An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx Members Welcome?

Studiumecclesiae

she_who_is_not

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345140232' post='2468653']
It means if you experience a liturgy lasting more than four hours, seek help immediately and call a Doctor of the Church.
[/quote]

I think this is my favorite post of all time. I want to frame it.

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1345144716' post='2468718']
Grade undergrad papers lately? :P

[/quote]

please don't speak of that...it is traumatizing

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345143467' post='2468703']

So is Nancy Pelosi.
[/quote]

It's a little disgraceful of you to make this comparison. Faithful Catholics will find far more in common with our brethren of the SSPX on matters of faith than those who support the mass murder of babies.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1345145064' post='2468726']
It's a little disgraceful of you to make this comparison. Faithful Catholics will find far more in common with our brethren of the SSPX on matters of faith than those who support the mass murder of babies.
[/quote]

Disobedience is disobedience. The gravity is different, but the principle is the same.

Edited by EmilyAnn

KnightofChrist

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345145174' post='2468728']

Disobedience is disobedience. The gravity is different, but the principle is the same.
[/quote]

If you're in support of the comparison this is also a little disgraceful. There are levels of disobedience.
Again on actual matters of faith, what Catholics must believe, you will have far more in common with members of the SSPX, and find the SSPX is far more obedient to the Church than liberal catholics. The SSPX is far more obedient to the Church than the like of Nancy Pelosi and it's very wrong to compare the two as equals.

[/quote]
I did not state they were equals. Point was to reveal the flaw in Slappo's logic.

[/quote]
[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345145174' post='2468728']
[/quote]

meh... but I think one is making an honest attempt to safeguard Tradition, while the other doesn't seem to care for it at all...

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1345146199' post='2468745']
meh... but I think one is making an honest attempt to safeguard Tradition, while the other doesn't seem to care for it at all...
[/quote]

I sympathise with a lot of the issues the SSPX have, I do. But that does not excuse the actions they have taken or their lack of obedience to the Church.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1345146119' post='2468741']
If you're in support of the comparison this is also a little disgraceful. There are levels of disobedience.
Again on actual matters of faith, what Catholics must believe, you will have far more in common with members of the SSPX, and find the SSPX is far more obedient to the Church than liberal catholics. The SSPX is far more obedient to the Church than the like of Nancy Pelosi and it's very wrong to compare the two as equals.
[/quote]

I said there were levels of disobedience. These two situations are not the same and I didn't say they were. What I was saying was that the fundamental problem with both is a lack of obedience.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345146193' post='2468744']

I did not state they were equals. Point was to reveal the flaw in Slappo's logic.
[/quote]

Still the comparison is a little disgraceful she supports, among many other anti-catholic things, the mass murder of babies. The SSPX is vastly more loyal and obedient than her and others like her.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1345146361' post='2468747']

I sympathise with a lot of the issues the SSPX have, I do. But that does not excuse the actions they have taken or their lack of obedience to the Church.

I said there were levels of disobedience. These two situations are not the same and I didn't say they were. What I was saying was that the fundamental problem with both is a lack of obedience.
[/quote]

The comparison should have never been made or defended.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1345146633' post='2468749']
The SSPX is vastly more loyal and obedient than her and others like her.
[/quote]
And yet not loyal and obedient enough to be in full communion with Rome.

But I do concede your point that it is like comparing an ant hill to a mountain.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345146885' post='2468752']

But I do concede your point that it is like comparing an ant hill to a mountain.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1345146633' post='2468749']
Still the comparison is a little disgraceful she supports, among many other anti-catholic things, the mass murder of babies. The SSPX is vastly more loyal and obedient than her and others like her.
[/quote]
Are you using this as an opportunity to pontificate your support for SSPX? I do not see how you can understand that the meaning of my post was to convey that a SSPX supporter is an equal dissenter as Pelosi.

I was addressing the logic that if one is a Catholic, as a SSPX supporter and Pelosi both are, then he/she automatically should not get phishy tag.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1345146885' post='2468752']
[/quote]

This. The fact of that matter is they have so far refused to come back into full Communion with the Church. You can go on about how "loyal" and "obedient" they are but I fail to see how that reconciles with their actions.

Although it is not a fair comparison, the reasoning behind the Phishy tag is the same, whether you say "I do not accept Vatican II" or you say "I do not accept the church's stance on abortion". Bottom line is that you are not in full communion with Rome.