refuse me -- even when it's difficult for me to approach Jesus in prayer on my own. Jesus cannot and will not refuse His mother -- just look at the miracle in the Wedding Feast at Cana! Jesus said it wasn't His time yet, but He could never refuse the woman who said "Fiat!" to God's Divine Plan of Salvation. I renew it every year. This year, I did it earlier on the Feast of the Visitation but I normally do it on December 8th. I am planning to recite the Consecration prayer privately before Mass tonight. Today is extra special for me since I was baptized in the Catholic Church on this very day in 1983 at 3 weeks old. :)